Rate Dr. Leon T. Watkins

Dr. Leon T. Watkins's Ratings

When visiting this office I had an amazing experience! The staff was so sweet, helpful, and understanding. I was put into a room pretty quickly and had a few tests run. I love how I was not sent to another doctor for tests also.. Dr. Watkins was very helpful and got straight to the point of what was going on with my feet. I deff recommend Dr. Watkins and even Dr. Maria to anyone having foot problems!

Submitted Sept. 9, 2014 | flag

Loved the office staff and Dr. Watkins. I was able to schedule my appointment later in the day so i did not have to miss to much work. My paperwork was emailed to me and after completion I emailed it back. When I walked in to my appointment all I had to do was show my insurance card and ID. Dr. Watkins recommended a series of injections for my heel pain, 4 to be exact. After the 3rd I was pain free, it has been 6 months and still no pain!!

Submitted Sept. 9, 2014 | flag

The staff was very warm and personable. The X-ray tech Chelsey, had me laughing the whole time I was with her. Dr. Watkins was extremely friendly and professional. He explained all the steps I would go through in my up coming surgery and listened to other concerns I had. Definitely calmed my nerves. Easy on the eyes also!

Submitted May 7, 2014 | flag

I have been with Dr. Watkins since soon after he opened his practice. He had an outer office and only a few exam rooms. I have RA and other autoimmune diseases and he helped me out when no one else believed there was nothing that could be done to make walking more comfortable. Without his help I would not be able to walk today. He is always up on the latest procedures and treatments and does everything he can to make me comfortable. He is very sympathetic and shows great empathy towards his patients, as does his staff. The only reason I am going to a new doctor is because I have moved out of the area. If that were the not the case I would still be going to him. I am going to miss him and his staff. I have always been treated like a VIP, and I am sure his other patients are treated the same.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2013 | flag

This doctor is awesome. He explains everything that he is going to do and gives many options for treatment. The staff go above and beyond to make your visit as comfortable and as nice as possible.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2013 | flag

I adore Dr Watkins! He is an intellectual man that is extremely genuine and humble man!! I really enjoyed his nurse jennifer and receptionist courtney. They were very sweet and professional. Courtney really helped me with explaining my insurance breakdown. She also kept me up to date daily on some authorization i needed from my insurance for my mri. I will without a doubt be back and recommend him to every one I know.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2012 | flag

I am very shocked to see negative reviews listed for Dr. Watkins. In response to a review listed here that questioned the testing performed by Dr. Watkins, I'd like to say that I'm thankful for the thorough evaluation that was performed on my feet as a more serious circulatory issue was found and corrected due to the additional testing when I simply went in for nail fungus. Dr. Watkins is truly an amazing podiatrist. I've been a patient for several years and the wait time has gotten significantly better over the years, but honestly, I don't mind waiting as I know he's the best podiatrist in NOLA.

Submitted May 1, 2012 | flag

Dr. Watkins and the whole staff are wonderful. I have had more than one surgery and had no problems. He and his staff really care, and make your visits enjoyable. Everyone there is very friendly and caring.

Submitted April 4, 2012 | flag

His staff is friendly. I wish I could say the same for Dr. Watkins. I been to his office a few times. I waited almost 2 hours to see him. He was in and out in less than 5 minutes. I came to him for heel pain. However, he ordered a nerve test and some vascular test performed on me. Why do I need that? I feel used by this doctor. I am never going back there. Don't waste your money!

Submitted May 4, 2011 | flag

People at the front desk were very nice, however the xray technician was cold, unfriendly, Dr spent 5 minutes with me, and said I needed surgery without explaining why. Spoke with colleagues at work and discovered that he had botched someone's foot surgery the summer before.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2010 | flag