Rate Dr. Frank Offiah

Dr. Frank Offiah's Ratings

Dr. Offiah is the best Doctor I have had for years. He knows or will research all medicines and always follows up on results. I forgot to go to get my second tests done and was shocked his rep called and said the doctor needs you to have the tests and come in for a review. Wow! He is compassionate and gives the best service that is possible in our over crowded medical system.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

This was by far the worst doctor I have ever seen. I was experiencing severe back pain due to a hip flexor injury. I had needed a prescription refill and called to see my regular family doctor. At that time, my doctor was away, so the receptionist put me in to see Dr. Offiah. He pushed on my back and buttocks so hard, I almost began to cry. I kept explaining that I was only there for a refill on my anti-inflammatory pills and was already seeing a physiotherapist, but he insisted on examining me and even insinuated that I was a drug addict. I was shocked and upset as the medication I was on was prescribed by my regular family doctor (a doctor in that clinic) only 2 months prior and before that I had never even heard of them. At the end of the appointment he shoved a prescription at me and told me to do stretches. I have not been back to that medical clinic since.

Submitted May 1, 2013 | flag

My husband, son and myself have been patients of Dr. Offiah for nine years. He diagnosed me by looking at me and hearing my symptoms without any diagnostic tools and was bang on correct. My son who has a cognitive impairment was very receptive to Dr. Offiah, as he took the time and had the patience to do a full exam. My husband to has no complaints. Reading some of your comments I had to wonder, some say he "rushed", them and "others complained of having to wait too long" to me that is a bit of a double standard. Secondly, he is difficult to understand be considerate as he does have a heavy accent and he has always been very nice when we have asked him to repeat himself. his intelligence I do not believe any one of us can judge-he is the one with the MD degree until we are at par we can not say! Bed side manner-yes there is some room for improvement but, really we are going to see this professional not on a social call but, for health care service. We would recommend this doctor.

Submitted April 13, 2013 | flag

I see Dr Offiah regularly for a number of complex health issues. I find him to be very compassionate and resourceful. He is very professional and awesome with children. Great Doctor. Lucky to have found him.

Submitted April 10, 2013 | flag

After waiting 2hrs to be seen (was not a walk in, had made an appointment)I was finally able to see Dr. Offiah. I was seeing him for the first time and because I was in an MVA. At first, I didn't mind him, he poked and prodded but didn't ask very many questions. Eventually, I openly told him details that I found important and he seemed uninterested. He printed off some stretches for me to do and prescriptions to take but didn't elaborate on what they were or even when I should take them. THEN a woman, who I presume was his wife, opens the door a crack and starts to talk to him, not a big deal. UNTIL they start arguing and he is being openly rude with her. It was incredibly awkward and he didn't even bother to apologize. After the appointment, he got up and walked out without so much as a goodbye. I had to find my own way out. My boyfriend saw him later that day for the same reason and similar/worse symptoms. He said Dr.Offiah could've cared less. My description, UNPROFESSIONAL.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2013 | flag

I book a 9 am appointment because I have a small child and don't want to have to wait to get in. I am here on time every time. Dr. Offiah has eat to be less than half an hour late. No apology for the wait time. I'm pregnant, he never remembers why I'm there. Doesn't even check what the appointment was booked for. Obviously he has more important things on his mind than his patients. I will be looking for a new family doctor.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2012 | flag

Dr. Offiah is now my family physician. I find him very helpfull and caring. If he does not know something, he will look it up. Very impressed.

Submitted July 28, 2012 | flag

He doesn't rush and was very thorough with our concerns. He is gentle with children and was working even on the day his child was born!

Submitted July 12, 2012 | flag

Very thorough. Patient with my concerns and questions. Nice sense of humour. Ensures testing when it is needed. Very considerate of a particular health anxiety of mine. Busy. Respect his time.

Submitted April 20, 2012 | flag

Dr Offiah is my new family Doc. I saw him to find out what's going on with my stomach and bowel problems, he took the time to care, he got blood work done to rule out celiac disease but also said if it came back negative he'd send me for a scope to see what is going on. He takes the time to talk to you, he may be slightly hard to understand but is patient with you if you don't understand his accent. Overal he has been excellent to me, he hasn't been quick to send me out the door with anti-biotics like most walk in clinics too. Very caring, but straight forward, you have to take his advice with a grain of salt, it may sound rude but he's just being honest with you, which is what all doctors should do! I will continue to see him.

Submitted March 16, 2012 | flag