Dr. Tirso Del Junco

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 21/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Tirso Del Junco has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

14/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9
RID: 3649765
07/01/14 5 5 5 5 The night before my wife was scheduled to have a hysterectomy, we changed our minds and decided to make an appt with Dr Del Junco to hear about his alternative.. and so glad we did. wow. It truly is the best decision we've ever made.. My wife had severe pain from adenomyosis and endometriosis and I don't know how much longer she could've gone on..seriously. Dr Del Junco fixed everything with the surgery. She truly has her life back, has all of her female organs and isn't on any medication or hormones. Truly a miracle which is why I'm writing this.. how often do you hear about complications from hysterectomy? So, so common.. hormone issues, need ovaries taken out, lingering pain.. I hope people can read this and at least give Dr Del Junco a chance. He spent something like two hours with us on the initial consult. What doctor does that these days?? Hard to get two minutes let alone two hours. Read his website thoroughly and hear what he has to say; so glad that we did..hope you do too!
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $1500
RID: 3592598
31/10/13 1 3 1 4 I had myomectomy with del Junco for fibroid removal. He was extremely rude, egotistical and inappropriate. He told me not to ask questions and "be more like a patient". He said I would have problems after surgery simply because I was medical professional. He was always negative and rude when speaking with me. He didn't appear until 2 days after surgery, though I was having severe reactions to medications and in great pain. When he arrived, he didn't ask how I was feeling, instead he was exclaiming pride in how many tumors he'd removed. He did not do ultrasound prior to surgery, as other surgeons would have. If he had told me there were so many tumors, I never would have done his procedure. You can't cut 100's of tumors from a uterus, put it back in, and expect it to function normally. That is just practicing bad medicine. He is knowledgeable, yes. He may even be skilled. But his ego gets in the way of sensitivity and good communication. I would never recommend him as a doctor.  Respond

22/06/12 SYSTEM: Last Name changed from "Del Junco, Jr." to "Del Junco"
RID: 1773930
21/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Del Junco is a FANTASTIC Doctor, Person and Contributor to all women suffering from fibroid tumors, ovarian cysts, endometriosis and adenomyosis and I had them all. He so strongly believes in the preservation of female organs, which helped make my decision for me. He's not only very skilled, knowledgeable &informative but is also very compassionate! He and Patricia gave me as much time as I needed during the initial consultation, pre surgery & my follow up visit post surgery to ask questions.Everything was fully explained with no surprises! In fact, he knew my condition so well that I was amazed and enlightened.The care and concern extend beyond the post-op as it's been 1 1/2 yrs since my surgery and the communication continues.I live in Arizona and had researched doctors all over the world and I clearly know I found the best of the best in the the field. Thank you Dr. del Junco and Patricia for giving me my life back!You are truly a GODSEND!!
RID: 1488389

16/07/11 3 3 1 2 Dr. Del Junco is not what I had hoped for. Temple Hospital is a TERRIBLY old and antiquated hosptial, I hated staying there. After my surgery for endometriosis while in the hospital, I told the doctor that I could not take Darvocet as I had a bad reaction. He refused to give me a different pain med acting like I was crazy. I threw up on the meds after a full abdominal laparotomy. Not cool. The endometriosis and endometriomas came back within months and I was in terrible pain again. I went back to him hoping for help. He said we would have to have a come to Jesus talk and then told me a story of one of his patients that was making herself believe she was in pain because she was hooked on painkillers. Really? I haven't heard of too many cases of magically being cured after endometriosis excision...it GROWS back. I felt dismissed, humiliated and abandoned by the man I trusted with my body and my $25,000 cash payment. Don't trust this guy for endometriosis treatment. Not compassionate.  See Responses
RID: 1296767
18/11/10 5 5 5 5 My experience from the first call to the doctor's office to my post-surgical care, was indeed CARE!! Commitment, passion, compassion, and expert medical/surgical skills has allowed whole health...mind, body, and spirit. I am truly grateful to and for Dr. Del Junco.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1267466
07/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Del Junco offers a wonderful contribution to all women suffering from fibroid tumors, ovarian cysts, endometriosis and adenomyosis. The fact that he so strongly believes in the preservation of female organs, made me realize that there was something special about him. He's highly skilled at what he does, which put me at ease in knowing that I could fully trust him to remove my fibroids. He gave me as much time as I needed (during the initial consultation pre surgery & my follow up visit post surgery) to ask questions. I really appreciated this as I had a lot! :) He was also very good pre surgery about explaining my condition in terms that I could understand and was very honest about my options for having children or not. I live in San Francisco and many friends / family wondered why I chose to have my surgery in LA as opposed to SF. My simple response would always be that I felt that I had found the best in the field. Thank you Dr. del Junco from the bottom of my heart!!  Respond
RID: 1256615
22/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tirso del Junco gave me my life back! He removed 279 fibroids and left my reproductive organs intact. His unique technique is unmatched. His knowledge and professionalism are unparalleled. I cannot give Dr. del Junco and his team enough praise for all that they've done for me and my life. Thank you! CR-Los Angeles
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

