Dr. Saly Mekhael

Rate Dr. Saly Mekhael

Dr. Saly Mekhael's Ratings

I Would like to comment on the many visits with Dr. Mekhael have been knowledgeable and she is a really nice and helpful doctor, I like her very much and will continue to see her on an ongoing basis. However, her pharmacy staff is another thing, the man is not very friendly and not at all professional as well as his assistant she has a very unprofessional mannerism that does not at belong in a doctor's or pharmacy office. Its a good idea to have them separated entirely.

Submitted July 11, 2014 | flag

I went to see Dr. Mekhael as referred by the Care Connect service. The office staff made me sign up to be her patient before I even saw her. The experience was terrible. Dr. Mekhael seemed like she totally didn't care at all about me or my illness, and seemed thoroughly bored about being a family physician. I requested a renewed prescription for orthotic insoles (I've been wearing them for 15 years) and she was very hesitant. Then the desk charged me $40 for the prescription but the doctor didn't even warn me of this charge. The office is really shabby - I hope she puts that $40 in the fund to finish decorating the office. Right now it feels like you are sitting in the middle of a run down pharmacy. I went back one more time, when again I felt like she didn't care. I then asked to have my name removed from her register of patients.

Submitted June 3, 2014 | flag

I moved to Toronto in August 2012 and started seeing another doctor on Bayview (Jennifer Rosset). After several negative interactions with J.Rosset and the front desk ladies (who have more time to gossip than time assist patients)I quickly started looking for a new doctor. I found Dr.Mekhael by using the walkin clinic one weekend. I find her to be competent, polite and caring and her staff are polite and professional and go out of their way to fit me in when there is an urgent need to see the doctor. I am completely satisfied with this doctor and the wonderful treatment I have received as well as my young son and senior parents. The location is convenient however I agree with previous reviews that the office looks like it is undone. Don't let this turn you off, she is a really good family doctor.

Submitted April 25, 2014 | flag

I started seeing Dr. Mekhael in 2010 after experiencing several major health issues. She has been very helpful. At one point, after test results that came in from a hospitalization, she immediately suggested referral to a specialist to make sure the condition was followed closely. I agree she does not like to prescribe medication, but from my experience, sometimes a non-drug alternative has been better option for the condition. Obviously, that depends on the condition. When I have insisted on a prescription rather than her alternative, she has been willing to fill it. I like her.

Submitted June 7, 2013 | flag

One of the worst doctors I've ever had - not knowledgable, not willing to assist me with questions. Agree with another commenter - she is very apathetic and does not seem caring at all. Looking for a new doctor.

Submitted Oct. 16, 2012 | flag

Dr. Mekhael was great at the beginning when I first started seeing her. I asked her to refill some prescriptions that was given to me at the hospital at the emergency and she was very RELUCTANT. She is very hesitant in prescribing any medications. She is good if you have a cold and fever but I would NEVER recommend her if you are looking for a long term family doctor. Some times she acts as if she does not know you at all.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2012 | flag

I saw Dr.Mekhael on a Sat a.m. for an eye infection. I didn't wait long at all. I found her very welcoming and she listened without interrupting. She answered all my questions and was very nice. I'd see her again.

Submitted July 7, 2012 | flag

I don't understand the good reviews for Dr. Mekhael. I've been seeing her for about a year now because her location is convenient for me. I feel like she is very apathetic and only likes to give treatment as a last resort. She hadn't even heard of one of the medications I'd been given from my previous doctor. She even laughs when I tell her my concerns. She doesn't like giving prescriptions because she claims they have too many side effects... even an acne cream. She doesn't seem passionate about her career and she always tries to get me out of the door ASAP. I am looking for a new doctor.

Submitted May 5, 2012 | flag

Very personable aand helpful ddoctor.She lastens to you in aa very caring way and doesn't rush you even tho ugh the office maay be full.Some doctors cares about money but she doesn't.Doctor Mekhaael chaarges depending on her mood and I like it.She charges pt. for sick note however the laast time I needed she did free of chaarge. It was one intance that bothered me at the moment and that was when I witnessed patient come in an asked the receptionist to see the doctor for prescription that waasn't for him but was for his wife.Receptionist didn't let him in becaause his wife wasn't present at that time. I saw him go into the doctor exam room and coming out with aa prescription.Even though that prolonged are waaiting time is nice to know that if I am sick and unable to visit to doctor thaat my husband can pick up a prescription for me. I would recommend her to my friends and family.We need doctor like doctor Saly Mekhaael.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2012 | flag

I switched to Dr Mekhael because I was looking for a new female GP who is patient, has good hours, runs on time and is conveniently located. I am happy with my choice. On top of meeting all my requirements she's kind and caring.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2011 | flag