Rate Dr. Bruce Symons

Dr. Bruce Symons's Ratings

Dr. Bruce is helpful, knowledgeable and is deeply committed to his patients. I am hyper-flexible and struggled to find a chiropractor who could help me, until I found Dr. Bruce! I have been seeing him for 7 years now - even though I have moved twice I still continue to go out of my way to see him. Dr. Bruce is a fantastic Chiropractor who genuinely cares about his patients. He is honest and always has a patient's best interest at heart - I recommend him to everyone I know :-)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2624925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Amazing ! I felt so much better after seeing. Dr Bruce .. I would Definetly go back

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2603233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2014

After 8 visits with him I still feel zero change. He told me he'd get me in for an x-ray after 5 appointments, but that never happened. Also, he continues to perform the same treatment, but tells me that the next time he wants to try something different because what he is doing doesn't seem to be helping. I don't like it and neither does my bank account

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2561715].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Dr. Bruce Symons's response
I would like to thank this individual for posting this helpful review, because he or she brings up several important points. First, X-rays should be used as a diagnostic aid, never as a marketing tool. Your chiropractor should evaluate the benefit of obtaining an X-ray versus the risk of it causing cancer and then obtain your consent. A small proportion of chiropractors will get an X-ray on the first visit, then point out many things wrong on the second visit, and try to sell you a package of visits. Be wary of these clinics. Also, if a patient needs an X-ray, why would any doctor make them wait 5 visits? In my 17 years in practice I have never promised anyone an X-ray in a set number of visits; if an X-ray is diagnostically appropriate I would refer them out immediately. Therefore, I would question whether this post is from a bona fide patient.

Second, if a condition has been chronic, it is normal for it to take several visits to achieve an observable response. More than six visits with no change is unusual, and you (as a consumer of health-care and your own advocate) should be alert for that. The reason for the lack of an immediate physical response is because chiropractic is natural, conservative and non-invasive health-care. Like a splint for a broken bone, we realign the joints, but it is your body that does the actual healing. Since everyone heals at their own speed, you need to be patient with your body as it works to restore itself.

Third, most chiropractors typically perform a similar treatment on the same patient over several visits. The reason for this is simple: the same problem has persisted, so the treatment is the same. Have you ever noticed that when you throw your back or neck out, it's usually the same spot that goes out? Repetitive sprains on any joint (like your ankle) will weaken the soft tissues supporting it, and therefore it becomes the "weak link" in the chain. That is why chiropractors perform a similar treatment each time on the same person - it is the same problem recurring. If you go see your chiropractor with your family or friends, you will notice that he or she performs different treatments on different people, but for the same individual, it is typically the same treatment for the same problem. And unlike computers or cars, the human spine hasn't changed much over the past century, so our treatment also hasn't changed that much.

Finally, we direct-bill most insurance companies, WCB and car accident insurance companies on your behalf. Most of the patients under our care do not experience any financial hardship, and we do have special rates for seniors, students, etc. It has been one of our mission statements that nobody should be denied health-care for financial reasons. Thus, we have always treated every patient respectfully, even to the point of paying their transit costs to come for a free visit. So once again I would question the validity of this post.

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to respond to this comment.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Bruce for over 10 years. He has always been helpfull and his staff wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

I've recently started going to Sundance Chiropractic & Wellness, and have already had enough visits to know they have definitely made a new loyal client in me.

I have had both Chiro and Massage services here and both were amazing! The owner (Dr. Bruce) and his staff are all so great at what they do, they really know their stuff and are happy to educate you along the way. As an added bonus they are the nicest, friendliest people and you genuinely want to return to their clinic. The reception staff is always friendly and accommodating and will direct bill your insurance company seamlessly without skipping a beat. (Their prices are competitive too and have had 100% coverage by my benefits every time)!

I randomly found this clinic while picking up dinner at the pizza joint next door and am so glad I gave them a call the next day.

Also bonuses, the clinic is fresh, clean, and modern, decorated nicely and has a clean bathroom. Not too "frou frou" spa like or too plain "sports medicine" clinic like.

Thanks Guys!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487671].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

Dr. Bruce creates a comfortable and friendly environment for his patients along with a good sense of humour. We have felt confident in his abilities from the first visit. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience. My wife and I have been patients at Sundance Chiropractic for two years and highly recommend the clinic and Dr. Bruce Symons as a practitioner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2474243].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

From the moment I entered the building I felt welcome and in good hands they knew what they were doing and did it very well. They were very knowledgable and willing to answer any questions I had. I have recomended this man to many of my friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][198419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Got appointment on short notice on a Saturday, instant relief with timely follow up appointments. Full explanations on treatment and questions answered clearly. I have no hesitation recommending . Staff. Courteous and efficient

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][198418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Dr Symons and his staff a very knowledgeable and always willing to help. Dr Symons has exceptional bedside manners and places my care as his number one priority when I am there. Thanks Doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][198391].votes_count ]]