22/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1223631
06/08/10 1 5 2 2 HealthNet HMO. The lady who answers the phone doesn't give a good impression of the doctor. In person she's nice but I've talked to her several times and she cuts me off and comes off as rude. I went to see Tirso Del Junco, Jr for a lump I have in my breast. He felt it and scheduled an appointment. Later after doing research I found that this is not protocol procedure there are several diagnostic test that can be done in a lump. Women can potentially have many and not all need to be taken out. I've called the office to know more about how he came to his conclusion. I don't want to challenge him, I just want piece of mind. I also didn't want to pay out of pocket to see another doctor but since the office lady is not letting me through to him. I have scheduled to see another doctor for a second opinion.  Respond
RID: 606929
04/06/08 1 5 1 1 Doctor's nurse was rude & ignorant when asked detailed questions about how this 'female alternative sugery' would affect sexual health. Doctor had no data on effects on sexual health (although 1000 surgeries performed). Sad! I suffer now in that respect. Greatly!!! He did a follow-up sugery without telling me there would be a scar below the belly button. (He said the 2nd surgery would be THROUGH the bellow button) But: He makes a vertical cut of 1 inch or longer BELOW the naval, visible forever. I called 3 of my original references back, and he had not told 2 out of 3 of them either, so it seems common practice to 'not tell about the scar' beforehand. When I asked for transcripts, they were sent, according to the office staff, but never arrived at my place. So I wonder - where did my personal medical info end up? When the office staff resend the transcripts, they envelope was not glued shut. This office is run like a factory - get in line and be happy with doc's routines, or else...  See Responses
RID: 241497
29/03/07 5 5 5 I read Dr. del Junco's website thoroughly, and all of these comments here, and searched extensively through Google to see if there were any negative comments anywhere about him. I couldn't find any. I made the decision to travel out-of-state to receive Dr. del Junco's one-of-a-kind surgery. I no longer "need" my reproductive organs... that is, if pregnancy and childbirth are the only reasons to have them. But I learned from the doctor's website that there are MANY more reasons to keep your uterus and ovaries in order to maintain optimal health. In my heart, I wanted to keep them if possible, so it was a miracle to find the ONE doctor in the United States who helps women do that. I had terrible back and pelvic pain prior to my surgery, and now, with a large cyst and many fibroids removed, but with uterus and ovaries intact, I am free of pain. Dr. del Junco LISTENS TO and truly values women. He is a healer on many levels, and I enthusiastically recommend his female alternative surgery.  See Responses
RID: 58610
24/11/06 5 5 5 In addition to being highly skilled and competent, Dr. Del Junco listened to my complaints and explained in plain English why I was experiencing certain symptoms, what his recommended procedure would be, and actually wanted to help me restore my normal health, rather than scare or intimidate me into an unnecessary hysterectomy. His nurse Patti is also incredibly knowledgeable and very willing to help in whatever way she can to make everything go smoothly. The procedure and recovery have gone exactly as they stated and in less than 6 weeks I am getting back to my old self. As far as punctuality, he was late in keeping with my first appointment, not because he was not in the office, but because he was unwilling to scoot the patient before me out the door. When my turn came to speak with him he gave me the same consideration and did not make any attempt to end the appointment until both my husband and I had all our questions answered. He was the answer to a prayer!
RID: 57410
20/11/06 5 5 5 I JUST WANT SAY TO DR. DEL JUNCO WAS VERY NICE.HE EXPLAINED AND ANSWERED ALL OF MY QUESTIONS THOROUGHLY. I WAS A LITTLE WORRIED, WHEN HE SHOWED UP A LITTLE LATE FOR MY POST-OP VISIT HOWEVER HE MADE IN TIME AND I DID GET TO CATCH MY EARLY FLIGHT HOME WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.
See Responses
RID: 50985
