Rate Dr. James R. Dupuy

Dr. James R. Dupuy's Ratings

I’ve been a patient for 7 months now with Dr. Jim after being referred to him initially due to constant headaches, back pain, and popping noises from my shoulders. I went in skeptical of what difference a chiropractor could make and how frequently I would have to be seen for the difference to be made. No one likes going to the doctor, especially often. After the first visit, I knew things would be different. He was fully supportive of teaching me how to take care of myself and doing preventative work so I could come in less frequently and wouldn’t be coming in for issues I could manage myself. He was very thorough in making sure I understood what was going on, what was causing the issues, and what the plan was to fix them. He answered all of my questions and taught me treatments I could do a home to help the issues I knew about, such as: my headaches that were due to my shoulders and neck being overly tight from stress and poor posture; my poor posture is from sitting at a desk all day for my job and having a weak core that forced my back muscles to compensate for keeping my body upright; and the popping noises from my shoulder were from my side-sleeping and from my poor posture.

I say “knew about” because he was able to immediately identify and provide treatment plans for issues that I didn’t realize were going on. Dehydration was a problem since someone my weight (215lbs.) should be drinking about 13 cups of water a day (weight in pounds / 2 = ounces of water or weight / 16 = cups of water), carrying my wallet in my back right pocket was causing my right leg to be slightly shorter than the other, and having a couple ribs out of place (apparently not uncommon) was another reason for my back discomfort. ALL of this on my FIRST visit. In future visits, we continued and modified treatments for previous issues, and discussed issues that I would need to be aware of in the future due to my type of work and my hobbies that involve intense physical activity.

Since then, we’ve been executing and changing a plan that has been extremely helpful in improving my health and quality of life, and treating issues on my own between monthly visits. I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the attention he gives me and other patients I see at his office. Most importantly, I’m delighted to see a doctor that: focuses on figuring out the ROOT causes of conditions; informs patients of the entire condition from identification to treatment; trains patients on how to treat conditions and prevent/reduce future occurrences; provides recommendations and treatments that are done naturally; only recommends treating with medication or surgery when necessary; and treats patients as people and not a number or face to get slowly pushed through the office. I can’t give enough praise to the good doctor. I’m looking forward to future visits.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

I began seeing Dr. Jim just over a year ago due to a shoulder injury. I had always been skeptical of chiropractors, but a friend of mine finally nagged enough and I went with her to the appointment.

I could not have been more surprised. Dr. Jim talked me through everything that he was doing to help my friend with her fibromyalgia. I briefly discussed my needs and he answered every question I had. I discovered that not only could he help my shoulder, but he had plans to aid in repairing all the distress my Crohn’s disease was causing me. I never thought about seeing a chiropractor for Crohn’s, but he focuses on the body as a whole. He cares about you and will help you recover naturally.

Before seeing Dr. Jim, my shoulder was in unbearable pain from damaging muscle, my Crohn’s was in a massive 2 year flair that my specialists had failed to control with medications, I was having trouble walking from all the fissures, abscesses, and constant loss of blood…and then I met Dr. Jim.

He talked to me about food, water and supplements like fiber and how they work with my body. Also to find out what happens to your intestines when you don’t get enough water…GROSS! My point is that I seriously wondered why none of my Crohn’s specialists ever had these discussions with me in the 15+ years I’ve carried this illness?! My answer…they try to push you in and out of their office on meds and don’t take the time to teach. How many of you have felt this way about your doctor? I would bet most of you at least at one time or another. I can assure you that you will NEVER feel this way at Dr. Jim’s office.

Dr. Jim will teach you stretches for home care, icing/heating, nutrition, etc. and help you with anything he can to make sure you are prepared to do everything you can for your body in between visits.

