Rate Dr. Samaad Malik

Dr. Samaad Malik's Ratings

Three words: outstanding, incredible and dedicated. He even called me after surgery just to see how I was doing...He really exceeding my expectations and I wish more of our healthcare professionals could take note. I have no hesitation to highly recommend him for surgery. Reading about him, it just seems so obvious that the patients who speak ill about Dr Malik, have more social and personal issues to deal with...Dr Malik is an excellent surgeon and has quite the sense of humor as well. All in all, very pleasant and clearly more than 5 stars!!!

Submitted Aug. 10, 2014 | flag

Dr Malik did my gastric sleeve 7 months ago. I switched to Dr Malik after waiting 5 years on another surgeon's wait list. Doctor Malik did a great job on my surgery: fast recovery, no complications, exactly the outcome I was hoping for. He was friendly, courteous and answered all my questions. If I ever need more surgery, I will ask my GP to refer me to Dr. Malik.

Submitted June 20, 2014 | flag

I have been attended to twice by this surgeon and have only the highest regard for his skill, communication and bedside manner. No problem at all in seeing him again and I particularly like his sense of humour. A credit to a skilled profession. Well done Dr Malik.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. Malik performed my bowel resection recently. I could not be more pleased with the result and with the care I received. During the course of three office visits I found him to be charming, helpful and patient. He answered all my questions fully and his added bit of humor put one at ease. The surgery was expertly done. I have had no pain or complications of any kind. Great work{

Submitted Jan. 9, 2014 | flag

this dr has the best side manner of a snake he is rude and disrespectful , treated me like I was a piece of garbage and was very insulting very disappointed going to see him after I was referred from my family doctor , definatelly not worth the ferry ride and 8 hour drive to go see him , he is definatelly in it for the money , no interest in a persons health

Submitted Dec. 11, 2013 | flag

I found Dr Malik to be clear and direct in explaining my situation and my options. He answered my questions and concerns. I was encouraged with his advanced training and focus on "keyhole" laparoscopic technique. Prior to the operation he was thoroughly professional in his dealings with the OR team and with myself. The nursing staff on the ward praise him highly. Thanks to Dr Malik I'm experiencing only minimal discomfort after surgery. And I'm hugely surprised by the negative comments I see here.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag

I met with Dr Malik and his intern about 2 months ago to discuss having my gallbladder removed after years of issues with it. His intern was fantastic and Dr Malik was honest and told me that I needed surgery and that was a higher risk than most and was given a surgery date within 6 weeks. Dr Malik was wonderful in the OR and made me feel comfortable as I was going under (the woman anaesthesiologist was amazing), and I believed him when he said I'd be fine and was in great hands. He didn't come by after surgery as I was kept overnight, but his intern did first thing the next morning but I don't remember much of our conversation because it was early and I was on pain killers. He called me at home a week later to see how I was doing, answer my questions, and to make sure I booked my follow up appt. He is an amazing surgeon who knows what he is doing and he does it extremely well. He is a busy man and gets to the point, it's not his personality that kept me alive, it's his skill.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2013 | flag

Disappointing. Was referred to Malik as I was having issues with my Gall Bladder. After ultrasounds, and ct scans showed problems he told me that no, I had some gall stones but they were no way causing my issues. He said these surgeries are his 'bread and butter' and he didnt want to take my GB out unless it would ease my pain. He didn't believe it would. 5 months later I was rushed to the emerge with pain I can't even describe, my gall bladder was practically mush!! No way that happened in a few months. Either he is way too busy to help those of us with smaller procedures or he didn't see the big picture. Either way, it's out and I am grateful to the surgeon who removed it. That was a terrible experience, and avoidable.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2013 | flag

lousy, Has no bedside manner, would not let him touch me, little on operate on me - left the office very upset. if you are suffering from PTSD along, with your need for surgery - HE IS NOT THE ONE TOO SEE. even if l was in an emergency event, l would not let him touch me. Was not impress with him at all. As a disabled Veteran, was very disappointed that l got wounded, to preserve freedom for the likes of this jerk!

Submitted Sept. 16, 2013 | flag

Amazing Dr. I have no idea what some people are talking about on this page. Dr. Malik was extremely knowledgeable and treated me with compassion and respect. I think we take for granted how busy these guys get. Its not a perfect system we have in Canada but its better then most. On the day of my operation Dr. Malik was preforming multiple surgeries with what appeared to be no rest. Anyway- I'm a happy patient.

Submitted July 23, 2013 | flag