Dr. MARIA E. SOPHOCLES

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. MARIA E. SOPHOCLES has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "MARIA" to "MARIA E."
RID: 2897672
05/10/13 1 1 3 4 Dr. Sophocles' "bedside manner" is a bit frantic and scattered. This is also reflected in the way her office is managed. As another reviewer noted, this practice is extremely busy. Be prepared to wait, encounter rude and incompetent reception/scheduling, and awkward moments with her intake nurse. Renata Estes, however, is the nurse practitioner in the office and is attentive, caring and competent. If your gyn needs can be addressed by a nurse practitioner, see Renata. Otherwise, I recommend finding a different doctor.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2810110
24/08/13 1 1 3 3 perhaps the worst staff I have ever encountered in a physician's office. stupid and mean is never a good combination. dr. Sophocles is an adequate physician. her staff is both rude and incompetent. they are hurting what could be a decent practice  Respond
RID: 2707033
12/07/13 1 1 5 5 DO NOT GO HERE. While Dr. Sophocles is great, and I really enjoy my interactions, they abuse your time like you're completely unimportant. I'm trying to see a Doctor, not the ambassador to China. I've never waited less than 40 minutes for an appointment and, god forbid you have a question that requires a call back from the staff. About 50% of the time I hear back from a question (including something as simple as when my last appointment was). And if you need an appintment, be prepared to wait a month. It's just not worth the hassle. My time is valuable, and I want a doctor and staff who view it that way.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2573680
01/03/13 5 4 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Sophocles in Princeton for three years, and she is amazing. In spite of a bustling and busy practice, Dr. Sophocles makes me feel like I'm her only patient that day. Dr. Sophocles is thorough, attentive, patient, confident, and most of all, kind. Dr. Sophocles is the kind of gynecologist that every woman deserves to have, and I am Incredibly fortunate to have found her. My health is in capable, compassionate hands with Dr. Sophocles, and I would recommend her to my own family and friends.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2565796
20/02/13 5 3 5 5 Dr. Maria Sophocles is truly the best gynecologist I have been to. She is very, very informative- there is nothing you can't discuss and she makes you feel very comfortable. She is very up-to-date on the latest treatments & procedures and has well thought-out opinions and advice. She is completely informed on all options available to women on various healthcare issues. I did have some long wait times, but I will say that once she sees the patient, she spends a lot of quality time and you don't feel "rushed" or pushed out. The office/practice is very well-run and has many thoughtful, unique touches. Dr. Sophocles is compassionate, values her patients, and has used her profession in a positive way to help the local and larger community.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2526036
09/01/13 5 5 5 5 Excellent service all the time. The doctor takes the time to listen to you and to understand your situation as unique. She does not generalize your situation as many other doctors do. I love the fact that she will take care of you before, during, and after a procedure... She will call you and follow up with you, she will call you before to make sure everything is fine, and she will be during the time of the procedure as much as possible giving you the support you need.
RID: 2488118
02/12/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Sophocles is brilliant, learned on the latest medical treatments/approaches/therapies. She has a gentle touch both physically and emotionally and treats me with utmost respect as an individual with specific concerns and needs not just like every other woman. I was able to talk without feeling rushed while she listens not just hears what I'm saying. She cares ladies and remembers you not just your chart! Ive been to other female gyn's and hands down she's the BEST. Would I travel an hour to see her...YES I already do!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2440321
06/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sophocles is a fantastic doctor. She welcomes questions and can provide information that is easy to understand to a lay person. Her staff is very kind and also detail oriented and make you feel safe in their hands. I recently made an appointment to very my PCOS diagnosis and while I was in for a test, the nurse administering my ultrasound found something unrelated to my previous diagnosis. It was certainly a shock, but I was thankful that I went to Dr. Sophocles for help. I was guided every step of the way and felt truly cared for. The wait time wasn't longer than any other doctor's office that I've been to, and if I did have to wait for longer than a half an hour (which I didn't) I will if it means superior care.
RID: 1533159
08/09/11 4 1 4 4 Dr. Sophocles is nice and easy to talk with but you better be prepared to wait sometimes hours to see her. I waited an hour for her for the first appt. and 40 minutes for the follow up appt. No one called to let me know that there would be a delay. This appears to be the normal for her practice. No thanks, I won't return.