Rate Dr. Dale D. Shahan

Dr. Dale D. Shahan's Ratings

I work customer service so it's my job to talk all day. I have reasons to give a low rating. The good part. The surgery so far was done well. There are no compilations. It's been about 2 weeks. Onto the bad. I met the doctor the day of surgery for less than a minute before I was put under. The lady at the front desk got the dates wrong on my work excuse and was rude when I pointed it out. I asked if he could include in the note that I couldn't work for more than a regular 8 hour shift for a month or so until it's healed. He said no because the surgery had nothing to do with that, which doesn't make sense since he told me he cut the muscle from my jaw and stitched it back on. I'd never taken codeine and I'm allergic to vicodin and they refused to let me gave percocet as a back up. Ended up 24 his wo pain meds, had to go back and get percocet. They never went over charges to my credit card ever and doctor never asked if I had questions and left room before I could ask any.

Submitted July 26, 2013 | flag

This oral surgeon has extracted 4 of my teeth on 4 occasions over the last 2 1/2 years. Each time he used a local. Never any problems during the office visit. No problems requiring a followup visit. I was even telephoned the following day asking how the recovery was progressing. If you must have a tooth extracted, this is the professional that I will use in the future and I would recommend him to anyone. The cost of the service was also reasonable. The charge for each visit (each time the dentist utilized two assistants during the procedure and stitches were required) was less than my regular dentist charged for a tooth extraction (with one assistant and no stitches).

Submitted Dec. 1, 2011 | flag