Rate Dr. Brian Grady

Dr. Brian Grady's Ratings

Brian Grady is unique. I saw him because he was the only therapist I could find who had experience with chronic pain patients.Living with severe chronic pain for years, I was no longer of this world. Suicidal, deeply isolated, and constantly in pain, I had tried out several other therapist, but all just wanted to hold my hand. Brian listened. No touchy-feely attitude. Instead, he really wanted to understand what I was telling him. Never judgmental, never coming up with pet answers, never telling me what to do. For the first time I felt that my life was still worthy to be known. A most thoughtful man, he would at times be able to verbalize what I wanted to say but couldn’t find the words for. It has been three years now that I moved away from Victoria, but I still find myself thinking of him regularly and gain strength from my memories. Simply, the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][202711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2013

Bryan is terrific! ("ssshh- don't tell too many people - don't want him to get too busy to see me") - perceptive, caring & adept at helping me get to know myself better & to feel more joy & satisfaction. What I most appreciate is his careful listening & thoughtful responses. He has a vast repertoire of expertise it seems - no matter my mood, my issue - he easily, kindly & expertly guides me (through a variety of methods) to a growing self awareness and to a growing satisfaction & optimism about myself. My issues (at age 60) which brought me to him, were of a general depression "still haven't figured out who I want to be when I grow up" type - apathy, loneliness - wanting to feel engaged & useful. In a short 6 months, my outlook has improved dramatically. I suspect that he would be just as therapeutic to anyone of any age/circumstance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][202710].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Did not know if I was going to like him at first as he is a little bit of an odd duck but really warmed up to him. A lovely man who really cared for me from start to finish. Helped me put into words the things I wanted to say for years and sometimes understood how I felt better than I did. Just a great experience with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][202709].votes_count ]]