Rate Dr. PETER E. Legnani

Dr. PETER E. Legnani's Ratings

I will be honest, the only reason I am even filling this out is because of the comment submitted on May 15th. I couldn't agree LESS with this. I have been going to Dr. Legnani for over 2 years, after finding that my Dr. at the time just wasn't helping me. Dr. Legnani was my life saver. He found things my other Dr. never saw, changed my medication, helped me get through flare ups, and when surgery became necessary, he came to see me DAILY for 2 weeks while I was in the hospital recovering. The longest I have ever waited in his waiting room was 10 minutes, his staff is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful to any questions I have when I call in, and they are prompt in getting me lab results and prescription refills. I have also never got the feeling that Dr. Legnani was "overwhelmed" He never rushes me, always answers my questions, and when I call in with questions, I get my answers in a timely fashion. I would rate him 6 stars if I could.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2523465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

You're (literally) taking your life into your hands dealing with this practice group. I'm a full-time professional and interact with doctors periodically for various personal and family issues. I dealt with Dr. Legnani for over 2 years before simply deciding to move on - in 17 years of living in New York, I've never had a worst medical experience. Dr. Legnani, himself, is a very nice individual but seems a bit overwhelmed. His office staff could not be more unprofessional or less caring. Wait times in the office are regularly over an hour. Getting lab results (even, once, in connection with a cancer scare) have involved my family proactively trying to call the office and pleading for help. In the end. I felt as if I hadn't gained any meaningful insight about my medical condition. This is New York City medical care at its worst.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2459322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Misdiagnosed my infected gallbladder as heartburn. Ignored my calls after ending up in the ER. Suffered needlessly for weeks. Finally found a new doctor and was perfectly diagnosed within 5 minutes of meeting me. Legnani also had no concern for my Crohn's flare up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1972125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2014

I really like Dr. Legnani, but I'm looking for a new dr. He is very knowledgeable, good at diagnosis and prescription. But he does not communicate clearly or fully enough. After many appointments I discovered that I didn't know how long to take a prescription, what changes to expect, or under what conditions I should come back to see him. He seems to expect that I'll do my own research. It's true that every phone call to his office starts with 10 minutes on hold, but once you are in the office the staff are very nice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1972124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2013

terrific---cares--smart-- is interested in solving problems---diagnosed my stomach ailment---cured me

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1972123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2013

Dr legnani has changed my life and saved from from suffering. I found him to be a very atentive copasoniate man who cares about his patients.He answered all my questions and put me at ease knowing he was going to help me. I have been suffering from ulcerative colitis after one visit he knew just what I needed to regian my life.His office staff were pleasant and helpful as well.Recommened to me by another person who suffered and went from doctor to doctor until they found the help they needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1972122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

Dr Legnani seemed good at first and showed what I thought was genuine interest in patient care. As related by other reviewers, his staff is well, horrible. They are not knowledgable on simple protocols like faxing a prescription nor do they have the courtesy to follow-up on matters with patients. My efforts to get Dr Legnani to intercede have not been fruitful. It appears he does not utilize email or has ignored several of my emails, I suspect the latter. I will find a new doctor who knows how to manage a practice. This is simply unacceptable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1972121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2013

The worse staff ever. I tried to call the office for a week and was put on hold for ever. Dr. Legnani is the best doctor. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1972120].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2013

HORRIBLE STAFF!!!!!!!!!!! You get put on hold ANY TIME you call. For 10 minutes at a time. I've been to the office; they're not doing anything that justifies this either. As for the doctor, Dr Legnani is a great guy, great doctor, and very helpful. His business suffers because of his lazy and inconsiderate staff, though.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1972119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2012

I have been to so many doctor I can't count! Dr Legnani is not only the nicest but he was the first doctor that figured out what was going on after 5 years of being in the hospital with blockages every other week. I highly recommend him. I have had crohns disease for 14 years and thanks to him I feel like a new person. His office is over 2 hours from my home but for him I would drive 10 hours! Thank you so much for giving me a life back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1972118].votes_count ]]