Rate Dr. Frank Offiah

Dr. Frank Offiah's Ratings

WORST doctor I have EVER experienced!!! I have gone to him probably 10-15 times in the last couple of years and each time have given him the benefit of the doubt thinking "he probably was stressed", "he is very busy", etc. But I am tired of making up excuses for him. He is so incredibly rude, has laughed in my face about a concern I was having, misdiagnosed my daughter and could have seriously hurt her by the meds he tried to give her, luckily I was smart enough to know he was wrong and fought for her. Every time I've gone I've always been very polite and patient even when it wasn't deserved and he never gave respect back. The last time I went I waited 2 hours past my appointment time and when he finally came in he told me that I was wasted his time and that he was going to charge me $20 because if it. I was FURIOUS! Thankfully his receptionist was kind and fought for me and changed his mind. The only reason I was there was because I received a letter from the government requesting his signature in order for my child tax payments to continue and then he pulls that kind of garbage. Worst doctor ever!!!!! He doesn't deserve his license.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2560161].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Dr. Offiah has no respect for your time. He has plently of respect for his own time. You will sit in the waiting room for potentially hours. He has no idea what a schedule is, nor does he have any respect for a patient's time. Would avoid at all costs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548463].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Dr. Offiah is the best Doctor I have had for years. He knows or will research all medicines and always follows up on results. I forgot to go to get my second tests done and was shocked his rep called and said the doctor needs you to have the tests and come in for a review. Wow! He is compassionate and gives the best service that is possible in our over crowded medical system.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

This was by far the worst doctor I have ever seen. I was experiencing severe back pain due to a hip flexor injury. I had needed a prescription refill and called to see my regular family doctor. At that time, my doctor was away, so the receptionist put me in to see Dr. Offiah. He pushed on my back and buttocks so hard, I almost began to cry. I kept explaining that I was only there for a refill on my anti-inflammatory pills and was already seeing a physiotherapist, but he insisted on examining me and even insinuated that I was a drug addict. I was shocked and upset as the medication I was on was prescribed by my regular family doctor (a doctor in that clinic) only 2 months prior and before that I had never even heard of them. At the end of the appointment he shoved a prescription at me and told me to do stretches. I have not been back to that medical clinic since.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][196384].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

My husband, son and myself have been patients of Dr. Offiah for nine years. He diagnosed me by looking at me and hearing my symptoms without any diagnostic tools and was bang on correct. My son who has a cognitive impairment was very receptive to Dr. Offiah, as he took the time and had the patience to do a full exam. My husband to has no complaints. Reading some of your comments I had to wonder, some say he "rushed", them and "others complained of having to wait too long" to me that is a bit of a double standard. Secondly, he is difficult to understand be considerate as he does have a heavy accent and he has always been very nice when we have asked him to repeat himself. his intelligence I do not believe any one of us can judge-he is the one with the MD degree until we are at par we can not say! Bed side manner-yes there is some room for improvement but, really we are going to see this professional not on a social call but, for health care service. We would recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][196382].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

I see Dr Offiah regularly for a number of complex health issues. I find him to be very compassionate and resourceful. He is very professional and awesome with children. Great Doctor. Lucky to have found him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][196381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

After waiting 2hrs to be seen (was not a walk in, had made an appointment)I was finally able to see Dr. Offiah. I was seeing him for the first time and because I was in an MVA. At first, I didn't mind him, he poked and prodded but didn't ask very many questions. Eventually, I openly told him details that I found important and he seemed uninterested. He printed off some stretches for me to do and prescriptions to take but didn't elaborate on what they were or even when I should take them. THEN a woman, who I presume was his wife, opens the door a crack and starts to talk to him, not a big deal. UNTIL they start arguing and he is being openly rude with her. It was incredibly awkward and he didn't even bother to apologize. After the appointment, he got up and walked out without so much as a goodbye. I had to find my own way out. My boyfriend saw him later that day for the same reason and similar/worse symptoms. He said Dr.Offiah could've cared less. My description, UNPROFESSIONAL.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][196380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

I book a 9 am appointment because I have a small child and don't want to have to wait to get in. I am here on time every time. Dr. Offiah has eat to be less than half an hour late. No apology for the wait time. I'm pregnant, he never remembers why I'm there. Doesn't even check what the appointment was booked for. Obviously he has more important things on his mind than his patients. I will be looking for a new family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][196379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2012

Dr. Offiah is now my family physician. I find him very helpfull and caring. If he does not know something, he will look it up. Very impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][196376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2012

He doesn't rush and was very thorough with our concerns. He is gentle with children and was working even on the day his child was born!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][196378].votes_count ]]