Dr. Antonio B. Cifelli

Foreign Lang: Italian

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 26/07/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 16 reviews. Dr. Antonio B. Cifelli has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

10/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.2
RID: 1574948
31/10/11 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient for Dr. Cifelli for 28 years so far... He is not only an excellent physician he cares about your life and what you are dealing with out side of his office. He tells me I am one of his problem child . He asks me "what did you do now" I do not think I can explain how wonderful he is Doctor and friend.  Respond

RID: 1172805
19/05/10 1 4 5 5 My husband and I and our three adult children have gone to Dr. Cifelli for many years. We would not consider going to another doctor. He is an excellent diagnostician but beyond that he really knows his patients. They are not just the "next chart" to be read. He takes time with his patients; he listens to them. We do not like his partner but I am not evaluating him. Dr. Cifelli is the best doctor we have ever had. In fact, we lived out of state, a five hour drive away, for several years and any time we had a serious health concern we traveled back to NJ to consult with Dr. Cifelli. And yes, he does a great job drawing blood and does EKG's in his office himself.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1172628
19/05/10 2 3 5 5 Dr. Cifelli is an old school dr. He puts the chart down, looks you in the eye and asks what brout you in today. Draws his own blood, which he does very well, takes BP, the whole deal. Answers any question, even general medical questions, does EKGs right there in the office, no reason to go anywhere else. His partner and staff are another story...but I have read the other reviews so no need to pile on...
RID: 1104236
12/02/10 1 3 3 3 the worse staff behind the counter! I am no longer a patient due to the rude staff.  Respond
RID: 934801
12/07/09 2 5 5 5 It is with pleasure that I rate Dr Cifelli! When I moved to the area, we wondered if we would be able to "replace" the excellent doc we had in VA. Dr Cifelli has turned out to be another excellent doc! I recommend him wholeheartedly!
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 709199
24/10/08 2 3 5 5 Dr. Cifelli's staff is horrible and grossly negligent at times. I've had lab reports placed in my chart BEFORE the Dr. has been able to review them, consequently leaving ME the one to have to follow-up with him on results. It's been brought to his attention but the same people remain there. Also the staff is extremely rude and uncooperative when needing referals, etc. They rather fight with you than listen to you and refuse to let you speak with the physician. This office needs PROFESSIONAL people *read- Nurses!! I ADORE Dr. Cifelli though. He is quite knowledgeable and spends a great deal of time with you and really listens to your concerns and is always willing to teach and share his knowledge when needed. But BEWARE of his staff. You really have to be proactive when dealing with them. 'Nuff said.
RID: 663578
13/08/08 1 3 5 5 I have gone to Dr Cifelli for many years for various small ailments and Physicals but this year I actually became quite sick with a respiratory ailment. Dr. Cifelli was booked so I had to see his partner who recommended that I hydrate myself. When I became increasing ly ill and could not breathe, I called the office for a follow up and was told I would have to wait 6 days for an appointment. I explained that I couldn't breathe and had already been to see the doctor and was becoming more ill. The receptionist just said "sorry, the first appointment isn't available for 6 days"!! I was forced to go to the hospital emergency room where I was diagnosed with pneumonia and it took several weeks to recover. If I had waited for the next appointment, I may not have made it! It's wrong for a receptionist to make the call on a long time patient's follow-up to a previous visit. They have no training and could have cost me my life! Dr. Cifelli, lose the staff or you will lose patients!!
Paid (or co-pay): $100
RID: 661063
10/08/08 5 5 5 5 Broad knowledge base. Excellent at thinking outside the box. Open to patient input with active listening skills. Never hesitant to reach out for specialist feedback when needed. A very relaxed yet extremely efficient office team...the way a doctor's office use to be....meant in a good way. Finally, a good sense of humor, but where you are NEVER the butt of that humor.
RID: 632122
07/07/08 1 1 2 2 The office staff alone will leave you running for opposite direction. I have never seen a more miserable group of women. To make matters worse, I haven't found either of these doctors helpful or knowledgeable. No matter what ailment you come in for, you will undoubtedly get the same advice. If you walk in with a raging fever and pneumonia, you will most likely be told to lose weight and eat watermelon for a month. Broken bone perhaps? Ditto, lose weight and watermelon. These two need to start LISTENING to their patients and use the little knowledge they have to come to a diagnosis. After being a patient for years, my tolerance level for stupidity has diminished and my willingness to listen to either of them argue their beliefs just for the sake of argument has led me to take my business elsewhere.  Respond
RID: 597050
19/05/08 2 4 4 4   Respond
RID: 413640
17/09/07 2 3 5 5 Dr. Cifelli is as professional as they come. He listens, is helpful and pro-active. He has been my doctor for 18 years and has never steered me wrong. Just a little busy, because good doctors always are...His staff may be a bit overworked, but they try. Overall, I think he's a wonderful asset to the medical community.
RID: 390790
23/08/07 1 5 5 5 I've been to many doctors and Dr. Cifelli takes the cake. In this day, most doctors have a revolving door with patients. Dr. Cifelli actually took the time to get to know me. Rare..and he is a very nice man who knows his stuff. I felt very at ease with him and so happy I found him. HOWEVER...the staff that works for him is some of the meanest, rudest and most unprofessional woman I have ever seen. If you read this Dr. Cifelli please look into getting a staff that is helpful and understanding to your patients. I am literally afraid to call you office.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 360495
06/07/07 4 3 4 4 Dr Cifelli is a very nice guy, I always feel that he takes the time to listen, which is hard to find these days. His office staff on the other hand, isn't the nicest. I dread calling the office or interacting with most of them. If Dr Cifelli wasn't so nice, caring, and knowledageable, the terrible office staff would be the reason to go somewhere else. I think they are forgetting the patients are the reason they have their job...  Respond
RID: 75403
02/01/07 4 4 5 Dr. Cifelli is very nice, courteous and knowledgeable.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 37920
27/07/06 5 5 5 Dr. Cifelli and his partner are amazing. It's his receptionists that need help. I've never delt with a more disrespectful bunch of crabby women in my life. For how genuine and helpful Dr. Cifelli is, I canNOT believe the service patients face when they walk through the door or call the office. Dr. Cifelli, if you read this, investigate other options because today you lost four of your long time patients because we're done dealing with the BS at the front door.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 34497
03/07/06 4 5 5 There may sometimes be a wait time of 15 minutes or so, but that is because Dr. Cifelli always takes his time and makes you feel like you are his only patient, which is something hard to find these days. He's been our family Dr for a few years and we have found that in the end, after diagnostic tests, his diagnosis is always correct. His (new) office staff is friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate for a second to recommend him. We're not nearly as fond of his partner, but others do like him and in a pinch he's ok.