You may also like

Rate Dr. Thomas B. Freeman

Dr. Thomas B. Freeman's Ratings

The doctor and his staff are thoughtful, insightful and highly compatent, I couldn't have had better care. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2761852].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Surgical skill would seem more important than staff, puctutality, helpfulness and knowledge. Dr. Freeman handled the knife superbly. He was fully successful with surgery that has only about 65% success rate. I say this after allowing a full year to pass after the surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2529226].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

I had been bent over, unable to walk or do my chores without pain for more than 2 years. I had pain in my leg, shin, middle and lower back. I was diagnosed with bulging discs and deteriorating spine. I went to therapy, chiropractors, and 3 specialists. No help. Finally I found Doctor Freeman. He was the first doctor that actually showed interest in my condition. He took the time to explain why I was hurting and what he would do about it. He linked other problems I was having to my back, which I had never realized before. He removed some bone from my spine to release trapped nerves. I woke from the operation (minimally invasive) without pain for the first time in years. Recovery was very quick and I am now planning vacations and entertaining again. You may have to submit a lot of reports before he'll see you and you may have to wait 30 minutes in his waiting room but believe me - he's worth it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2459219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

4/1/14 - spinal meningioma - Dr. Freeman and his team removed a tumor from my spinal cord. The surgery was a success. I was classified as a paraplegia because of the paralysis on my right side. It has been almost two months and I am walking, driving and performing everyday tasks. I had an MRI taken on 3/28/14 and was told I had to go to the ER immediately. I did not know the findings of the MRI until I met one of the doctor's on Dr. Freeman's team. Once I was told Dr. Freeman would be performing the surgery I researched immediately. Approximately only 2,000 people a year will have a tumor on their spinal cord and fortunately, the majority are handled by Dr. Freeman and Tampa General Hospital. His skills are evident based on my recovery, but I also appreciated his "bed-side" manner - very personable and patient. I appreciated the time he took during our follow-up visit. I would highly recommend Dr. Freeman and his team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2459218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

1 neck surgery 2008, back T 10 - L5.2011, second neck surgery 2011. SUPER NEUROSURGEON. LOVED HIS PERSONALITY.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Dr. Freeman is a skilled and intelligent neurosurgeon. I have been his patient from 2008-2013. I had multiple spine issues which Dr. Freeman helped me through. At one point I could barely walk, sit or stand. After thoroughly investigating my condition, Dr. Freeman determined I was a candidate for a relatively new procedure on my sacroiliac (S-1) joint, rather than the typical L3,4,5 surgery most patients receive. In fact, I was the third patient of his to receive this new surgery. I'm not going to sugar coat it, the post surgical pain was significant and I was non weight bearing for about two months, but I am now walking, dancing, wearing my high heels again, which is a miracle and has changed my life for the better. Like any sought after surgeon, it takes some time to get an appointment and he typically runs late due to the amount of time spent with each patient. It has been two years since the surgery and I cannot say enough about Dr. Freeman. I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2014

I had spinal stenosis, could barely walk when I entered his office for the first time. He did a laminectomy and removed the nerve compression, through a 4 inch incision. In 5 weeks, I am back exercising, walking without pain and am able to perform normal everyday tasks without issue. His surgery capabilities are in the realm of the miraculous!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2014

Dr Freeman is a gifted surgeon. He repaired my spine twice after two separate injuries; both were a complete success. The first surgery was 12 years ago on my cervical spine and the second surgery was on my lumbar spine one year ago. After both surgeries, I recovered quickly and without complications. I highly recommend Dr Freeman to anyone who is suffering from a spine injury!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

I have seen Dr. Freeman for many years and he has performed surgery that helped me go from a wheel chair to walking without aid. He may run late sometimes but that is due to the fact that he spends the proper amount of time with his patients to assure they are getting the best treatment possible. He will explore all possibilities before performing surgery. I trust him with my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2013

Dr. Freeman is a gifted neurosurgeon! He corrected a serious spinal issue of the upper spine (C5 and C6). I now have full function in this area and the surgical scar on the front of my neck is literally hidden in a neck crease. His surgical expertise in this area is the "best of the best." His bedside/patient manner is excellent. I highly recommend Dr Feeman's care and surgical skills. If you have a serious spine issue that needs surgical correction, he is definitely the "go to" physician to seek out. He will repair the problem and get you back into normal activities. My husband and I were both extremely impressed with his surgical skill and patient manner. J Baker Tampa FL

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970006].votes_count ]]