The proof: I haven’t seen blood from Crohn’s in months, I run constantly for fun and my shoulder is now fully functional again. Also…I used to get chronic migraines (4-5x a month). I had 2 the entire 2014 year. If that isn’t a miracle, you tell me what is. So thankful to Dr. Jim for giving me my fully functional life back!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2725563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

He is the opposite of a wam bam thank you ma'am chiropractor who has you in and out in ten minutes. He's caring and will make sure you get the treatment you need. What an amazing chiropractor! I've been to a lot of chiropractors and he is my favorite by far. He's not like the rest. His cash same day prices are very reasonable too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2717615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

He is very thoroughly, kind and caring. Would recommend anyone to his practice

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

Dr. Jim is not only adept in the art of chiropractic wellness. He also is a great person generally speaking. He is very thorough and genuinely cares. He wants to assist people to live healthier and happier lives. His staff does a great job as well and are very friendly and welcoming. They're up front with patient responsibility and costs as well. I recommend him to everyone including my immediate loved ones. God Bless Dr. Jim DuPuy! :D

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2702568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

I have been seen by Dr.DuPuy 3 times now, and each visit is better than the last. Not only am I feeling better and moving in the right direction with my pain, but the staff makes everyone feel special. I have enjoyed this process. I was unsure what to expect when it came to visiting a Chiropractor and now all my fears have been laid to rest. I would recommend Dr.DuPuy to anyone!! Love Him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2674567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

Over the years I have been treated by many chiropractors, and I can tell you, a really good chiropractor is hard to find. Dr. DuPuy is the best one I've found yet. His technique is spot on, never too gentle and never too rough. Honestly, he's the first one I feel completely safe with getting cervical adjustments. I've had Parkinson's Disease these past four years, and Dr. Dupuy's caring, kindness, receptivity, knowledge, interest, openness, flexibility, adaptivity, and initiative serve my situation well. I highly recommend him to treat anyone whether you have mild or severe spinal issues or have, like me, complicating health issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2666648].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

I highly recommend All Star Chiropractic. The staff is very attentive and knowledgeable. I have been seeing Dr Jim for six months now. I broke my back and neck and have had several surgeries. I have two rods and eight screws in my lower back and two screws in my neck. I was in constant pain and on several opiates for pain management. I was in a continual fog because of heavy pain pills use ( medically prescribed) I have been to a dozen chiropractors all over the state of Ohio. Most places you are a number that they need to see quickly and push you out the door so they can bill. A number only. Dr Jim was the first Dr. To Listen to my conditions, research and analyze, how he could help me. Dr Jim's compassion, dedication, knowledge and techniques are better than any of the twenty some Doctors I have tried. Dr Jim's use of acupuncture has greatly helped my nueropathy, (severe nerve damage from surgeries) helping me regain some feeling in my legs and helping my sinuses breathe. The massage therapy has helped get rid of the knots and severe trigger points I had. The cupping and massage has also helped remove the toxic buildup I was suffering from. Dr Jim doesn't just adjust my back and send me out, Dr Jim has adjusted, and worked on, my whole body, my attitude, and my knowledge about my health.. HE REALLY CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS! He is the first Dr who has educated me about why my body hurts, and how the pain meds have been creating more pain. I have been on Dr/ surgeon ordered opiates for eight years!! Dr Jim has helped me quit the opiates.....and deal with my pain through massage, ( Big Thanks to Tracey and Susie!!!) yoga, (Tracey) acupuncture and spinal, body adjustments. I am getting my life back finally! And I owe this to Dr Jim's treatments. He has taken the time to educate me to the why's of my problems. His dedication to improve my quality of life has inspired me. I could not have done this without All Star Chiropractic. I am so very grateful that I found Dr Jim. I travel ninety miles each way every visit because I believe he is the best chiropractor in the Midwest. You really should schedule an appointment to meet with this man and his staff. It has been a life saving experience for me. I hope you get the same results for yourself. Life is GREAT again. Thank you Dr Jim Dupuy. Thank you, and may God bless you and your staff. Your incredible!
Daniel S. Simonette

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Outstanding staff that is always pleasant and always willing to help! Dr. Jim ha helped me feel wonderful and I am able to exercise, ride my bike, and walk without hip pain! I always walk out feeling great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

This man actually loves his job and is incredibly skilled at it. Why would you want anything more than that from a person manipulating your nervous system? Wouldn't trust my family to anyone else's care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2592510].votes_count ]]