Dr. Dana Soroka

Rate Dr. Dana Soroka

Dr. Dana Soroka's Ratings

I love her. She is the best doctor ever. Yes, she is super busy but the reason why she doesn't give you too much time is because probably you dont need it. She is to the point but when needed there for you and really takes care of you.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

Very polite and professional - no complaints. its a busy practise who you will get a sense of people being busy. But Dr Soroka is clearly very skilled and being so specialized I would not want to go any where else. As for the comments about her clothing in other reviews, please, would you want to wear your best dress working in obs/gyn think not. I want someone with skills not the latest fashion.

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

I read reviews before going into my appointment and must say I was rather apprehensive. While I waited well over an hour past my appointment time, I was very happy with her advice. I believe she read me pretty quickly, and after she walked me through the "do's and don'ts" of pregnancy I didn't have a single question. I found her to be a breath of fresh air in the overwhelming (faulty) advice I have received so far when it comes to pregnancy. She's very no-nonsense and to the point - which is exactly what I hope for in a doctor.

Submitted June 25, 2014 | flag

First couple of appointments she was good but ask her a question & her back goes against the wall. thereafter very rude, does not look at you when she talks & one foot out the door. Stuck with her no choice since specialist so hard to get in ontario

Submitted May 3, 2014 | flag

I like Dr Soroka. I am seeing her on a relatively regular basis (3x per year). She is knowledgeable and generous.

Submitted April 8, 2014 | flag

I had my first OB appointment with Dr. Soroka and I must say that I really really liked her! She doesn't sugar coat anything and tells you as it is and I really appreciated that. Dont go by the negative feed back that people have posted on her. She is really a down to earth doctor and did not rush me and asked me many times if I had any questions. This is my first pregnancy so I was ofcourse scared after reading all the negative commments on here but after meeting with her I am put at ease!

Submitted Feb. 26, 2014 | flag

HORRIBLE DOCTOR. SWITCH the minute you get her, you will thank me later!!!! She always has one foot out the door, has an unkempt vibe (as well as appearance) which to me clearly indicated that she was not organized. Generally speaking, people who are professional tend to take some sort of pride in their appearance as well because they want to be seen as such. I had an instinct when I first got her that I would not like her, but gave her the benefit of the doubt for a few visits before voicing concerns. During those months, I felt rushed (she never sits down to talk to you, she's always standing and makes NO notes), makes mistakes all the time even in appointment bookings, doesn't seem to be very knowledgeable when you ask her basic questions and has an air of someone who enjoys passing the buck and responsibility onto others. That wonderful nurse who is there is the one I trusted the most in our interactions.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2014 | flag

Dr Soroka is my OB. She has all the time in the world for me and for my questions, etc. If there are not questions/issues our appts are brief (which is what they should be). She is very down to earth and straightforward. She gives you the facts, but is also reassuring. She has always been friendly and encouraging, and takes the common sense approach to all the "data and information" that we find ourselves fixated on. Her specialization in urology, and women's issues after birth makes me trust her.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2013 | flag

Patronizing. Disrespectful Treated as a generality as opposed to having specific needs (as every individual does). Made presumptions as to how I was feeling and my ability to handle specific situations, though she had know way of knowing the pain and physical limitations I was experiencing because of my medical condition. Did not offer a plan other than a specific medication. Was not offered a follow-up visit and when I made an appointment with continued problems, she was unwelcoming and dismissive

Submitted Oct. 5, 2013 | flag

I was a bit worried after reading other reviews, but hey, I found her to be a genuine and compassionate person. I like honesty in a doctor, I don’t care about niceties – I want an honest straight forward doctor who gives me the facts in way that is understandable and a care plan I can manage. It turned out she had a good bedside manner and dealt with a sensitive subject with great respect and integrity. I have no problems suggesting her to others. Her secretary is probably over worked as you get put on hold a while, but that is typical of any doctor surgery today. The staff she works with are professional in attitude so no complaints.

Submitted July 29, 2013 | flag