Rate Dr. Shefali N. Patel-Shusterman

Dr. Shefali N. Patel-Shusterman's Ratings

I was searching for a new OB/GYN, my previous one retired. I came across Dr. Patel's name at RateMDS.com. I was very pleased with the office visit, she explained everything in detail and she is very thorough. In the process of testing, and she leaves no stone unturned...

Submitted Feb. 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. Patel is the most caring and knowledgeable GYN doctor I ever had. I started seeing her about three years ago. I was experiencing heavy bleeding that was affecting my personal,work and social life. I also had chronic anemia due to the heavy bleeding. She provided me with informed options after running a series of tests to evaluate my condition. I opted for the endometrial ablation. It required same day surgery and anesthesia, but it was all worth it! I had the surgery in 2012 and it has been life saving. The heavy bleeding stopped and I'm no longer anemic. I'm able to go about my everyday tasks without feeling sick or concerned. I will always be grateful to Dr.Patel for her medical advice and great care!

Submitted Feb. 3, 2014 | flag

We had a very bad experience with her. 1) There is always waiting 2) She is always in a hurry to send patients off 3) And the most important part.. we went there for my wife's usual check-ups during pregnancy. She insisted on multiple scans citing some irregularity in baby developments (which was untrue after we went to other doc) and charged us heavily. Also PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SHE DOES NOT DELIVER BABIES. Agreed that we should have asked her and not assumed, but as a professional she should have told us that in first visit. She DID NOT. And after all these heavy charges (after 2 months of checkup) she tells us that she does not deliver and we have to find another doctor. Really!! And above that she pretended to have already said that earlier. Lessons learnt. First thing you should ask is if the doctor does deliver baby. And never ever go to her.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2014 | flag

When I first met Dr. Patel-Shusterman I was already settled into a practice that I was content with. However, after the delivery of my two babies, I developed some complications that my OBGYN missed. I reached out to Dr. Patel and scheduled an appointment. Right away, it was clear I made the right decision. She sat before me and listened to my physical complaints. She stopped time and really listened (and heard) me. Immediately she took me into the next room for an ultrasound (something I'd been asking my other MD for) and diagnosed me, discussed options, ordered blood work and scheduled a procedure that would correct the imbalance my body was experiencing. The procedure went very smoothly and Dr. Patel reached out to me, personally, several times before and after to discuss detailed information about what to expect as well as to ask how I was feeling. She is passionate, has genuine concern for the well being of her patients and is EXCELLENT at her job. You'll be in good hands!

Submitted Dec. 31, 2013 | flag

Dr. Shefali Patel made me feel very comfortable and welcome. She was so sweet to me throughout my exam and was even asking me questions along the way in order to ease my tension. This was my first time at this office so I was a tad nervous. I would recommend her & come again.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

Dr. Patel-Shusterman is wonderful and I recommend her highly. I found her when my job changed insurances and I'm so glad I did! She was able to remove my ovarian cyst with a Laparoscopic surgical procedure (my former doctor wanted to cut me open again the old fashioned way so recovery would have been 2 months). That was one year ago and I've felt great since. I have had many procedures over the years, but this one healed quickly and within 2 weeks I was on vacation and keeping up with my family at the beach. Dr. Patel-Shusterman treats you with the kindness of an old friend and at the same time she maintains professionalism and confidence so she puts you at ease. Also, her knowledge and practices are current so with all that going for her you can't help but feel completely confident under her care.

Submitted July 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Patel is the best. As all the other comments already said, she really listens to her patients and gives them her full time and undivided attention. Wouldn't go to any other gyno.

Submitted July 8, 2013 | flag

Dr Patel was amazing. I came to her for a second opinion when I was told I needed surgery for an ovarian cyst. She reviewed my results in detail and answered all my questions about the surgery. I decided to have my surgery with her and she was incredible. From talking to me in the pre-op area, to holding my hand as i fell asleep, to speaking with my family after, and calling me personally the next day - she went above and beyond. She is a very skilled surgeon and a compassionate doctor. I feel great, my incisions healed beautifully, and I have a new gyn for life!!!

Submitted May 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Patel is awesome! She always listens and can give good advice on how to handle my problems. She responds to messages sent via her website and she offers recommendations to other specialists with no hesitation. She is AWESOME! Very personable, helpful, and I am lucky to have finally found a good GYN!

Submitted Feb. 5, 2013 | flag

Dr Patel is by far the best doctor I have visited. Going to the gyno is never fun, and she actually made me feel super comfortable. She took her time with me, answered all of my questions and concerns, and even gave me additional information on unrelated health issues. Zero wait time, aside from the 5 min it took for me to fill out my forms. And she called in my prescription ahead of time so that by the time I got to the pharmacy my order was ready. I would definitely recommend her to a friend.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2013 | flag