Rate Dr. Mohammed Shamji

Dr. Mohammed Shamji's Ratings

My family had a good experience with Dr. Shamji. He operated on my son for a complex spinal condition and explained to both him and I about what he was going through. He is quite busy and we were rescheduled once because he was in the midst of an emergency operation. Understandable, but frustrating, and his clinic is quite busy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

I WAS ASKED TO GO GET A MRI TWICE FROM DR SHAMJI AND WAS SENT A LETTER TO SEE OTHER NEUROSURGEON AFTER HE HAD READ MY REPORT WHICH STATES DISC DESEASE WITH SEVERE NARROWING OF MY SPINE AND ALSO NERVE ROOT COMMPRESSION I DESERVED BETTER SERVICE THEN I DID AND WAS REFFERED TO ANOTHER DR BY HIM WHICH DID NOT HELP AT ALL

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634422].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

After suffering chronic lower back pain for 7 years, the problem progressed into a severely herniated disc. I was afraid of surgery so for a year I did physiotherapy, acupuncture, massage, walking, and bed rest. My posture improved and I got stronger but unfortunately the herniation worsened. In the end I had to go to Emergency because I couldn't pee or poop. I'm very glad I went to Toronto Western because Dr. Shamji quite simply saved my life. He is very gentle and kind, thoughtful and patient. Now I can walk, sit, stand, and my bodily functions are back to normal. Best of all, the sciatic pain is gone. I feel most sensations again, and only experience low back pain when I am over active. A great doctor working with a great spinal care team; for my entire hospital visit I knew that I was well cared for and safe. I'm glad I did physio because it kept me strong enough for recovery, but surgery was the only option to get me to that point. I'm lucky Dr. Shamji was there to help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2232967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

The consult we had with Dr. Shamji was far beyond our expectations. He presented as a very kind, understanding and extremely knowledgable individual who took the extra time to review all of my husbands options. Our experience was exceptional!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][202548].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2013

Dr. Shamji operated on my husband's back and replaced a disc. He was incredibly detailed in his explainations. Provided the pros and cons of surgery and all the possible side effects. We never felt rushed. On the second day home from surgery he was in a lot of pain. We called his office and Dr. Shamji returned our call within half hour - and pleasant as usual. It's been 6 months since the surgery and my husband feels amazing and back at work. Great Doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][202547].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

Dr. Shamji saw me in consultation quickly after my fam.doc referred me to him. He was kind and respectful and had a great team working with him - he operated on my back when my sciatica was agonizing, and now I'm recovering smoothly and pain free. Kudos to Toronto Western for recruiting him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][202546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2012

Well informed and thoughtful. Went out of his way to repeat information until my family and I understood it completely. Ottawa's loss that he is gone. Hopefully he'll be back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][202545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Impeccable bedside manner. Takes the time to explain why specific treatment options are better than others I read about on the internet. Made a very scary situation manageable by breaking it down into small and comprehensible steps. Organized and knowledgeable, but very busy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][202544].votes_count ]]