Rate Dr. Alain Marleau

Dr. Alain Marleau's Ratings

I didn't have Dr Marleau as my OBGYN only because I didn't know about him until I went in for my scheduled c-section and couldn't have my doctor do the c-section as she was off that day. I ended up lucky enough to have Dr Marleau as my doctor that day. I must say, Montfort hospital was WAYYYYYYY too busy that day and my c-section that was planned for 10am ended up being pushed to 6pm. I was not too impressed with my stay at that hospital but that's another story. Anyways, I was one of the lucky ones that day to still be able to have my baby girl as this was going to be my 3rd c-section, he didn't want to send me back home in case I went into labour over the long weekend. I was a little nervous having a doctor I didn't know do my C-Section as my last 2 were with Dr Wolfish however she no longer does them. Dr. Marleau made me feel comfortable and put me at ease through the whole time. He even made me feel even better when he said he got most of his training from Dr Wolfish! I was surprised and happy to hear that. It's always nerve racking putting so much trust in someone you don't know but knowing he was trained by someone I trusted, reassured me that he knew what he was doing. He was funny, caring and informative. I would definitely recommend him after my experience and will be calling him as my next doctor for my 5th munchkin! :) I've selected those ratings based on Dr Marleau solely not on Montfort Hospital as the ratings would have been different for them and I can't give him anything bad for punctuality as there were emergencies that cannot be controlled.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

I see all these glowing remarks for Dr. M as an obstetrician. My experiences are with him as a gynaecologist. I asked my GP for a referral to a gyno in August 2013; Dr. M's office called me in March 2014 with info for an appointment the following week. Luckily I was able to go, but that's not always the case as I am busy with projects and travel for work.
During that visit in March, the doctor said he would get me an appointment with another specialist. I have yet to get any such referral and was told today it would be a while longer as they're "still looking". :(
After that visit, my condition for which I was originally referred to Dr. M recurred. I tried desperately to see the doctor again, but appointment after appointment was rescheduled and finally cancelled. I was told to go to emerg if it was bad. I went back to my GP who gave me a prescription to help in the short term. Dr. M's office called me about an ultrasound appointment a few months later. When the results came back, my GP asked to see me to discuss. My GP said he didn't want to give me any advice as I should speak with Dr. M. I had to wait several more months to finally get an appointment to see Dr. M a second time.
During the appointment today November 2014), nine months after the first appointment and almost a year and a half after my GP first requested the referral , Dr. M clearly explained the situation and options and answered all my questions. Unfortunately, I had a negative reaction during the in-office procedure that we agreed to do.
I have to go back and see Dr. M in six weeks...hoping that appointment won't be rescheduled upteen times.
The doctor himself seems great; however, it's been such a hassle to actually get in to see him that is my biggest beef. Appointments getting rescheduled multiple times because obstetrician issues seem to take precedence over gynaecological issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634593].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

best doctor, would highly recommend him to anyone !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Exceptional Dr, professional, attentive and caring, he answers all the questions, super patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Dr. Marleau was my Obstetrician during my pregnancy for my daughter who was born in October. My husband and I were very happy that he happened to also be on-call the night I had my daughter, especially since I ended up having an unanticipated C-section. Dr. Marleau is a wonderful doctor - very kind, calm, and patient. Takes the time to answer any and all questions. I felt in good hands in his care, especially as I was being wheeled into surgery. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an OB, despite being a bit dissapointed with the care I received from the nurses at the Montfort. His office staff are great, too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][197331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

I was referred to Dr.Marleau due to an abnormal pap. This resulted in several colposcopies and a LEEP procedure. Having a family history of cervical cancer, I really appreciated how his focus was as much on making sure I was comfortable as it was making sure I was healthy. His nurse at Asclepios is a sweetheart as well. This team is a perfect example of what medical care should be!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][197330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2013

Dr. Marleau is one of the most approachable, caring doctors I have ever met. He never makes you feel as though you are wasting his time, regardless of how many questions you have. He has wonderful bedside manners and has an absolutely fantastic sense of humour. He is very professional, knowledgeable and kind. He remembers pertinent information on his patients and makes a point of being on time for his appointments. My husband and I are so lucky to have had him as a doctor for my first pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][197329].votes_count ]]