Rate Dr. Ross Chiaramonte

Dr. Ross Chiaramonte's Ratings

I needed have a root canal procedure done. My old dentist could not perform this operation and kicked me to the curb. I called up Dr. Ross and took me in the next day for an 'emergency visit'. He took care of the agonizing pain. It was my first visit. As time went on I had him remove my cracked fillings where he discovered pieces of old metal fillings under the cracked ones he was replacing. I never use freezing during drilling procedures and before you know it, he is finished. I never have a problem with his work and my mouth is pain free, also he has a new cleaning girl who is really good. It is comforting to know I have a great dentist. Thank you Dr. Ross and staff. Beau Paquin.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2474261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I should have read the reviews before I went to this dentist. I went to see this dentist because I was experiencing pain and senitivity in my R. first upper molar. On my first visit, the Dr. had X rays done and examined the problem. He told me that that old metal filling was no good anymore and need to be replaced. Then he went on to tell me that all the old metal fillings I had needed to be replace. I believed him because two years ago I had that same problem with another tooth. I had four metal fillings all on my upper molars. I agreed to replace them two at a time. I made an appointment for the following week to have my teeth cleaned and replace the first two metal filling. Second visit, the hygenist was horrible. Most painful experience of my life, never finished the job and only had me rinse my mouth out once. Then the Dr. saw me and replaced my fillings. After about a week I developed an infection in my R. ear and neck. I had to take antibiotics. Con'd in the next review ….

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][201289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2013

Called the office to have my wisdom teeth removed because I was experiencing pain. I was thrilled when they said they could take me in 3 days unlike the weeks worth waiting period at all the other local dentists... NOW I KNOW WHY there was no wait!!! I wish I had waited the couple weeks to get a good dentist. You'd think Dr. Ross got his diploma from clown school. The procedure itself was the most painful thing I've ever experienced in my life. He didn't bother explaining anything to me and laughed in my face at my questions. My jaw was dislocated, my face looked like I was in a train wreck. After being in such pain for a week I decided to get a second opinion, the dentist quickly shook her head and asked WTF was done to my mouth. Not only did I still have a piece of tooth left in the extraction site, a bone was hanging out and touching my gums... I required more work to fix his mistakes. Do yourself a favor wait the extra couple weeks for a decent dentist..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][201286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2013

I would not recommend Dr. Ross. The offices never felt overly clean and he kept us waiting sometimes for over an hour with no apologies; he would walk into the room barely acknowledging my child that had been patiently waiting for ages. He did work that I don't believe was necessary and was extremely arrogant and condescending when I asked a simple question about a procedure. Dr. Ross kept prescribing more and more medications after a procedure rather than bothering to take a look to see if he'd missed anything (which he did and was later addressed by another dentist). The only positive thing I can say is that he has some of the best hygienists. They are friendly, great with kids and were the only bright spot when going for an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][201285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

City dentist pleads to threatening charges http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2010/11/10/city-dentist-pleads-to-threatening-charges

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][201284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2013

I called Dr. Ross's office for an emergency toothache for my daughter. Not only did he take us in right away, but he was really good with my daughter, made her feel comfortable and got her out of pain right away. Since then I brought in my other 2 boys as well as my husband and our experiences have been great. I would recommend this dentist to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][201283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Hate dentists with a passion but Dr. Ross is the BEST... compassionate, funny and all around great dentist. He has taken me from a nervous wreck needing gas and freezing for a simple filling to doing it without either. Best dentist in the world and would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][201282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][201288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2012

A lot of people say bad things about him, but when I had a terrible toothache dr Ross took me in right away. All the other dentists in town including the "on call" dentist and even my own dentist told me I couldn't get in for weeks. He got me out of pain and I was so impressed that I left my old dentist at bay dent, and took my son to dr Ross as well. He is great with children, knows his stuff and makes the appt fun for adults and children alike. He's easygoing and I find him to be very trustworthy. You Owen sounders need to get over whatever**** happened in the past, cause when youre in pain and can't find help. He will be the only one there to help you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][201281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2012

Ross is the original con artist. He will recommend work that doesn't need doing and then do a piss poor job of it so that you have to return 6 months later for more work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][201280].votes_count ]]