Rate Dr. Robert M. Stern

Dr. Robert M. Stern's Ratings

I have known Dr. Stern for over 20 years and he has been a god send to me. He has helped me and my family through many tough situations & for that I am truly grateful. Without him I don't know where I would be right now. He is always there when I need him, always just a phone call or email away. He is very patient, understanding & caring to my problems. I'm very glad to have met him all those years ago and to still have him today.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632907].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Saved my life! He has been extremely patient with me. Everyone on his staff is caring and gentle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2459251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Asked him a question and he was rude and walked away. Tom made his own rules depending on the day. Most nurses were great. Some Drs. Passed judgement before they knew the facts.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2014

I was exceedingly lucky to be referred to North 5 (Emerson Hospital’s Inpatient Psychiatric Unit) and assigned to Dr. Stern. He’s low-key, listened well, and was empathetic. It was obvious that the staff thinks the world of him. (Want to find out if a doctor’s good? Observe the staff’s attitude to him/her.) I was discharged two weeks ago, and while I did want to go home, I so didn’t want to leave North 5 that it was all I could do to prevent myself from crying. It’s clean, the nurses and social workers are great, the therapy and personal growth groups get an A+, and the food was good. I had a joke with myself that I was in a spa.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013

Very attentive and professional. Listens well and explains in an understandable manner. I would recommend Dr Stern to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2011

Dr. Stern is a wonderful, compassionate, amazing Dr. and human being. I was blessed to have him as my Doc while I was a patient at Emerson. He is the only person/professtionsl that I feel safe with. Love you Dr. Stern KLD

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2011

DR. Stern IS AN EXCELLANT *INPATIENT PSYCH.(M.D.) He has Keen insight and intellect on the human psyche, mental illness, and dual diag. His Bedside manner is a little rough but he makes up for this with his LONG HOURS, FULL ATTENTION, and follow-up. He Believes that Medication should "assist" not "numb" the patient so the patient can actually feel what he/she is going through/ working on...W/O being in TOO MUCH STRESS or OVERWHELMING Situations. DR. Stern EXPECTS WORK, but you'll feel it's worth it.*BIG ADVOCATE OF: H.I.P.P.A. , and NO Personal contact in the inpatient setting/ Psychichiatrist/ patient relationship. CLEAR Boundries. AND YET HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR! Non-threatening, and community- oriented. Yet, I think his name says alittle bit about him when he gets a pt. in his head he would like you to realize- He is Stern! If U need to be admitted Inpatient for behavorial reasons, Emerson is a good place to go. NO GARUNTEE U"LL GET HIM AS M.D. but evry M.D. there r v. knowledgable

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1970719].votes_count ]]