Rate Dr. R. Martin Bashir

Dr. R. Martin Bashir's Ratings

Waited too long and still he was rude. Who acts like that after making a patient wait an hour. In my opinion he is not a caring doctor. Doesn't really want to help just wants to make a dime of you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1973086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

GREAT DOCTOR. I had a colonoscopy and he removed two polyps missed by my prev. GI. Then I sent my dad to him for heartburn he had for years. Bashir convinced my dad to have an endoscopy which his internist said wasnt needed, and Dr. Bashir found an early grade 1 esophageal cancer, which he refered to a great surgeon and which is now CURED. this is a real doctor. He really cares. Oh, and he NEVER asked to collect a penny and let my forget about a copay on visit. May not seem like anything but he is a real mensch.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1973085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2012

1st visit: 1hour and 30' wait. Colonoscopy: 2hours and 30' wait. Follow-up visit: 1hour 5' wait (left without seing doctor). Execution of colonoscopy and report were good. But regular waits of this magnitude are disrespectful to the patient and unforgivable. I guess most doctors will give you reasonable technical service, but only really good professionals are efficient enough to keep their time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1973084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2011

Back in February I saw Dr. Bashir and he totally misdiagnosed me. He seemed extremely rushed and did not seem to care or pay attention to what I was describing, which I later found out was Crohns diesease...how can a GI doctor miss that! He also ordered a myriad of tests, some of them my insurance did not even cover! Needless to say, that is the last time I went to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1973083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

excellent, personable, great bedside manner, knowledgeable. I have recommended him to all my family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1973082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

Sharp, to the point. Excellent colonoscopy. HAd 2 polyps removed painlessly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1973081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

Dr. Bashir is excellent at all procedures he does. He even does ERCPs on children as well as adults and has an impecable record. He is my favorite doctor and helped me when I had gallstones and infection.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1973080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2011

Caring, attentive, gave me many samples and has a great bedside manner

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1973079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Bashir for 5 years. I started having chronic diarrhea at age 14 (am now 38) and had doctor after doctor tell me there was nothing wrong with me and that it was all in my head. After years of that sort of treatment, I had come to accept it, but after a period of terrible stress, everything got worse. I couldn't keep any food in my body, was losing weight and becoming dangerously thin. I thought I might have cancer and was terrified. A friend recommended Dr. Bashir, and I was skeptical after all of my other experiences. But he took the time to listen to my problems and run the appropriate tests, and he never treated me like a hypochondriac. He ultimately diagnosed me with Crohn's disease. Now, five years later, I'm in remission and healthier than I've been since childhood. Since beginning my treatment, I have recommended Dr. Bashir to two other friends who have also had stomach problems, and they were equally impressed. I cannot recommend him enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1973078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2011

Dr Bashir was 1 hour late for one appointment and 1.5 hours later for the second, citing emergencies each time. People get sick and need a doctor fast, but there is no excuse for Dr Bashir's staff to not notify patients if the doctor will be more than 30 minutes late. For each of my two consultations with Dr Bashir, he spent less than 15 minutes with me and came across as if he had no time to spend with me and no time to listen to me or make certain I understood what he was saying or doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1973077].votes_count ]]