Dr. John Sinclair

Rate Dr. John Sinclair

Dr. John Sinclair's Ratings

Great doctor, very humble and resourceful. His approche is very humanist and has a gift of putting you at ease very rapidely. Thanks for everything!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

I have been waiting almost 1 year to see this Doctor. He might be good but the longer I wait the more I talk myself out of the operation. This is not a fair rating due to the fact I have not met anyone in his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

He and his team saved my life in 2011. I was diagnosed with having an Acoustic Neuroma (benign tumour in the ear canal). Because of how quickly it was growing, it needed to be taken care of sooner rather than later. Dr. Sinclair & his team administered Cyberknife. It cut off the blood supply to my tumour, killing it in its tracks. Thank you Dr. Sinclair!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

In 2012, I was suffering horrible headaches. I never get headaches. It started during Christmas of 2011. By April, the headaches were every day all day. My only reprieve was when I went to bed. I went to the Queensway Carleton hospital in Ottawa, to emergency, on April 16 2012. 8 hours later, after tests and some fluids, I was given a CT scan and an MRI. I was diagnosed with a choroid plexus pappiloma the size of a golf ball. I was admitted to the Civic hospital where Dr. Sinclair was my surgeon. My surgery was scheduled for the wednesday (April 18th, I believe). The other doctor's that worked with him lacked any bedside manner but when I finally got to meet my surgeon, Mr. Sinclair, I was quite relieved as he explained what I had, where it was, what they were going to do and the urgency of it (yet without making me anxious or scared). My surgery went well and my recovery also. I had complications as I had leaking from my stitches yet Mr. Sinclair still followed me. I was readmitted for this problem and an infection 2 weeks after surgery. I had another surgery and two more procedures. Even when Mr. Sinclair is off duty, he calls in to see how his patients are doing. As a patient, we are allowed to give him a message here and there through the nurses. I find his knowledge is great, his manners and way of speaking to a patient is uplifting and clear and concise. I recommend him 100% to anyone. He is a no none sense kind of person. But anyone that can do 30 hours of surgery and still come in smiling has my vote.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Dr. John Sinclair saved my son's life when there was a 10% chance of survival. He is professional, brilliant, empathetic, conscientious and a gifted surgeon. My mother remembers him in her daily prayers, hoping that he will continue to ameliorate tragedies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][200148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

I can not think of a better NS around. I had seen another NS prior to seeing Sinclair and I am so happy I took the time to wait to see him. He can have quite the wait list but it is so worth it. He may run late for your appointment but this is only because he spends as much time as you need with him. He will answer any and all questions you may have. His bedside manner is amazing. Anytime he came to see me after surgery he spent time with me making sure I was being taken car of properly and to try and cheer me up if he heard I was having a low day. Even right before surgery he made me feel comfortable , joking and laughing with all the staff in the OR. He is my life saver and continues to do so by getting me in contact with the right specialists.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][200147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

this man is my guardian angel he saved my life. Meeting him was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I would recommend this doctor to anyone I can

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][200146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

Excellent doctor. I most appreciated that he does not rush you, listens intently, and actually sits back to wait for your questions. He treats you with respect, like you are a partner in your own healthcare. He is very knowledgable and explains everything in detail, and at my request, didn't sugar-coat anything.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][200145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Dr. Sinclair performed the resection on my father when he was diagnosed with Glioblastoma. After the surgery where he successfully removed the bulk of the tumour, he continued to follow my dad's treatment. My father's prognosis was not good and he struggled with accepting the short time he had left with us. Dr. Sinclair displayed the most humbling capacity for compassion I've ever seen in a physician. He did not try to end discussions early and listened to our tearful questions. My father always felt respected and in the face of a disease that eventually stole his ability to communicate and walk, his dignity was that much more important. My dad passed away 21 months after the onset of his cancer and Dr. Sinclair was there until the end. He was the physician who delivered the news that the cancer had returned and sat with my parents as they processed the inevitable. He is an incredible surgeon and more notably, an incredible human being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][200144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Doctor Sinclair, is amazing. I recently had a surgery of a benine meningioma tumor, everything went well. I am so blessed to have Doctor Sinclair doing this long but perfect surgery. I believe he is gifted and has been chosen by God to help so many pasients. I appreciate so much for him to have saved my life and taking good care of me. He makes sure to look after his pasience by underdtanding their background and making sure everything should be well done. Thank you so much Doctor Sinclair, you have given me so much happiness and encouragement. God bless you and amazing family. Best wishes and i look forward for our follow ups. :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][200143].votes_count ]]