Dr. Federico G. Seifarth

Rate Dr. Federico G. Seifarth

Dr. Federico G. Seifarth's Ratings

A couple years ago I got sent to the Cleveland Clinic for emergency surgery. No one knew what was wrong with me but I was on my death bed. I went from Medina County Hospital, to Fairview Hospital, and then rushed to Cleveland. I was only 13 years old and he saved my life. I won't say what was wrong with me because it's very rare, and still embarrassing to me. It's not ssomething he normally deals with but he still changed everything. Since he was sucha fgreat Doctor I wanted him to do my other surgery I had to have in the future because of my problem. Of course, I was still young and my other Doctor sent me to Cincinnati Childrens Hospital because that Doctor specializes in it. He is the reason I am still here today, he is the reason I get to grow up and have a future, he is the reason I decided to major in nursing. I want to know how he feels everyday when he saves someone's life, I want to know how he feels when he changes people's lives. He is the best surgeon ever and I could never thank him enough for what he did. This world needs more people out there like him and that's what I inspire to be. I know he most likely doesn't see these comments, but if he does I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much for changing my life and helping me figure out what I want to do with my life. Thank you, even though he may not remember who I am I will never forget the Guardian Angel I encountered when faced with life or death.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2644952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2014

After having abdominal pain sporadically for over a year, my 18yo began having almost continual pain that was worsening. After many tests that were all normal, we were desperate for someone to just confirm the suspected diagnosis of chronic appendicitis. After even more tests were scheduled, we pleaded for a consult with a surgeon. With Dr. Seifarth, we went from a nurse consult to a diagnosis to scheduled surgery in less than an hour. We were tremendously relieved that Dr. Seifarth was confident that these chronic appendicitis symptoms would be helped by an appendectomy. Upon further examination, he felt that her gall bladder could be an issue. A test confirmed his suspicions, and her gall bladder was removed as well. She was pain free 5 days post surgery. What a relief! I hope other parents looking for help and hope are able to have Dr. Seifarth examine their child. Not all doctors understand chronic appendicitis, but this one does and he knows how to help. He also has an excellent bedside manner with kids, and provides a thorough explanation to parents.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2637525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2014

My daughter who was very sick with intestinal problems and back in my hometown the doctors told us that she was out of shape. Very disgusted with their responses, we decided to go to the Cleveland clinic. Our first impression of Dr Seifath was wonderful. He acknowledged my daughter has a patient and quickly diagnosed her. Within 2 weeks she had surgery and everything went well. He is a wonderful doctor with excellent bedside manners and compassionate . Surgery was May 2014.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2630989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

I brought my daughter to Dr. Seifarth after dealing with horrible belly pains for 8 months. Other doctors told me she was faking it and it was IBS. After listening to everything and looking her over, he knew exactly what was wrong. My daughter needed her appendix out right away! I felt very comfortable with Dr. Seifarth because he explained everything that would happen to both myself and my daughter. Since the surgery, my daughter has been pain free and back to her bouncy self. If you are looking for a surgeon and have any worries, look no further. You will love him as much as we did!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][207102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

He is one of the best drs we have had when dealing with out 18 month old son. He is very good at explaining everything and making sure your understand the situation. He has a comical side that is a great relief when dealing with the surgeries in children but the day of surgery he is all business. He was able to keep my son from having another surgery by catching and fixing something another surgeon didn't while my son was on the operating table. I would recommend him to anyone and wouldn't see anyone else if the need would arise again!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][207101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

He is wonderful! We received horrible news about our 5 month old and Dr. Seifarth changed the situation by telling us exactly what he thought was wrong. He explained everything to us before her emergency surgery and even had the nurse call us once the procedure began so we knew exactly what was wrong. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a surgeon for their child.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][207100].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

Dr. Seifarth is the most amazing doctor I have ever met. I am 22 years old but saw Dr. Seifarth because of my intestinal history. He worked very well with me even though I am out of his normal age range. He was extremely informative, knowledgable, helpful and honest. He took lots of time to talk with me and explain things, and I was in for surgery within 2 weeks of seeing him. The day of surgery he again took the time to explain everything in detail and what to expect after surgery. Dr. Seifarth is very compassionate and just a wonderful all around person. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][207099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

Dr. Seifarth exceeded our expectations when operating on our 3 month old. He made one of the hardest days of my life as comfortable and reassuring as possible. My son was not in pain when we got home. I highly recommend Dr. Seifarth!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][207098].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

wonderful- educated- personable- great bed side manner- great w kids

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][207097].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2011

Wonderful at taking the time to fully explain procedures to the parents and to the child in a way that is non-threatening and informative! Would definitely recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][207096].votes_count ]]