Rate Dr. Courtney A. Hunt

Dr. Courtney A. Hunt's Ratings

I met Dr. Hunt in 2005 when my PCP called her to help during the delivery of my first daughter. Two years later I went to her for my well woman's and for prenatal care of my second pregnancy. Everything was great. Great staff and she made me feel comfortable. I have read the bad reviews and felt compelled to share experience. She has never tried to sell me on any products and has always answered my questions. She is also allowing student doctors to shadow her and even when I have declined to have them present- she is still professional towards me. However, if you are looking for someone to baby you and hold your hand, then she is not a good fit for you. She is a no non-sense doctor that gives it to you straight with no small talk. She knows her job well and I am pleased with her.

With that said, I did not give her 5 stars because over the last few years she has taken on more patients than she can handle and wait times have increased and she gets booked out months in advance. She has a new doctor in her office now which may also be the reason for the long wait times. More patients and same amount of rooms= longer wait times.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

All I can say is that if you are considering delivering your baby with Dr. Hunt.. DON'T! Dr. Hunt was my OB for 5 years before I got pregnant, so I automatically chose her to deliver my baby. Sadly, working with her was one of the worst medical experiences I've ever had. I was induced at 40 weeks after a trouble free pregnancy. She had initially tried to scare me into having a C-section, which made me very uncomfortable. 12 hours into labor, my epidural machine started to make weird noises and the next thing I know I was being rushed into an emergency C-section. I was never told why I needed the C-section and only saw Dr. Hunt 2 times after the surgery. I found her to be uncaring and aloof! To add insult to injury, I got a terrible intestinal infection after the surgery and called her office in pain. Her nurse told me that Dr. Hunt was busy and that I needed to go to the emergency room because she could not help me. Total FAIL!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970250].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2011

This is a review for services about a year and a half or so ago...Office stuff was very nice and punctual in getting the appointments scheduled. Office wait varied from time to time, but for the most part did not wait for more then 15-20 min. The only time (out of 4-5) I had seen the Dr she was in and out of the room in within 5 min. Considering there was a procedure involved, this to me was unacceptable, totally unprofessional and not showing care for the patient. She was running behind due to an unscheduled delivery and I understand – but the better option for me would have been rescheduled and to get the care I paid for and not be rushed through a procedure like that. I have to say that the Nurse practitioner Mimi who I saw the other 4 times was very nice and spent time examining and answering my questions. And like someone else said – be prepared to pay for everything. Not going back and looking for another OBGYN. Dr Hunt in my humble opinion is way overrated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2011

Dr Hunt is a true professional, with a deep, wide, progressive knowledge base, as well as the skill of personal connection and authenticity. Her office staff was efficient and caring. She has a deep attention to detail, and an excellent bedside manner

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970248].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2010

Amazing doctor. Accepted me at 37 weeks, after a horrible experience with another local doc (has poor ratings on this site). My care was wonderful and the birth amazing. I had some twists and turns in labor and had to abandon my birth plan, but Dr. Hunt empowered me on all decisions and made me feel fantastic about the process. In fact, she was so cognizant of my birth plan and where I had to deviate that she was able to help me add a few things I would have never known to ask and it made the delivery truly special. I cannot say enough - will definitely deliver any future babies. Dr. Hunt is professional, kind, and extremely knowledgeable. I love the office staff, too! High recommendation all around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Hunt by my GP. I have been going to Dr. Hunt for almost 5 years and she is absolutely the BEST! She was so patient and helpful throughout my whole pregnancy. She felt like one of the family on the day my son was born. Her professionalism and caring personality are truly appreciated!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2009

I went to Dr. Hunt's office the first time last year after a terrible experience with another OB/GYN. When I made my appointment, I asked the receptionist if I could get in ASAP, and they were able to get me in within a week. I had to wait about 45 minutes, but when Dr. Hunt saw me (I was the last patient of the day), she spent over an hour with me, discussing my case. I did not feel at all rushed. When I left, I felt completely comfortable with her and I still do. I have seen her since for my yearly gynecological exam. Yes, it is a very busy office, and there may be a wait, but she is an extremely competent and caring doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970245].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

This office is fantastic. Dr. Hunt is smart, down to earth, cool, and knowledgeable. She knows about things that others don't. She has been my doctor for two years and I wish she were a GP so I could see her for everything. I can't speak highly enough of her practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

Dr. Hunt is wonderful. My daughter was delieved in June of 2006 and not only do I think I have Dr. Hunt to thank for making sure she got here safely but she was caring through my whole pregnancy. Due to moves I had to switch doctors three times. Thankfully Dr Hunt was my doc when I went into labor. The staff acted quickly to my daughters stress and complications and Dr. Hunt was calm and supportive through the whole thing. I hope with my next pregnancy I am lucky to have a doctor as great as her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970243].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009

A very nice doctor. She spends as much time as needed with her patients. She is coueous and caring. Her staff is friendly and helpful. I recommend her highly!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970242].votes_count ]]