Rate Dr. Mary J. Wilkinson

Dr. Mary J. Wilkinson's Ratings

I was a dead man walking, with little hope. I admire Dr. Mary J. Wilkinson so much. Her referrals are also simply the best. She is extremely knowledgeable in general. I was so ill, now I am 100% A-OKay. I cannot put in words my gratitude for her. While her treatments are 'mainstream, tried & true' , her knowledge of modern, open minded, alternatives are without peer. I found her very easy to talk to. She is indeed very special. She gave me the edge. You need to be able to intelligently discuss 'out side the box' solutions with her, then she will open up a little in regards to holistic practices. Having her as your MD is like going to Vegas and playing blackjack with a 1% edge over the house.

Submitted July 30, 2011 | flag

There are many positives to this practice of doctors and staff. If you are looking for someone who will do hospital rounds, give you some caring support, stay in your corner until the end- you may want to try another. Dr. Wilkinson IS highly respected, but I did not feel as though she was in our battle much. Very much an"inside the box" type. We visited Cancer Treatment Centers, and found alot of help that was missing. We even brought back standard treatment options to her! My wife could not be cured, but there were missteps along the way that may have prolonged quality of life. Also, this doctor is not helpful with exploring options for other treatments - we had to find our own after Dr. Wilkinson "ran out" of options. Dr. Felice is warm/Patch Adams kind. Dr. Cuevo is nice too. Both are part of the team, and are much more personable in the fight.Dr. W office visits seemed to be on a timer with her.The chemo nurses and staff are excellent.If you are near Philly, do explore CTCA.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2011 | flag

She and her staff were very proactive in taking my wife as a new patient. Course of treatment for breast cancer was started in Houston just as we were being transferred here. Their office was able to get all the records and become familiar with us before we even got here. They had an appointment for us within 72 hours of arrival in VA. We very much appreciate what they have done for us so far. Dr. Wilkinson is very kind, considerate and took the time to not just talk to my wife, but listen, hear, and address her concerns.

Submitted May 8, 2009 | flag

Dr. Wilkinson is the best! She has taken care of me for 7 years. I never feel rushed, the wait is never long, and her staff/PA's are great! They return calls the same day and treat all concerns very seriously. I feel very lucky to have found her!

Submitted April 16, 2009 | flag

Dr. Wilkinson has saved my life over and over again. I am a 3 year breast cancer survivor (age 35). Her treatment plan has saved my life and she truly cares.

Submitted March 6, 2009 | flag

Dr.Wilkinson is wonderful! She is extremely knowledgeable, and VERY caring! Her staff is always upbeat, positive, friendly, and organized! There is not one bad thing to say about her!

Submitted April 1, 2008 | flag

I had serious side effects from estrogen blockers...I feel worse now than when I started treatment

Submitted Nov. 29, 2006 | flag

She has been my oncologist for 9 years and I feel very lucky that she cares and knows her field. She tries to be informed about all new developments in her field, and tends to be more aggressive and proactive in order to save patient life.

Submitted July 31, 2006 | flag

Dr. Wilkinson is very knowledgable and provides her patients with the best and latest treatments. Her patients' WHOLE wellbeing is a priority. She LISTENS to and addresses my concerns. She treats me with the utmost respect and dignity. She helps make informed decisions about treatments and gives guidance when I need it. She returns phone calls when I need to speak directly to her. Her office staff is very pleasant, very helpful, and most importantly compassionate and caring. I can always call and ask questions; her assistant is great and always gets back to you with answers to my questions the same day. I always get test results back within 2-3 days, sometimes the next day. I always get copies of reports from all of my tests, as requested. I have had many complications since my diagnosis in 1998 and Dr. Wilkinson has always helped me get through them. She always watches out for MY best interest in my physical AND emotional health. I am blessed to be in her care!!

Submitted June 28, 2006 | flag