Rate Dr. Chris Rolston

Dr. Chris Rolston's Ratings

My young daughter had been sick for 2 years when we went to Dr. Rolston. She'd gotten sick after a trip to Mexico, and the doctors I saw did a number of tests, but finally insisted that there was nothing wrong with her, and she'd have to learn to live with it, even suggested a psychologist to have her learn to live with her symptoms! She would miss school all the time due to the pain and became almost incapable of sleeping; she also became completely lactose intolerant. Dr. Rolston may be a little eccentric sometimes in his manner and may hold a few flaky beliefs, as another reviewer complains, but so what? He is a brilliant, caring doctor. He explained all my daughters symptoms, sent her for the right tests (ones the other doctors did not know about), found she had a serious parasite, and sent her for a treatment. She recovered completely from the symptoms, to the point that within about 3 weeks she could even drink a huge glass of milk without any stomach complaint.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195621].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2014

I was misdiagnosed for decades and severly medicated with western medicine. GP's, Rheumatologists, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Internists, etc. I was in constant pain, could only function a 20%, prognosis-bedridden. difficulty walking, talking, moving arms, light, noise, wind would cause extreme pain. I saw specialists, had numerous tests. Diagnosis, bi-lateral trigeminal neuralgia, fibromyalgia, chronic fatique disorder, ptsd. Treatment- many different medicaitions, then more to treat the sideeffects from medications. After simply diagnostics, Dr. Chris found my problem to be severe allergies and Hashimoto disease. Easily treatable. Simple medications, no sideeffects and some supplements. Dr. Chris's diagnostic methods, blood tests and listening to my symptoms. 6 months later, I have my life back! Chris is simplistic in explanation, yet not condescending, extremely professional with a dry sense of humour, detailed and thorough. I strongly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2012

I have been reading these reviews and was surprised to read a complaint about Dr. Rolston being intrusive regarding one’s personal life. Dr. Rolston works with the body, mind, and spirit. I know that we are so used to a system of symptoms and prescriptions and this idea that it should be black and white. I have seen Dr. Rolston a couple of times and I felt like he was asking me about my personal life because it was tied into the ailments I was experiencing. If you are an individual who is not comfortable with that, then it’s your choice to discontinue seeing Dr. Rolston. However, criticizing him for, what I feel, is his compassion in trying to see the whole picture doesn’t seem fair. He is sincere, dedicated, and has many years of experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2012

although he is knowledgeable in his area, I found him very intrusive about my personal life...pressuring me to spend more money than I could afford on ambiguous medication and at one point having me "imagine" what sorts of medication I should take (without my knowing what the medication consisted of). I am a highly educated person and know the difference between good science (i.e. acupuncture) and flakiness. Also he did not respect my boundaries when I told him I was there for his knowledge of organic medicine and not for therapy (in which he is not trained). Will not return to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I saw him a few years ago and he helped me do a cleanse that made me stink so bad while my body purged... I felt much better after that. He also helped me rid myself of chronic sinus issues. Years later, I'm a mom, and had a sick baby at home. I called his office one evening and he happened to answer the phone. Though it would take a long time to see him and he doesn't normally do acute cases, he spent time with me on the phone, for free (and not knowing I was a previous patient either)giving me some excellent insight and advice while also asking me my own opinions! This guy was made to be a doctor. EXCELLENT. Highly recommended. Bonus is that he is actually a cool guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

Dr. Rolston is friendly and personable and very helpful. He has an excellent knowledge of the metabolic pathways in the body and can describe them to you, and relate them to his chosen treatment. I was on a cornucopia of prescription drugs, and with his help I am now drug-free. Thank you so much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195616].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2011

Dr R was very informative and knowledgable. He gave me handouts that helped me understand my own case and seemed to have done a lot of research on what would be best for me. He had figured out what was wrong very quickly and then tested to make sure he was correct. I was very impressed with his caring manner and his willingness to answer all my questions both in person and afterwards by email. I am so grateful to have found someone that could actually help me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2010

Dr R is very good at displaying what he does know upfront thus impressing the layperson. He has his notes in order, and provides his recipients with much information (so much in fact, that it would seem as if R was a genius!). Unfortunately there are some problems inherent in his approach. First, he should not use the "F" word when communicating with patients, especially when they typically do not use that kind of language. Second, he should show more diligence in preventing unnecessary overlap with the herbs he recommends. Third, he should ensure that recommended procedure of a particular detox remedy (coffee enema) is appropriate for that individual (amount of fluid) and advises correct technique (position). Fourth, he is extremely expensive ($175/hour). Fifth, unsure of diagnosis? Off to the merry go round consults with his buddies, who all recommend each other. For 1000. I got ill advised enema, a sore ass, and a completely detoxed bank account.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2010

Wonderful! This is the first time I've worked with a Naturopath and his level of knowledge is impressive and obviously stays current with treatment/research developments. He listens very well, asks good questions and considers the big picture of health, not just focussing on the one ache or pain but rather how that ache/pain is related to the other things going on with you. Allows the patient to be involved in the process without being threatened. Educates as he talks in a way that is neither ignorant nor condescending. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2010

Dr Rolston has helped me overcome one serious and a few more underlying health issues. I never thought I would again feel this good. He is very honest and so knowledgeable it is unreal. He is worth every penny; any traditional doctor I attended in the past really compartmentalized my health issues. Some people have trouble believing that a naturopathic doctor can do anything; I have actually stopped going to traditional doctors (cancelled my dermatologist entirely). I cannot recommend him highly enough. Other family members have gone and they are very happy with Dr. Rolston as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][195612].votes_count ]]