You may also like

Rate Dr. Samaad Malik

Dr. Samaad Malik's Ratings

I have had 2 surgeries done by Dr. Malik, both times he has been very helpful and gentle in his manner of how he treats you as a patient, he is very skilled and makes sure that you are comfortable afterwards, checking up on you regularly. His personal assistant is awesome, friendly and easy to talk too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2849813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr Malik is the consummate professional. He is thorough, thoughtful and gentle. His concerns for the patient are evident in his manner, examination technique and questions. His methodical "do no harm" approach is greatly appreciated. My wife and I are assured that Dr.Malik's approach will result in collection of the necessary facts to allow a reasoned and responsible resolution of my condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2816205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

My experience with Dr. Malik was terrible, he was arrogant and did not read my referral clearly and proceeded to stick his finger in my belly button where there was a small umbilical hernia. The issue was my 20 cm hernia in my abdomen that he did not even address and missed on the form. I was sticking out like I was 6 months pregnant woman and was in extreme pain, all he could say is that he could not help me and proceeded to send me back to the Royal Jubilee Emergency. I waited from August to September in extreme pain to see him all for him to miss my extremely large hernia. It took many more trips to the Emergency before I was finally referred to and received the surgery I required in November. That is a 4 months ERROR on his part!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2709552].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

Dr. Malik was clear and to point when he told me I would have to have part of my colon removed. He answered all my questions and when I had questions after the first visit he responded right away. My surgery went well and I had a strong recovery, with no complications. He was very professional and did a great job. I feel fortunate to have had such a great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2615900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

Dr Malik was very straight forward and to the point about what was expected of me post op. He managed to send out all the referals to other specialists very quickly. I finished up all my appointments very fast as I was eager to see him again. I havent yet had a date for my surgery but he has assured me that I wont be waiting for years, unlike a few people I know who are with another surgeon. Thanks Dr. Malik for being friendly, professional and efficient. See you soon!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2599823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

I was referred for gall bladder removal; he suggested it might be something else despite having SEEN my ultrasound an the gall bladder is absolutely STUFFED with stones. I asked him why i is that the other two doctors I had seen said the gall bladder needed to come out, his response was... "I can cut you open if you want me to ". Not wanting to be difficult I sat back to do it his way first. His office booked me for a gastroscopy, I had to cancel it at the last minute because of a medical situation with our caregiver. I was extremely polite and apologetic about it but apparently he took offense because after I had discussed things with his personal assistant ( yes I'd have the scoping but please, I needed to be on wait list for my gall bladder - couldn't we do them both at the same time?!?) he decided to write a letter to my GP saying I should go somewhere else. He did not even have the courtesy to address me personally which I found incredibly rude and arrogant. He should be busy enough that he needn't book me for two procedures to make an extra fee, nor should he waste valuable lab and OR time by giving me the run around. I found him to be personable enough when we initially met but am very put off my his manner at this point, almost as though since I didn't agree with him incontrovertibly and/or worship him he wouldn't deal with me. When I stood up for myself and presented the information I had been told by other physicians and had the nerve to (tactfully and politely) question him he dumped me rudely. In the meantime I am still in daily pain/discomfort and am nowhere closer to improved health than I was in the months prior to the appointment while I was waiting to see him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2556956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

dr malik is probably the greatest surgeon ive ever met! he is straight and to the point. if you don't do the work you won't get a result. he is realistic and has an AMAZING sense of humour! i got switched to him from another doctor after being on a wait list for 5 years. i am SO glad i got switched as me and dr malik totally click! the man is a genius and is incredibly encouraging. He can only do so much and you have to do the rest! he can fix your stomach, but not your head. the man is amazing!!! THANK YOU DR MALIK YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2555000].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

Three words: outstanding, incredible and dedicated. He even called me after surgery just to see how I was doing...He really exceeding my expectations and I wish more of our healthcare professionals could take note. I have no hesitation to highly recommend him for surgery. Reading about him, it just seems so obvious that the patients who speak ill about Dr Malik, have more social and personal issues to deal with...Dr Malik is an excellent surgeon and has quite the sense of humor as well. All in all, very pleasant and clearly more than 5 stars!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2490845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

Dr Malik did my gastric sleeve 7 months ago. I switched to Dr Malik after waiting 5 years on another surgeon's wait list. Doctor Malik did a great job on my surgery: fast recovery, no complications, exactly the outcome I was hoping for. He was friendly, courteous and answered all my questions. If I ever need more surgery, I will ask my GP to refer me to Dr. Malik.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2232441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I have been attended to twice by this surgeon and have only the highest regard for his skill, communication and bedside manner. No problem at all in seeing him again and I particularly like his sense of humour. A credit to a skilled profession. Well done Dr Malik.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][193641].votes_count ]]