Rate Dr. Andrei Metelitsa

Dr. Andrei Metelitsa's Ratings

Excellent dermatologist, always on time, great staff and overall very knowledgeable. I drive from out of town to see him and it's totally worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Doctor walked in, well mannered , immediately diagnosed my spot as non cancerous, but we decided to remove it since I did not like it. Minimal discomfort, very happy with his professional manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2696140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Metelitsa's for a few years now, (as have other family members). I suffer from acne and he has continued to provide a range of services to remedy my condition. He is not only personable and knowledgeable, but also up to date on new treatments. His staff is very caring and patient as well. Will definitely recommend to others looking for a derm!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2694022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

I was referred to Dr.Metelitsa by my family doctor due to my acne. The receptionists, nurses, and himself were all wonderful. He did prescribe me accutane and I trusted him with this being the best decision for myself. The side affects can be harsh but they are tolerable! He made sure my blood work was A-Okay and would ask how I was feeling every check up. It is a busy office so you may feel "rushed" but that isn't their intention by any means he would answer any question I had and take his time wih me. I would see Dr.Metetlitsa again! I also refer him to family members and friends!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

I went in for alopecia, and was suggested cortizone injections. After 2-3 treatments I am happy to say that the bald spot on the back of my head is gone. The staff were very nice and Dr. Metelitsa was professional, courteous and quick. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

Dr. Metelitsa saw my teenage son for acne. We literally argued about Accutane as I didn't want him on that medication. He guilted me into saying it's the only option or the scars will be lifelong. His acne wasn't severe either at that point. My son was on Accutane for only 4 days when the joint pain started, he couldn't bend over to tie his shoes. It took the office 3 more days to return my call, only to tell me that he cannot tolerate Accutane. He was rude, wouldn't listen to me at all, and the guilt trip was not necessary. I would never recommend anyone to see him. Also, when he walked in the door to introduce himself he said that he has worked for the Kennedy's. Honestly, I don't care who you have worked for, this is my child that I care about. His credentials (which were obviously very important to him) in that regard do not impress me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2690754].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

Great experience with this doc. I have been dealing with my devastating rosacea and have tried pretty much every possible treatment. I actually came to see Dr. Metelitsa for a mole but at the end of my appointment asked him about my rosacea. He said that it can be treated with laser which was perfect as I did not want anymore pills that did not work. Amazingly after doing this laser 4 times like that he suggested my redness is nearly gone. I can say that after years of frustration I could not be happier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2688548].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

Always in a hurry. Barely listened to what I had to say. Pulled some hairs and barely looked at my skin. Handed me a prescription for Rogaine, which it turns out I didn't need and a prescription for a cream that made the dermatitis spread like wildfire. I will never use this Dr again

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2681342].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

Have seen this Dr a couple of times for a case of chronic psoriasis on various parts of my body requiring multiple creams and sprays. He just took a history, didn't really even look at some areas, recommended light therapy, and prescribed more creams and sprays basically letting me know that he's a renowned specialist, yet theres nothing that can be done for my condition. 30 years of disappointment continues. I could've had costly injections that last a week, and on my last visit, the light therapy is now being charged for. it's unfortunate that some specialists are strictly geared to the wealthy and vain. If you feel this Dr is arrogant, you should meet his associate Dr Adam's. I will continue to see this Dr as in Calgary, the supply of dermatologists is very small and the patient load is very high. My positive outlook for my future skin condition lays shattered on the floor however.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2680503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

Dr. Metelitsa was recommended to us for treatment of my teenage daughters severe acne. He was knowledgable and assured us that Accutane was the only way to go to spite reading bad reviews of the drug. I can't explain how bad my daughters skin was only to tell, you that it affected her self esteem greatly! Six months later, she was completely acne free and Dr. Metelista calmly coached her through the ups and downs of those months! We are eternally greatful to the Dr. for his calm knowledgable demeanor!! He was as excited as us with the success- a true cheer leader- which to us showed that he truly cares! I would highly recommend Dr. Metelista!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2673290].votes_count ]]