Rate Dr. Sean Gills

Dr. Sean Gills's Ratings

Gave up on me when I needed help the most. Only glad to find a new psychiatrist now that is helping.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2232711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

It is refreshing to find a Dr who is easy to talk to, genuine in his care, and experienced enough to make a difference to the quality of your life. He really is one of the best Dr's in his field. I couldn't recommend him highly enough to anyone willing to commit to therapy with an open mind and accept guidance in this very difficult specialty.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][198743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

One of the worst psychiatrists my family member has been under. Always running at least 30 to 60 minutes late. Took no interest in escalating crisis situation I was leaving urgent messages about. If I followed his Assistant's advice, more than likely I would have ended up in worse danger with my family member. Impossible to communicate with Gills directly if you are a relative and / or Carer of his patient. Best his rooms offered after making multiple desperate pleas for help was making an earlier appointment for my family member which would have been too late for them and they wouldn't have let me take them anyway. Thank God for the Public Mental Health System that is delivering what Gills lacked from the outset.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][198742].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

Dr Gills wasn't really all that helpful for me, even though I sort him out & wanted to see him. He only saw me two visits and passed me onto another psych that could better handle my needs and problems to do with suffering chronic suicidal feelings all the time. I thought he could have been more helpful and a team player with my other treatment that I was seeking but when I had attempted, he was of no use and pasted me onto someone else without care. At least he was honest in saying he wasn't the right doctor for me and that he couldn't help me. It did leave me in a bad situation, as I was in urgent need of seeing a doctor and having to wait to see my new psych after waiting like 6 weeks, to see him in the first place. I thought he would have been skilled in this area more and able to help and assist me. I do feel he is better with the easier patients and is a lovely fellow, shame it just didn't work out for me and my issues!! He is very thorough on background & sorting the drugs out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][198741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2012

I have had Dr Gills as my psychiatrist for many years. I have seen quite a few doctors and could never trust or connect with them. Dr Gills has always gone above and beyond to help me recover and stay well. Dr Gills receptionist is very warm and welcoming and overall my experience with Dr Gills has been very positive and I would recomend him very highly to any one that needs a very dedicated and helpful psychiatrist

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][198740].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Well were do I start, I have found Sean easily one of the easiest to chat with and work along side with - with regard to treatment. He was referred to me via TDU @ BPH and can I say it was night in my life when I was referred and now live in DAY. I have seen other Dr's but Sean is the first Male Dr and I have found his ethic and manner refreshing - it seems if I do have an issue we are able to chat openly and unedited. And at session time sometimes might even get to unravel and finally being able to do this has helped me no end. . As for Staff they are wonderful and are always in agreement reg any comments that I may make

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][198739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

very helpful & understanding doctor ,very gtood understanding of his pacents

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][198738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2012

He out of the blue with no warning said he could no longer help me. He did not work out a treatment plan for me in consulation with me and no goals were set.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][198745].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2012

Dr Gills is the worst psychiatrist I have seen, hands down. He includes non-medical staff in his sessions, is invalidating and glib, and is obsessed with the diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder to the exclusion of all other mental illnesses. Whilst in a PTSD-induced suicidal crisis he told me to leave the hospital and go home, because 'Borderlines' could not be treated. In addition, he professed to think that well-validated therapies like CBT and DBT were 'fads', refused to recommend medication for me to try, and insisted on psychoanalytic therapy for me, despite the fact that said therapy is not a validated treatment for my illness. He also told me that my rape history was my fault because I was 'acting irresponsibly', and refused to refer me to the hospital trauma unit because he insisted I did not have PTSD. Being in his care was a damaging experience that I am still recovering from, and I have heard his other ex-patients express similar sentiment. Stay away at all costs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][198744].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2012

Dr Gills has been my Dr for several years and I have found him to be extremely professional in all my dealing with him. His secretary and practice manager have always been very pleasant and helpful and support him in offering a first class service. My condition is quite complex and the knowledge that Dr Gills has displayed has been of the highest level, so the comment about inexperience is surprisingly inaccurate. I have had several hospital admissions and have only ever heard positive comments from nurses and patients. All of my appointments have been conducted with just Dr Gills and myself present and I have never been concerned about confidentiality and I trust him without reservation. I have found Dr Gills to be caring and dedicated and I am so grateful to him, as my life prior to treatment was extremely difficult, due to the complexity of my disorder. I can't recommend Dr Gills highly enough as he has made such a difference to the quality of my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][198737].votes_count ]]