Rate Dr. Lynn Westphal

Dr. Lynn Westphal's Ratings

If you are looking for a doctor that will be open, honest and direct then do not waste your time and money on Dr, westphal. Apparently, she as well as the review board at Stanford Reproductive Center think it was not negligent of doctor Westphal to transfer all 5 of my embryos on 3 seperate occasions with the knowledge that the fluid she aspirated was a possible hydro which is fluid that is toxic to an embryo. If you do see doctor westphal and something comes up, like fluid in your uterus cavity, don't bother asking what it is and if its safe, do the research yourself because you will not get accurate information from this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][702368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2012

Dr. Westphal treated me like a number not a patient. She did not provide me with the information that could have prevented me from losing 6 perfect embryos. Had she told me that the fluid that she aspirated from my uterus was toxic to my embryos I would not have moved forward with the one fresh and two frozen embryo transfers until after I repaired the issue. Dr. Milki did note in my medical records a possible hydro but neither he nor Westphal advised me of this to allow me to decide how to move forward with my insurance benefit. I do not recommend Dr. Westphal, Dr. Milki or care at Stanford Fertility Center, for some reason they do not want to take responisibility for their lack of quality care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][702366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2012

Though we got our first IVf success here, we are not much impressed with Westphal. We would recommend Dr.Milki. For our cycle, he covered her duty couple of times..He is very friendly and provides some useful tips without you having to start the conversation..Its like a factory where everyone is busy. All doctors are busy. if you choose Stanford, go with Dr.Milki

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][702365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2010

I would highly recommend Dr. Lynn Westphal. She really knows what she is doing and you can certainly trust her opinion. She is more than happy to answer any and all questions that you may have regarding the processes and procedures. Dr Lynn Westphal is certainly not one of those doctors who keeps repeating the same process expecting a different result. She is definitely looking after your best interests. From my experience to date, I am very happy that Dr Lynn Westphal is my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][702364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2010

I had IVF procedure with unsuccessful results.Dr westphal has no emotions for her patients.On the day of embryo transplant she came to the exam room in very hurry did her job and left, no emotions for the patient and also they ask me to leave from there in 15min. I have no idea how the embryo will get implant in so less time and then I have to travel for one hour to my home. She never call me for symphathy after my negative test results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][702363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Never spoke to my husband. Addressed all answers to me even if he asked the question. Minimum wait was 20 minutes

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][702362].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2010

Dr. Westphal was at every single appointment with me during my IVF. Every teaching moment was presented to me ahead of time for my approval. Dr. W even came in at 9 a.m. on a Sunday to personally perform an ultrasound when I had bleeding at eight weeks. Without her I woudln't have my daughter and I am forever grateful. Muvh better than Northwestern in Chicago.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][702361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Two words: TEACHING HOSPITAL. Expect total strangers (MEN!) to come into the room and be present during your intimate physical exams, IUI/ IVF procedures, and with no explanation or introduction whatsoever. We had interns and residents and REI fellows throughout our IUI cycle, which I didn't realize at the time how incompetent they were (first visit they couldn't find my ovaries and thought I had only ONE!). They never monitored my blood E2 (estrogen) level, which is CRITICAL to knowing how the follicles are developing and their maturity before an IUI / IVF. We finally demanded to have the lead MD, Lynn Westphal, on the day of our IUI, getting tired of the REI fellows who couldn't read the ultrasound to save their life. She walked in, announced to the (unintroduced) man who accompanied her that this "wouldn't work" and "low single digits chance she'll get pregnant" while I laid NAKED on the table WAITING to be inseminated. HUMILIATING.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][702367].votes_count ]]