Dr. Steven A. Mittleman

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:N

Profile updated 04/04/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Steven A. Mittleman has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Steven" to "Steven A."
RID: 2695215
26/06/13 1 3 1 5 The staff are the worset. I've never seen such rude staff. They never call back and they don't pay attention to you while you talk. they ignore and chat about other topics while you are standing in front of them. The are also not organized and they can loose files and notes very easily. The doctor was great, but that only after jumping hoops. So basically if you have the time to wait and deal with the staff and their rudeness, then he is the doctor for you.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 2598136
23/03/13 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr Mittleman four years, my B/P was so high when I went to him and he said I'm going to get that pressure down, he was so gentle and kind, never rushed me, very attentive to what I had to say. I never have to wait any more than about 5 to 10 mins before I'm called in. I like him because he don't just give me a bunch of meds to take, only what I really need, and my B/P is under 120/70 and I feel very comfortable with him as my Dr. Thank you Dr. Mittleman and Blessings to you. I like the Staff very much. I was very sad when I thought he was not going to be with UCLA any more , I really didn't want to change to another Dr. I'm thankful that it's all worked out. Thank God for that.  Respond
RID: 2412523
28/08/12 2 2 3 3 I had the worst experience with this doctor. Rude staff and long wait times. The doctor did some blood work. Also I have a hip problem for which I needed a specialist referral. I called the office every day for 3 weeks. The receptionist had a standard line - 'leave a number where he could call you back'. Never called. I checked with my insurance and no claim was filed from his office! Waste of my time.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1543053
21/09/11 5 4 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Mittleman for the past 8-9 years. He is very caring and attentive, takes he's time to explain things so I understand and feel comfortable. He has a great sense of humor and does not rush you like any other Dr. He does return calls, he is the best Dr. ever!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1404592
02/04/11 3 5 5 5 Dr. Mittleman is friendly, non-threatening, never condescending, and he does not lecture you. He also is extremely thorough when interviewing you about your health situation. He has an excellent bedside manner and will even talk about subjects other than your health to put you at ease. I recommend him highly, and I am one of those people who hates going to the doctor. Staff is only a C+/B-. They're reasonably friendly but they won't be winning any customer service awards. No matter. You don't go to the doctor to chit chat with medical assistants. If it's been a long time since you've seen an MD, go ahead and make an appointment with him. He won't even lecture you about that!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1308506
06/12/10 5 3 5 5 Dr. Mittleman has been my primary physician for many years. He is extremely knowledgeable, listens very attentively, and encourages questions. I have had three excellent Doctors in my 52 years. All three were from UCLA and include Dr. Mittleman.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1157865
27/04/10 5 4 5 5 I've been Dr. Mittleman for years. He's very attentive to his patients and always takes his time with his patients. He will always return calls no matter how late the day is if you are not feeling well and overall the best Dr. I've ever had.  Respond
RID: 900683
30/05/09 4 5 5 5 This man had the patience of a saint when he took care of both my Wife & i from 2004-07. We both had multiple problems & he was able to take care of ALL of our needs on sometimes short notice. He took his time with us & was just as much a practical psych doc as well as medical. He's a RARE FIND & WE MISS HIM since we moved to Seattle! Has his office since moved?
RID: 338447
05/06/07 4 1 2 Very poor. I took my uncle to him and he was rude, very short and completely unconcerned. After telling him he had terrible back pain he never looked at his back. He also did not return calls and left him in terrible pain over 5 days with no follow up call. When someone finally called it wasn't even him. Even then they didn't do anything about the pain situation. By the time he called we had already had to admit my uncle to the hospital, he had 4 collapsed vertebra in this back! The office staff was also rude and unhelpful. I have never seen a doctor like this before and was very angered at the way he treated a dying 94 year old man.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 53952
01/11/06 5 5 4 Very caring and helpful! I had a BMI of 41 and he didn't jump down my throat about my weight. He actualy helped me discover that I had a thyroid issue and have successfully lost 50 pounds so far! He takes his time and listens to everything you have to say. I am so glad I have found him for a doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 48249
29/09/06 4 5 5 Dr. Mittleman never makes you feel rushed and is truly concerned about his patients. He takes all the time you need to tell him what you need help with. The best doctor I've ever had. Been a patient of his for about 7 years. Would refer him to anyone!
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 35038
08/07/06 4 5 5 Dr Mittleman is an excellent MD. He is caring and compassionate. He is very down to earth, yet very knowledgable. He is very good at returning calls. He does not allow himself to be bullied by the HMOs and will be on your side and do what's right for you as a patient. Once in the office, waiting times are minimal (you are usually called within 10 minuites of arrival). We live in the San Gabriel Valley and the travel all the way to Culver City is well worth it.