Rate Dr. Andrew Y. Ashikari

Dr. Andrew Y. Ashikari's Ratings

There is no one better than Dr. Ashakari. I went to three doctors for a consulation, including the best rated doctor at Sloan Ketteran and I chose Dr. Ashakari to do my masectomy. I have never regreted it and I highly recommned him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2013

Dr. Ashakari is a "breath of fresh air" in the medical field. He is knowleddgeable, punctual, so compassionate and up-to-date on the latest techniques. He makes you feel "at ease" under very difficult circumstances and takes the "time" to answer questions, and help with decison-making - which is a very important part of the visit. Has a wonderful bedside manner. No question is wrong or stupid - and when questions are asked he explains fully. I highly recommend Dr. Ashakari to all who require his type of services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970480].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2012

I've met a lot of doctors (especially after being diagnosed with cancer) and I have to say that Dr. Andrew Ashikari is a rare find. He's incredibly down to earth, very genuine, and truly dedicated to cancer patients. I couldn't have been in better hands (literally). After my first meeting with him, I could sense how capable he was and knew immediately that he was the surgeon for me. I also loved that he's the type of doctor who is very up to date with the latest research and will really discuss all your options with you and will help you decide what is best for you and your situation instead of forcing it (as some other doctors will). Everyone I've met in his office staff and PAs (at both locations) are all super sweet. What's really great about his breast center is that if they want an MRI or another test, within minutes you're downstairs getting one. They are fast with getting test results and are so quick with the insurance precertifications also. I highly recommend him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2011

I am sorry to say my experience was less than great. Found him to be less than helpful. Comments made by him were rude and unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970478].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2010

DR. ANDREW ASHAKARI IS A TOP NOTCH SURGEON AND A VERY CONSIDERATE, CARING PERSON, AS IS HIS FATHER DR. ROY ASHAKARI. I HAVE USED BOTH DOCTORS AND AFTER 31 YEARS AND 5 BOUTS WITH BREAST CANCER I'M ALIVE AND WELL AT 75. MY LAST BOUT WAS 4 YEARS AGO AND WITH THE HELP OF A PLASTIC SURGEON TO FIX MY CHEST WALL DR ANDREW WAS ABLE TO GIVE ME MORE TIME TO ENJOY LIFE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

Dr. Ashikari is a caring compassionate doctor and a great surgeon. He performed a prophylactic mastectomy after I learned I had the BRCA1 gene. He took whatever my insurance paid. I highly recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

This man is a superlative doctor. His knowledge, expertise and warm, caring manner are unsurpassed. I would HIGHLY recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

Andrew Ashakari is a very special Doctor, I would HIGHLY recommend him - not only is he an excellent surgeon but he truly cares about his patients. He takes the time to explain everything in a way that I could understand. He came to check on me either once or twice a day when I was in the hospital and really went above and beyond for me. There is no better place to be than under this man's care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2010

The best surgical oncologist out there. There is no doctor who cares more about you and your medical issue than this man. It's almost a shock to meet with him after dealing with so many jerks in the medical industry today. They do not make'em like him anymore. Wish the medical industry would try to emulate him times thousands so we all could get some decent care again in this country.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2009

Warm, caring, intelligent doctor, spends a lot of time, really cares about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970472].votes_count ]]