Rate Dr. Andrew Urmson

Dr. Andrew Urmson's Ratings

Dr. Urmson performed surgery on my ankle (Open Reduction Internal Fixation). In my opinion, he was very professional and willing to answer any and all questions. The staff were all very helpful, Dr. Urmson was always available when he said he would be, knew what he was talking about and did an excellent job fixing my ankle.

Submitted July 12, 2013 | flag

Dr. Urmson has poor communication skills. He forgot to introduce himself and is extremely arrogant. He discharged my daughter early after surgery without any teaching re: self-splinting, toileting, etc.Lacked compassion for the amount of pain and should have referred or had plastic surgery involved. He did not return phonecalls from physiotherapists after surgery when he missed the fact that there were 5 nerves damaged. His secretary told us he does not respond to physiotherapists calls, faxes or emails. He was also not accurate at all about prognosis or length of time for healing. I would not recommend this doctor until he learns how to listen to his patients and respect them.

Submitted July 8, 2013 | flag

Dr. Urmson is a great doctor. He is very personable. He treated my 5 year old son like he was a real person, reassuring him about any fears he had. He noticed things that most people who miss, like the fact that our son got glasses! You can tell he really cares. We are so appreciative of the care our son received. We would recommend him to anyone. Best doctor we have seen, hands down.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2012 | flag

Professional, friendly, honest and the best part, oh so very skilled! Saw him as the result of an accident that could have had a life altering effect on me. Will now always forget about personality if I ever need to select a specialist; discovered skill and experience counts for everything. Was fortunate he was on call when I needed someone, his professional manner and kindness was simply a bonus. There is no way I could ever thank him and his surgical team enough.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2012 | flag

Very personable with our young son. Seems like a real good guy. Very caring. Very prompt. Happy with the care my son received

Submitted July 16, 2012 | flag

doesn't spend much time with you. seems to know what he is talking about.

Submitted May 31, 2011 | flag

He was very helpful in getting my daughter a baseball cast. My daughter loves baseball.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2011 | flag

He was very thoughtful in getting my son a soccer ball cast for his broken arm. My son loves soccer.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2010 | flag