Rate Dr. R. Marvin Royster

Dr. R. Marvin Royster's Ratings

Dr. Royster did my knee surgery several years ago and if I could go back in time and change one thing in my life, it would be to not have had that surgery. Dr. Royster never sent me to physical therapy and I feel that he knowledge was lacking in my experience. I even went to another orthopedic in Atlanta and he was shocked about my situation. Would not recommend at all.

Submitted April 9, 2014 | flag

Outstanding Doctor and human being! He did major hip surgery on my wife and knee surgery on my son!! He made a difficult time much, much easier! Outstanding surgeon!

Submitted Aug. 8, 2013 | flag

Dr. Royster is one of the most knowledgeable, skilled, kind and compassionate physicians you will ever meet, as well as a genuinely kind and good man. Unfortunately, you will have to deal with his office staff, which leaves much to be desired. They treat you like a nuisance and if you have complications, as I did, you'll be fortunate indeed to get in front of Dr. Royster before they worsen. It's a pity such a fine man and skilled physician has the likes of Deborah and Carrie running the show.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2013 | flag

staff poor, sorry,realypoor dr debra runs this office period

Submitted Aug. 1, 2012 | flag

Dr. Royster did more damage than good in a total knee replacement. Need to have revision by another Surgeon. Not Recommended.

Submitted July 19, 2012 | flag

I have had two knee replacements by Dr. Royster and I couldn't be happier with the results. He is personable, knowledgeable, caring and passionate about his work.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2011 | flag

Replaced both knees in '97, one shoulder in '07, one knee broke in '07, and has been replaced multiple times due to infections and excessive fluid production of my body, in fact my knee had to be drained weekly for nearly a year due to that fluid, which was taken care of by Dr. Royster at no cost to me. When I had a cardiac arrest and pneumonia, he even graciously stopped by my room every morning before his normal duties, just to check on me. WHAT A GOOD GUY. I wouldn't let anyone else cut on me. It is unbelieveable that somebody would have a bad experience such as the one below, because this man is so professional in his procedures that I won't believe he never xrayed a broken arm. I continue to see him to this day, and am very well pleased with my knees and shoulders. So are the many sports, TV, and radio personalities that he sees. Chipper Jones even said his name on TV last year when he injured his ankle. CARRY ON "DOC" YOU ARE THE BEST.

Submitted June 17, 2011 | flag

Dr Royster is the best!! I have been seeing him for 10 years now. You cannot ask for a better doctor who cares about you as the person. He will forgo lunch just to check in on patients...how do I know, it was lunch time when he visited me after my full knee replacement. He also removed a bone spur from my husband's knee. My husband has his golf swing back without pain! I am surprised to see the negative comments as well. The staff is definitely could improve on their bedside manner....but I prefer to muddle thru them rather than go to anyone else. You can't go wrong with Dr Royster at your side.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2010 | flag

There isn't a finer Orthopedic out there. As for his staff, he needs to seriously consider getting new people in there that don't make you feel like your a pain in the ass to them. When you call in with a problem they take forever to get back to you and I honestly feel that the message doesn't get to him. When they do call you back with an answer it sounds made up or I don't have full confidence on what they are telling me. I have been a patient of his for a very long time and would never consider going nowhere else. But due to his staff, I am seriously considering a different Orthopedic.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2009 | flag

What an outstanding doctor and person! Dr. Royster goes out of his way to make sure he spends plenty of time with each patient (which is why he is usually running behind). He is very thorough in his explanations and has a genuine concern for his patients. I consider him a friend as well as my doctor and would recommend him to anyone needing an orthopaedic doctor/surgeon.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2009 | flag