Rate Dr. Peter J. Ochoa

Dr. Peter J. Ochoa's Ratings

I've experienced Dr. Ochoa professionaly maturing among staff with Summitt Medical Group--since 2002 or 2003 perhaps. He is a personable, attentive phsician networking among a knowledgable group. When mecical capacities beyond the knowledge are needed he will refer-out--not going beyond his scope of experience. I have always been comfortable with one-on-one services provided by Dr. Ochoa. I recomend him to other patients with a various pre-existing conditions that are specifically treated through other specialists such as orthopedics and/or gastroenterologist.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2013 | flag

I HAVE ONLY SEEN DR. OCHOA 1 TIME. STAFF WAS VERY NICE & DR. OCHOA MADE ME FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE. I HAD NOT BEEN TO THE DR. IN SEVERAL YEARS & HE WAS UNDERSTANDING ABOUT THAT. HE ASKED MANY QUESTIONS & LISTENED WELL TO MY ANSWERS. I WAS CONTACTED W/TESTS RESULTS WITHIN 2 DAYS. I APPRECIATED THAT HE DOES NOT SEEM "PRESCRIPTION/PILL HAPPY". FEEL CONFIDENT IN HIS DIAGNOSIS AS WELL AS TREATMENT. THREE OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS ARE SEEING HIM AND HAVE ALL HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCES.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2010 | flag

I found that he is very knowledgeable. He has been very helpful and always refers me if a specialist is needed. After every test (and there have been a lot) I have always been contacted with the results. These other 2 comments seem to me that they are very "high maintenance" patients. I have found that Dr. Ochoa has a very good bedside manner and seems to care about the patient instead of running in and out and not allowing for all your questions to be answered. He has patiently listened to all my questions and has always found a solution for my ailment. I highly recommend Dr. Ochoa!

Submitted Nov. 13, 2006 | flag

On my first visit to Dr. Ochoa asked many personal questions that did not seem relevant to my particular complaint. He then came up with several theories about what might be causing my pain, but did not suggest what I might do about it. He ordered additional tests, which I had, but almost a month later he has not contacted me (nor has anyone) about the results of the tests, even though I have called his office twice.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2006 | flag

I was there in a "general" capacity as I was having many problems which turned out to be Hyperthyroid. After giving me a pap, he wouldn't look at me directly which made me very uncomfortable. Then after my T3 test came back WAY over, he REPEATEDLY asked me if I was taking diet pills. I had made it clear I had a family history of thyroid problems but I had to tell him FIVE times that I was not taking diet pills before he suggested an endocrinologist.

Submitted June 30, 2006 | flag