Rate Dr. Lawrence D. Rosen

Dr. Lawrence D. Rosen's Ratings

I find the staff and Practice are rude and un professional , they try to live off the reputation of being Holistic. They really are looking more at the Whole dollar than the Whole Child.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

I loved Dr. Rosen, I especially loved Karen Overguard. I like the practice, the office, the philosophy, the way he listens and interprets data, his demeanor, what he is willing to try before going conventional, that he is open minded with choices about vaccinations, overuse of antibiotics, he is personable, knowledgeable, does not talk down to patients nor parents, has a wide range of supplements available at the office, he stresses sustainability even in the decor of the office, he's punctual... essentially he embodied what I always hoped for, but he is far from my home. I had three children in the practice but we have also a local doctor which he agreed was a good idea, in fact it was his idea that we continue local and come to him for issues we felt warranted special attention so to speak. Essentially we went to him for biofeedback, allergy issues, homeopathic remedies, herbal solutions, reiki, second opinion, vitamins, and other... My insurance paid fairly well, I am anal and prompt with whatever copay I might owe, I am punctual and I never miss an appointment... well can you imagine my surprise when one day I had two feverish children and a staff member told me only one could come in for the sick visit because the other hadn't been there for X months (can't recall but under a year) and was now being considered a new patient. Wait what? Biblical decisions about which child to treat? IBoth had a high fever and the criteria wasn't even his schedule, it was that child number 2 hadn't been sick in a while (sorry for that). My third child had been there just recently, only one had not. I didn't go (obviously) but I left a message for the nurse, an email for the doctor, followed by a physical letter to the doctor, expressing how saddened I was by this. I quoted how many times we had gone, what we had spent and how we wanted to continue but felt it was horribly unfair to be turned away on that basis. They told me on the phone that it was a policy they had recently adopted and were making no exceptions. I assumed it was an insensitive staff member. I left a message for him. NO ONE called back. No one said it had been a clerical error or a lapse of judgement, they couldn't care less whether I returned. I literally cried. I will never forget it. I followed up a month later with an email to the nurse's personal account, and another to the doctor's direct email, I then used their mail system, got nothin' Even restating it makes me sad. When someone else told me of a similar experience I decided to share the experience. Until today I would have gone back in an instant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

We were very excited to get into the Whole Child Center and that excitement turned to disappointment when reality set in. The staff is extremely rude. They paired us with a doctor that they said best fit our profile, and she said little during our initial consultation. When we asked for an appointment with Dr. Rosen the office staff hung up on us. Furthermore they don't have weekend hours and this is a big concern. While we like the concept of the "Whole Child Center" this is anything but that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

I was very disappointed with this office. At first, Dr. Rosen doesn't see patients anymore. They are three other physicians to help patients. In my personal believe, they have no extended knowledge. For two months, they were incorrectly guessing diagnoses for my child. In addition, they sold me the product that cost very bad irritation. My baby was creaming her lung out. After all these troubles, I left the practice. It took only 30 seconds to diagnose my baby and find the solution by other physician from different practice. The office manager is very condescending woman. I will not recommend this office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2459446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

I absolutely love the concept of Dr. Rosen's pediatric practice...treating the "whole child" individually and with integrative medicine. He is a well-read and respected doctor, and initially I was very excited to be joining such a forward-thinking practice. Unfortunately, my exceptions fell short. The receptionists are unhelpful, unfriendly, and have been downright unprofessional. Similar to another reviewer they have downright lied about whether Dr. Rosen was in the office or had availability for appointments. There are also a number of other practitioners in the practice so if your child needs a sick visit they are almost always seeing someone different. I didn't think any one of them was really getting to know my child and that makes treating the "whole" child very difficult.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1974511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2014

Normally, I would have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Rosen...don't get me wrong, he is a great Dr. BUT I recently had made an appt. for my daughter's shots. I explained to the receptionist that I wanted Dr. Rosen's approval of the shots my daughter would be given. I waited 45 minutes to be seen(this has never happened to me in this office). One mom came in stating that they were there for "pictures" and another for the exact reason we were there. Both were taken in before us. I finally said something to the receptionist and it was then that we were taken to the room. I asked the nurse or assistant if Dr. Rosen had approved the shots that were being given. I told her that I did request his approval for the shots when I called the previous day. She told me that Dr. Rosen was not there. This was a lie, I know this bc I heard Dr. in the room with the mother and baby that was there for "pictures" earlier. It would have taken him 2 min for my 1hr and 45 min ride to this appt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1974510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2013

I love Dr. Rosen and the other doctors there. Im very surprised at the comment below about the staff, I always found them caring, friendly and very helpful. One girl, I think her name is Christine has been there for a long time and is ALWAYS nice to me and kids. I really enjoy how thorough everything else, however I do get mad when the nurse does not return my calls on time,other than that this is a great place to bring your kids!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1974509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

I absolutelly LOVE Dr.Rosen! I search for a good pediatrician forever and he is the answer to my prayers! I have a 3 year old son that has bad eczema and food alergies and all other doctors I've seen only made things worse.. I love his "all natural" aproach. He is the best! Worth every penny! I now have 2 kids and my second is his patient since birth. I totally trust his opinion. I love that he cares for "mother's intuition" takes my concerns seriously. Really, can't say enough positive things.. I never rate anything. This is my first rating but I just want the world to know about Dr. Rosen!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1974508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2010

dr rosen is an amazing doctor in every sense of the word. his bed side manner is better than ideal! he has a "whole child" approach and focuses a lot on nutrition and non invasive techniques. however he is also main stream enough to vaccinate (flexible schedule) and medicate when needed. i cant describe all the ways he has helped my husband and i transition into parenting. we feel it is worth it to pay out of pocket for him and they have our insurance reimburse us. we cant say enough positive things about him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1974507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2009

He is a great doctor. Very caring and knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1974506].votes_count ]]