Rate Dr. Paul E. MacIk

Dr. Paul E. MacIk's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

I have been under DR. Macik care since my lap band surgery in 2007' I have found DR. Macik and his staff to always be informative, professional and extremely responsive to my questions, follow ups and emergencies. DR.Macik met me on his day off to perform an emergency procedure so I would not be in discomfort over a weekend. I continue to follow up with him and cannot sing his praises enough. Tiffany has always been courteous and responsive to all questions and problems. I have lost a total of 115 lbs. And have kept it off thanks to follow up care. He is an excellent surgeon and very supportive.

Submitted July 24, 2014 | flag

I drove 200 miles and paid for a hotel only to have my appt canceled at the last minute.I would not recommend this office to a anyone.

Submitted June 23, 2014 | flag

While he does not have the best bedside manner, he is a very smart man. My surgery went well and I am pleased with my results. It is now a year later. I do remember being in the hospital two extra days because he did not feel that I was ready to be released. Why I am I mentioning that?? Well based on his customer service, I just knew he would perform the procedure then send me home. When I had an issue at home, he ordered more tests to make sure everything was in order. Would I go to him again, yes. When bedside manner is important, I am more concerned with his expertise and skill set.

Submitted June 10, 2014 | flag

Dr.Macik is very rude,disrespectful and unprofessional. We thought we were being "punked" based on the way he treated me. He walked in and did not even greet or acknowledge my wife. The first thing that he said was" What can I tell you,that you have not already heard?" He behaved as if should I have had all info about surgery before my initial appointment. He was behaving nervously and acted like my basic questions were a bother to him. He has the worst bedside manner! I am surprised that he is in business. I left out of there feeling uncomfortable, misinformed and disrespected. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy.I concur with all the negative comments on here. I had to leave a comment,I could not let this slide.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2014 | flag

I had my Roux-en-Y surgery 6 years ago with Dr. Macik. One year after my original surgery, I had to have additional surgery for gall bladder removal and a partial intestinal obstruction. Dr Macik also performed these surgeries. I am pregnant with my second child, and I have been hospitalized for severe upper abdominal pain. My doctors believe that my pain is being caused by scar tissue from my previous surgeries, but do not know. My family and I have been calling Dr. Macik for ONE WEEK, leaving messages both with Tiffany and his answering service, and have yet to receive a single phone call back from Dr Macik. As his patient, I am supposed to receive lifetime care from him, which we paid a great amount of money for. What have we gotten? NOTHING. This situation is pretty typical of Dr Macik and his office. They do not care about their patients, and although this is an extreme situation, we have dealt with the lack of caring, rudeness, and even laziness of his practice.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2012 | flag

Dr. Macik is the worst doctor I have ever been to. He is rude and has no affect. I ended up in the hospital under his care because he didn't see the signs and when I talked to him about it later he said, "Well, you lost weight didn't you." The problem is I was miserable and could have died. Prior to that there were several small instances of his unprofessionalism as well. I would never recommend being a patient of his!

Submitted July 11, 2011 | flag

Excellent surgeon, but when related complications appeared, he was next to useless and distanced himself entirely and quickly. If you are looking for a quality cutter, he's fantastic. If you're looking for post-op care or diagnostics, you may be better served by researching if this practice is what you're looking for.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2009 | flag

I found this Dr. to be very rude and he acted like I should have had all info about surgery before My initial appointment. He was reluctant to answer the most basic questions I had and acted as if My questions were not important. His assistant (or nurse) would tell me one thing, and he would tell me the complete opposite. I left with a feeling that the only thing important to them was my money instead of My health.

Submitted April 29, 2009 | flag

There isn't enough space here for me to brag about this wonderful man. I literally have and would again trust him with my life! He is THE BEST! What more can I say...other than I owe him my life!

Submitted July 10, 2006 | flag