Dr. Maria M. Damian-Coleman

Grad. Year: 2005

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Maria M. Damian-Coleman has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5596977
03/07/14 5 5 5 5 I went to Dr Damian after having a bad experience at another doctor. Dr Damian is so nice and so helpful, I absolutely love her. I highly recommend her. She was very knowledgable and extremely helpful. Her office staff is also amazing. Everyone was so nice, cheerful, and extreme helpful.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 5489697
22/05/14 5 5 5 5 I followed Dr. Damian to her new office (the staff is really great) and would follow her where ever she goes. She is the best! Very patient, kind, takes her time and explains everything thoroughly. I have recommended friends and would recommend her without hesitation!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 5489560
22/05/14 5 5 5 5 DR MARIA DAMIAN IS KIND AND MAKES YOU FEEL VERY SPECIAL, TAKES HER TIME WITH HER PATIENTS, AND REALLY LISTENS TO ONES PROBLEMS WITH THEIR MEDICAL ISSUES. I WOULD 100% RECOMMEND HER ANYTIME.  Respond
RID: 5485616
19/05/14 5 5 5 5 Love Dr Damian!!!! She is so wonderful. She stayed long after her shift to deliver my son. She makes you feel so comfortable and explains every test and process with you in depth. She may run a bit late for appointments but that is because she does not rush her patients. I have referred friends and family members to her and they all love her too. I can't say enough wonderful things!!
RID: 5482268

17/05/14 2 1 1 4 I'm amazed by all these positive comments. Dr. Damian-Coleman was by far the worst gynecologist I have ever been to. She was always at least 40 minutes late for appointments. Her staff was nice but inept. She had zero bedside manner. She called me to tell me I had HPV and precancerous lesions, did not explain what this meant, then promptly cut out conversation off without addressing any of my questions or concerns. She does not return phone calls. I had to learn about my diagnosis from the internet. She botched my colposcopy so badly I bled heavily for over a week. At no point was she interested in helping me understand my diagnosis or easing my fears. People who do not care about people should not be doctors.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Maria" to "Maria M."
RID: 2835691
04/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Damian is extremely personable, compassionate & gentle. She made me feel at ease! Her new office is Park Ridge is beautiful & clean & the staff is super friendly. So much better than her old office! I highly recommend her!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2806185
22/08/13 3 5 5 5 Ive had two kids with Dr. Damian... she is unbelievably understanding and makes you feel at ease. She is not at fault for her office staff, she is one of 4 doctors. Dr.Damian helped me through different ordeals including a miscarriage. As a woman, It is nice to have a doctor who gives you the time to listen. I recommend her to ALL!  Respond

17/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "Hackensack" to "Park Ridge"
RID: 2684827
20/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Damian-Coleman literally saved my life. She gave me a routine PAP smear and it was normal but there was something curious about it. She looked further and did a uterine biopsy, which came back fine but with an indication that repeated biopsies would be needed every three months. So she referred me to a brilliant surgeon, and on the surgeon's recommendation with Dr. Damian-Coleman's agreement I had a hysterectomy. Lo and behold, the biopsy after the surgery showed pre-cancerous cells. Dr. Damian-Coleman's thoroughness got me the treatment I needed before things could have gotten much, much worse. Also, the high-quality specialists she networks with means she referred me to just the right person. On top of that she is very pleasant. I thank God that my internist referred me to Dr. Damian-Coleman!
Insurance: Oxford
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 2628329
26/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Damian-Coleman has been my ob/gyn for the past 5 years and for the first time I felt comfortable going for medical visits. Last year after newly married I learned I was pregnant. She was happy and very concerned because of my obesity and hypertension. She assured me that she was going to take car of me and my baby. I have had 3 previous c-sections so this would be a high-risk pregnancy. She never made me wait too long and she always checked for possible complications and kept me at ease. When I completedmy second trimester she sawed that my blood-pressure spiked she put me on bed rest and monitored my progress very carefully. Most doctors in the past were not as kind and understanding as she was. I even told her I wanted to have more children and she respected my decision and gave me all the ino I needed. She has a kind heart and I am glad she cares genuinely about my well being. Dr. Damian performed the C-section at 38 weeks and did an amazing job. There were no complications
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2560213

15/02/13 1 1 1 1 I went for an initial visit to Dr. Damian-Coleman when I was 6 weeks pregnant. Worst experience imaginable. First was the cost - I was charged $160 up front for my visit when my insurance only calls for $15 co-pay. Next the consultation - Dr. Damian-Coleman performed an ultrasound and confirmed my baby's heartbeat and health. When I asked what a second dark spot on my ultrasound was, she said it was my gestational sac. "Really? That far away from the baby", I asked. Ok. She then told me that the bleeding I had been experiencing for a few days was "unexplainable". Turns out, I went to a different doctor for a 2nd opinion and that second mass I saw on the ultrasound is another baby! I'm having twins and she couldn't tell at 6 weeks. And my unexplained bleeding is from a subchrionic hematoma, a condition common in multiple births. Incompetence is an understatement. Never mind the rude staff. Pick another doctor.
RID: 1694549

23/01/12 1 1 1 2 DO NOT GO THERE. they have NO idea what they are doing and you will wait 5 months before they tell you theres something abnormal  Respond
RID: 1630849