Dr. David E. Nelson

5 1 1.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. David E. Nelson

Dr. David E. Nelson's Ratings

Have known Dr Nelson for years, He was a conciensous good doctor until he married his current wife, She put an immediate end to any of the work he did to help people who couldnt afford it. She is rude to everyone and when I left after years of seeing Dr. Nelson she claimed my records were lost. My husband saw him as well. All of his crowns done in that last year after the wife started making all the rules along with any other restorative work had to be replaced. He needs to get her out of the business if he expects to keep practicing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2823705].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

The Alaska Dental Board disciplined David E DDS, (AK License # 11894) due to numerous complaint made stating he violated standard of care. His wife, Luanne, was the office manager and was rumored to be under investigation by the . The nature of the complaints was "violation of standard of care." NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The dentist violated the standard of care. ACTION TAKEN: The Alaska Board of Dental Examiners has disciplined the dentist due to related cases.
State: Alaska

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2681594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

I represent Dr. David Nelson in connection with a bizarre series of events that occurred in the small town of Homer here in my home of Alaska. Those events are selectively portrayed by the author of a comment made on this page, Mr. Peter Fineo of Homer, who is a past patient of Dr. Nelson. Mr. Fineo has made a number of such outrageous posts online, though he will not do so when his name has to be revealed.

Homer is a place of 5000 people largely known for its idiosyncrasies and provincialism. The biggest parts of the local economy are fishing and tourism for fishing.
When a rumor mill went viral about one year ago Dr. Nelson found himself facing a long list of distorted claims from Homer residents driven by the fever and the urge to not be responsible for paying for one’s past dental care. Mr. Fineo’s motives are the same.
Fineo is at the center of this effort led by Dr. William Marley of Homer, someone who deeply resented the way Dr. Nelson’s practice grew to prominence with his advanced techniques and friendly approach to patients.

What Mr. Fineo does not tell you in his comment is Dr. Nelson has never been found by any official authority in Alaska or in Wisconsin to have been deficient in the practice of dentistry in any way. Mr. Fineo still certainly benefits from the fine implant work done for him that he never paid for in full. Fineo’s wild allegation made to the Alaska Board of Dentistry never saw the light of day.

I have investigated this case and decided to advise Dr. Nelson to file a libel suit against Mr. Fineo and another former patient for the untrue, damaging allegations being made against him. The case has been filed in court. Anchorage Superior Court, 3AN-14-8944ci.
Feel free to contact me concerning this, Stephen Merrill, Attorney, 907-771-9900.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2658881].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

Worst office manager ever. Ten found out it was his wife. Asked for my records got the 3rd degree was told that when they bought the business from Dr. Cordova thy also bought the clients. I don't think so!!!! I also got to read the rudest letter ever from her to another person chastising them for not coming in for their dental work. She needs to go to school to learn customer service. He might be an okay dentist but several people I know won't go because of her. I know I never would.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Under pressure from multiple investigations of substandard dental care David Eugene Nelson dds of Homer, Alaska has offered to surrender his license to practice dentistry. The Alaska Dental Board accepted his surrender on January 22, 2014. Dr. Nelson can no longer work as a dentist in Alaska. David E. Nelson DDS has opened a new dental office in Wisconsin where he has maintained his old license. He is treating patients at a strip mall located at 6900 W Brown Deer Rd, Milwaukee, WI (414) 355-5502. RATEMDS.COM should be congratulated for allowing Dr Nelson's patients the opportunity to share their experiences. Their site contributed materially in removing this dentist from Alaska. The fate of his Wisconsin patients will only be known in time. Perhaps they will find this website and let us know what kind of dental treatment they received from this dentist. Lets hope he learned his lesson and doesn't continue to provide substandard treatment.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][197733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2014

I went to Dr. Nelson's office and he was accommodating. The problem was his wife. When I arrived we were told private information about another patient (wife did this) and that they still owed money ($300). I was then consulted and asked for a flat fee for the services. Sat down and was told an amount of $2500. Wife got involved again and after paying the amount, it increased 850.00 before we could leave. To Dr. Nelson's credit the funds were returned, but then the $300.00 that was owed by a different family member became $2,000. Dr. Nelson requires the entire payment in advance and then bill's the health care provider, this creates a situation where the healthcare provider and the patient are billed substantially more. Another Dentist handled it with an easier to understand amount of the estimated payment upfront and then did the work and it was only 13.00 more than what he said. He did a good job and did not disclose information about anyone else's records.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][197723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Though I am not leaving this comment directly following a procedure received at the office,I will say, I never even made it that far. I was extremely rudely and inappropriately turned away at the door due to a medicated and healed staph infection. I was told I was a threat to the health, safety, and welfare of everyone there. The dentist, receptionist, and wife all sat me down and told me I had to leave or would be escorted out and I had to go strait to the ER if they were to help me in any way (despite the fact I had already seen docotrs and been on antibiotics for several weeks). My parents have also endured the insurance fraud at Dr Nelson's office, they were denied a right to see their bill, insurance was over charged by several hunred dollars for procedures that weren't done, and they attemted to collect full payment though insurance had already covered it. WORST denitist in Homer, and believe me, I do not say it lightly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][197730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2013

Did implants...implants fell out. Told me he quaranteed his work but so far he has not refunded me and when I called him about the refund he said he would return my call but so far he has not called me back to resolve the matter. Had to pay another dentist to fix my problem and he confirmed my problems with this dentist. After I had the problems I looked on the internet and found that he also had poor ratings in Wisconson...the sate that he came from.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][197722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2012

I can only echo what others here have written about the office manager/wife who handles the insurance billing. She refused to bill the insurance company, demanded payment before she would let me see a copy of my bill, denied receiving payments that I know my insurance company paid and was the rudest, most infuriating person I have encountered in years. I have tried unsuccessfully to sort things out for months. I will be calling the state dental investigator first thing in the morning. 907-269-7189

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][197729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

I have a unhealthy fear of visiting dentists. His front staff were very helpful and accomodating. The techs were friendly and well trained. The doctor was open and would discuss anything. I have had extreactions in the past that, because of my root structure, were nightmares. His proceedure was quick, mostly painless, and I had little need of the pain meds. First class service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][197721].votes_count ]]