Dr. Justin Pik

Rate Dr. Justin Pik

Dr. Justin Pik's Ratings

Was extremely impressed with his honesty, compassion and dedication to finding the best solution. A star!

Submitted July 20, 2014 | flag

Dr Pik operated on my father, who had a glioblastoma. Dr Pik became a source of inspiration for our family, his manner while some might feel is direct, was exactly what we needed to hear when our emotions were running so high.My fathers operation was a complete success and although he was initially diagnosed 6 to 12 months to live he lived for 4 years and saw 6 grandkids born in that time.Dr Pik who generally refuses to operate a 2nd time so invasively (not many survive long enough)offered a chance for a 2nd operation.In the pre-op preparation a nurse noticed he was walking funny, Dr Pik did a reassessment only a day before he was to have the operation and thatthe tumour had progressed beyond any benefit of removing it. The assessment heart breaking for us (we were present) it was clearly the right decision. My father was able to pass away on his own terms in the peace of our home. We will always thankful for Dr Pik. A true professional and someone we hold dear in our family.

Submitted June 19, 2014 | flag

I felt he was more interested in my money than my health. He did seem knowledgable but no bedside manner and spent as little time as possible with me. No exam performed and his nurse took the history not him. The communication between staff was poor with errors made with booking my appointments. I am changing surgeons!

Submitted June 19, 2014 | flag

His practise nurse came in first with a questionnaire which she went through with me. He than came in and explained the result of my MRI and showed me on the film. Once he had his diagnosis he did not consider additional factors. I would have appreciated more time and information than he gave. I felt he gave the bare minimum. Sometime the patient doesn't know exactly what to ask and they need more information to inspire questions. I would still see him again and I would like a bit better connection.

Submitted March 27, 2014 | flag

Without going into too much detail, Dr Pik provided an excellent service and I could not fault anything.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2013 | flag

Thank you Justin, you restored my faith in doctors after many years of pain and bad bed side manners,I found you.Precise, to the point, and a solution,Finally no pain.thank you, and your staff who were amazing in every meeting wish i was a doctor i would steel them . PLEASE don't ever change your profession and let me know if ever you leave Australia . God bless you all Thank you once again Edward Richardson Canberra A.C.T.Australia

Submitted July 5, 2013 | flag

Wow, how lucky we are could have Dr. Pik work in Canberra! Recently he performed lumbar spinal fusion on my 82 years old mother and the result was excellent. Dr. Pik not only a best neurosurgeon in ACT but also is a nice caring person. After operation, he came to see my moth every day, talk to her , takes her for a walk. When my mother has problem Dr. Pik even made a special trip to the hospital to see her and talk to her. I don't think we can ask any better doctor than Dr. Pik. Also all the staff in Dr. Pik's office are very nice. Totally recommend Dr. Pik to anyone in need.

Submitted June 8, 2013 | flag

The best neurosurgeon in possibly Australia. I went to Sydney for a second opinion for my brain tumour and the Dr asked who I was seeing in Canberra. I said Justin Pik... he said if I had what you have I would be leaving Sydney and also seeing Justin. He actually trained under me and he was performing surgery that nobody else at that stage in their career had yet done.Rachael who runs the office is also just as good as Justin !

Submitted June 16, 2012 | flag

Dr Pik is the most kind, helpful, knowledgeable and understanding doctor I have ever seen. He performed my surgery five months ago and I will be forever grateful for his service. I found him to caring and compassionate and willing to answer my many questions. All calls were returned. His staff extend his wonderful service.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2011 | flag