Dr. Richard Fox

Dr. Richard Fox

Rate Dr. Richard Fox

Dr. Richard Fox's Ratings

I recently had microdisectomy lumbar surgery by Dr Fox. My results after surgery are amazing! Very low pain level, even right after surgery. My back and nerve pain are gone, thanks to this man I feel like I've been given a second chance at having a pain free life. I would absolutely highly recommend Dr Fox for any issues he may be able to help you with. He truly is amazing.

Submitted March 22, 2014 | flag

I was referred to the Spine Clinic and was lucky enough to get Dr. Fox as my surgeon. He is definitely my hero. I suffered from stenosis and spondylilothesis and after meeting with gim and his nurse, Tim ( who was also wonderful), Dr. Fox was very honest and kind while explaining all the risks to the surgery, 6 weeks layer he operated on my back. My right leg had already degenerated greatly from the nerves in my spine being crushed and I had great weakness, pain, and some are ad already on their way to paralysis. Upon waking up from surgery I immediately knew the problems were reversed. I am very grateful to Dr. Fox and his staff for fixing me. The pain was horrible and it is great to not suffer anymore from the pain or the knowledge that without medical intervention, paralysis was inevitable. He knows what he is doing, he is honest and straight forward about the positives and negatives, and from my experience, he does things in a timely manner. Thank you so much Dr. Fox.

Submitted July 8, 2013 | flag

i was in awful pain all of last summer,could not make my arm comfortable my doc booked me a appointment with doc fox. i saw him for the first time in December and was in total awe of him.he didn't force the neck surgery on me but let it be my decision, as the pain was now more or less under control due to Major pain killers. i decided to go for the surgery at all times he was great to deal with before surgery he came into the room and talked to me again to see if this was what i wanted. after surgery he came to see me to let me know everything had gone well, and as i had to stay over night he was back the next morning to clear me to go home. at all times he was upbeat, and kind. always made sure i knew everything that was going on, and did not display any ego. THANK YOU DOCTOR FOX FOR EVERYTHING

Submitted April 18, 2013 | flag

Great surgeon who changed my life from pain everyday to having none. Not very punctual but took the time to explain his surgical plan once I saw him and never rushed me.

Submitted March 16, 2013 | flag

I just have to say that Dr. Fox WAS SO AMAZING!! I am very Thankful that I had him as my surgeon. Nothing but good things to say for him. Great bedside manner! When I told him some of my concerns he took care of them right away with such compassion as far as I had felt! SO I can only say that if you get Dr. Fox as your surgeon you are in good hands!!

Submitted June 25, 2011 | flag

I have been to many, many Doctors, and Dr. Fox is better then most. I have chosen to delay my surgery for as long as possible but when it comes time, it will be Dr. Fox that doe’s it, as I have full confidence in him. I have read the comments listed on here and do not understand those that have posted negative remarks. When you go to see Dr. Fox it is because your family Doctor has depleted his options for treatment, and is sending you to see a surgeon as his last choice. Dr Fox is a surgeon that’s what he does. He does not make you have surgery. That is your choice. He offers his best OPINION and yes,**** happens and sometimes it does not work out well. He is only a man and is not perfect. If you want perfection you must speak to GOD. If you think there are no risks when you are having any kind of surgery you need more then a brain surgeon, you need a brain. And Yes I more then agree some Doctors should NOT be practicing, but it is my own opinion Dr. Fox is not one of them.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2010 | flag

This doctor has been a GODSEND to me & my family. His secretary Carrie is amazing as he is. It's an absolute insult to his training/teaching abilities, his staff, his knowledge, his time & efforts for anyone to insult this man's intentions. Too many people expect miracles for their back pain. I was very lucky, Yes, Dr. Fox did perform absolute miracles on me. He saved - no gave me my life back. First he discovered a brain malformation, corrected that, he then went on to explain my options in great detail about corrective spinal surgery. He made no false promises, he was upfront about the risks, his bedside manner every single time I've seen him (in the hospital and in his office) has always been professional, courteous, respectful, patient and extremely friendly & knowledgable. He always makes a point of grabbing my hand, looks me directly in the eyes. He uses humour appropriately, he's humble -whenever I credit his work, he always credits his "team". He is the BEST doc I've EVER had!!!

Submitted April 1, 2009 | flag

Went totally out of his way to make my first appt with him. Asked questions and explored other related area's of my health that other doctors ignored. Recommended surgery but also discussed other short term efforts that could be made - told me to phone him for surgery if the alternates did not work - totally my decision. Good bedside manner - I would rate him as one of the two overall best doctors I have seen in my life so far. The grossly negative comments on this site seem to have similar penmanship imo - maybe there are one or two disgruntled patients out there who have an agenda (those posts should be deleted as they are not helpful, not detailed and not polite - everything the posting etiquette says will be deleted). Chronic back pain can be frustrating and some patients expect miracles and others to do everything for them.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2009 | flag

After Dr. Fox looked at my MRI he told me I should have a myelogram. I went to see another neurosurgeon who told me myelograms should be banned and that only a sadistic doctor would order a myelogram.

Submitted July 14, 2008 | flag

I am very surprised by the negative comments about Dr Fox. I have not seen Dr Fox as a patient, but rather worked with for several weeks as a medical student. I found him to be a sincere and caring surgeon, who went out of his way to listen to and explain procedures to patients. The neurosurgery residents that I worked with, as well as other neurosurgeons, all had high opinions of Dr Fox and his surgical skills, as well as his interactions with patients. I think his only failing (if it can be called that) is that he takes one more cases, and more difficult cases, than many other surgeons. One of the hardest working doctors I have met.

Submitted June 25, 2008 | flag