Rate Dr. Richard W. Newcomb

Dr. Richard W. Newcomb's Ratings

I agree with everything the previous poster said, he is wonderful. I have never had such time and attention paid to me or my child by any doctor. The only downside is that the doctor is older and since my child is only 2, he probably won't be practicing for the next 16 years and I will have to find someone new someday! He is really great and is so nice to the kids. He also doesn't seem to just want to cure every problem with lots of prescriptions, which I appreciate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2006

Dr. Newcomb is a pediatric allergist/immunologist and an "old-school" doctor, the kind you rarely come across any more. By this I mean that in addition to his pager number, he will give you his home number, and asks you to call him any time when your child is experiencing an asthma flare, so he is on call 24/7! He is extremely concerned with the health and well-being of his patients, and takes his time in examinations and in discussing the child's health with parents and in providing patient/caregiver education and instructions. He is also very generous in providing samples in order to help parents save on prescription costs. My child was under the care of a physician from University of Chicago before I made the switch to Dr. Newcomb, who felt she was being over-medicated and took her off a number of medications. She thrived under his care; I would say without hesitation he is by far the best pediatric specialist in his field in the area. VERY highly recommended - you cannot go wrong!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970572].votes_count ]]