Rate Dr. William H. Ludlam

Dr. William H. Ludlam's Ratings

I drove over 8 hours to see Ludlam and his NP and was higly disappointed. From the beginning they tried to pressure me into surgery for a pituitary tumor, however when I attempted to ask questions Ludlam seemed to have no answeres which was quite alarming. On top of this they pressured me to up my prednisone and also repeatedly made rude and hurtful comments about my weight (which is odd considering prednisone causes weight gain). When I told them I didn't think it would be a good idea to have my cortisol measured after a car accident (b/c it would be heightened) I ended up getting pressured into it anyways. I always felt like money mattered more than I did as a patient. I would not recommend seeing this man or their practice in general.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2148501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2013

I did not have a good experience with this group. They were very attentive when they were trying and signing me up for surgery. Then, it became difficult to get them to answer emails or phone messages. They also have a very interesting policy of asking your PCP to write scripts or request tests/referrals that they have suggested/requested. This policy puts your PCP in a very awkward position, as they aren't the referring physician. They also didn't like my original endo, and told me I couldn't see them if I wanted be treated by their group. I found this horribly unethical. I should have taken a hint from this, but was so desperate for a solution to my problem. When I questioned Dr.Ludlam about the probability of cure, % of chance of complications he threatened not to treat me?!?The group also didn't share all of the potential side effects following surgery. They also seemed not to know that some of the signs I was exhibiting were signs of the disease I had. Very weird doc.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2148502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2011

I was referred to him by my endo for a pituitary tumor. Very good experience all around. I am now receiving several hormone replacements and feel much better. I see his nurse practitioner at this point and travel 500 miles for my appointments. Swedish Pituitary Center also has the newest technology in MRI for pituitary tumors. Would highly recommend seeing him for pituitary tumors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2148500].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2011

Good with Cushing's. Not so good with Cushing's if you don't fit a specific profile. Curve balls seem to throw him for a loop. Good doctor though.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2148499].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

Dr. Ludlam is amazing. After 5 or 6 local endos I traveled across the country to meet with him. He's a nice man and a brilliant doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2148498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2007

Very Helpful and Knowledgeable about unusual and rare diseases. Good Listener.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2148497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2006

Excellent endo who really knows his stuff. Not afraid to run tests and experiment. Highly recommend! Has a great support staff, too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2148496].votes_count ]]