17/10/06 5 5 5 After years of interviewing uncaring, sometimes hostile doctors and searching for something that would save me from a hysterctomy I found Dr. Del Junco and his wonderful Institute for Femal Alternative Medicine (FAS). From the moment I spoke with his co-ordinating R.N. Patricia, I knew I had finally found what I had been looking for. All questions were answered tirelessly. The Doctor went into great depth discussing the mechanics of the uterus and explaining what each of my symptoms told him of my illness and how this would orchestrate the surgery. I felt as though I was being included, for the first time, in the recovery of my own health. There were no unpleasant surprises along the way. I knew exactly what would happen at each step and the end result was amazing. Dr. Del Junco is truely a visionary in his field and my rapid recovery attests to his surgical skills as well.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 48820
04/10/06 5 5 5 Thanks to God there is Dr. Del Junco. My wife has her life back. Thank you Patricia. Thank you everyone at Temple Hospital. Clear and excellent commuication with Dr. and staff before, during and after surgery alleviated almost all of my anxiety. Dr. Del Junco is an inventor, communicator, surgeon, team leader and man of the highest order. Thank you.
Paid (or co-pay): $6000
RID: 48438
02/10/06 4 5 5 I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. del Junco, Jr. and his staff. For the first time, after months of searching, I finally found a doctor and team that provided the solution to my condition/symptons. The procedure and care were exactly as described. Dr. del Junco is very knowledgable, thorough and has a wonderful bedside manner; Patti and Heidi are pleasant, informative and excellent at follow up and follow through. I feel so much better than before and have no regrets in selecting Dr. Tirso del Junco, Jr. My only regret is that I didn't find him sooner.
RID: 48337
01/10/06 5 5 5 Dr. Del Junco, Jr and his nurse, Patti was dynamite. Dr. Del Junco, Jr was very knowledgeable and understanding of my fibroids, endometriosis, and adenomyosis. He took the time out to listen to all the years of pain that I endured, and he also reassured me that I will feel much better after my procedure. He gave me all the facts that also included the risks of my problem, but he also was honest. He performed my surgery and made me feel at ease by reassuring me that he performaned numerous surgeries, and I feel feel like a new woman after my procedure. His nurse, Patti was also very informative and very patient. Patti is one of the best nurses that I came across and both, Dr. Junco and Patti makes a great team. They gave other alternatives other than performing a hystorectomy. I was told from numerous doctors that there was no hope for me, but Dr. Junco and Patti gave me insight and hope and I want to thank both of you for allowing me to live a pain free life. God bless
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 47883
27/09/06 5 5 5 Dr. del Junco was very reassuring with the knowledge he had about what needed to be done. His confidence also helped me to just know that I was doing what would be best for me. I truly thank God for leading me to Dr. del Junco's website. I know that God has blessed Dr. del Junco's with the skills and ablility to help women who suffer from problems similar to mine (Fibroid tumors, heavy bleeding).
RID: 47879
27/09/06 5 5 5 I am not in the habit of giving commendation to MD's as generally I am not satisfied. My experience with Dr. Del Junco is the exact opposite of the experiences I have had previously with other allopathic doctors. I found him extremely knowledgeable, warm, punctual, and something most unusual these days...a man of great conviction and courage. If there was any doctor in the world that I would trust with my life or the lives of those I love it would be Dr. Del Junco. This man turned my life around and spared me a life of pain and debilitating female problems. After undergoing his hysterectomy alternative surgery, I can say I have my life back. His staff was outstanding as well and all were extremely helpful not only with my healthcare but in working with my insurance company. This man is a true doctor and a gift to all of us women who do not wish to participate in unneccessary hysterectomies. I wish all doctors could rise to his level of expertise and human compassion.
Paid (or co-pay): $1700
RID: 47862
27/09/06 5 5 5 Dr. del Junco was the best. He answered all questions I had before and after my surgery. I feel I received the best possible care for my condition. He gave me all the info I needed prior to my surgery including all worst case scenarios. His staff is also great. They make themselves available and help out with anything you need. And they also don't forget about you once you have your surgery. The Dr and his staff want you to keep in touch. All in all everything went great, I could not have asked for more.
RID: 34722

05/07/06 3 3 3 wants $5,300. up front in addition to my insurance for his professional surgial services
* - Rating left by a registered user