Rate Dr. Richard L. Faiola

Dr. Richard L. Faiola's Ratings

I have been a patient @ Heritage Family Medicine for 7 years I feel I can be completely honest w/ Richard Faiola. Being honest keeps me healthy. Dr Faiola is a competent compassionate man & is a positive asset in our community. He has outstanding interview & diagnostic skills. As a member of Soundpath HMO I receive excellent care @ a reasonable price & prompt appointments. You may rely on HFM for your General Practitioner needs.

Submitted June 5, 2014 | flag

My husband saw a Dr. Stafford in this office. He was having such intense pain he could barely stand. IN HIS CHEST! I called, was told to come in that he would be "fit it." She saw him, evaluated he needed a chest X-ray and a CT scan "stat" but then couldn't read the Xray. Said, Let me ask Dr. Faiola if he "see's anything," She sent him home with pain meds, said if it get's worse go to the emergency room. I called in a favor from a nurse in cardiology at Capital Med. Ctr. He was seen within the hour. He took off his shirt for an EKG, the nurse said, "AHA", you have Shingles. His heart was fine. The Cardiologist looked over the EKG and confirmed he had Shingle sent him home. NO Ct scan WAS ever needed. This will pass. Dr. Stafford meanwhile was contacted for "Dr.Smith's" findings. Two weeks latter he needed pain med's, she denied him! Then left the country to go to Sweden until March. Leaving him with no followup care. This place is a joke. See them at your own peril.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2012 | flag

presented with an infected finger with severe pain; told to soak it and not to worry. Three hours later the pain was too much and went to ER. ER informed me the infection was so bad I could have lost my finger. Lucky for me I didn't listen to this "doc". Instead of rushing me along he could drained the finger, prescribed antibiotics, and in conjunction with the soaking and all would have been fine.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2012 | flag

Dr Faiola and staff run a very efficient organization. Dr Faiola is very thorough, knowledgeable and understanding. I highly recommend Heritage Family clinic to anyone needing a doctor

Submitted Dec. 30, 2011 | flag

Physician takes a lot of time with each patient to make sure all concerns are addressed

Submitted Sept. 20, 2011 | flag

Dr. Faiola is the medical director for a PA-C named David Overton. Mr. Overton should not be practicing medicine - extremely poor clinical advise, did not meet any of my needs, and ran very expensive, unneccesary tests. Poor interpersonal skills - talks very soft and very fast so cannot be understood, then will not repeat himself slower. Avoid this person.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2010 | flag

Excellent communication from the doctor and his staff. Very professionally run practice. One tiny little negative is the company that handles his billing. They are unreachable and do not return phone calls.

Submitted April 25, 2009 | flag

I have received some outrageous bills from this guy, but he is about the best GP I have run into. Sometimes he's a little tardy, but I think that is because he cares a little more than your average doctor in private practice.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2009 | flag

Their office is very up to date in technology. They have a place for kids to play, and its very relaxing as they play classical music. The nurses were very nice and answered all of my many questions. The doctor came in breifly after I was put into an exam room. He has a great sense of humor and even helped me with problems I didnt come in to see him for. I have had many awful experiences with doctors here in Olympia, and he is the first one out of 7 that I am sticking with.

Submitted March 2, 2008 | flag

Interesting comment below about the ice age. I have know Dr. Faiola for about 25 years now and have to say that, while his humor may be a little off-beat at times, he is a great doctor. I am probably alive today because of some very subtle physical changes that he caught years ago. Three other doctors thought I was overreacting, but because of Faiola's intense belief that you have to work on the whole package--attitude, exercise, sleep, diet, etc.--and his desire to do more than dose a patient with medicines and tests, I am around today to enjoy my family! I do sometimes have to wait a little to get into my regularly scheduled appointment, but he also manages to fit me and others in for last-minute appointments VERY quickly. Basically an above-average doctor and a good, ethical man. Have no idea what happened with the unhappy patient who commented below. I've never heard anything like that from him before (hope I never will, either!).

Submitted Nov. 29, 2007 | flag