Rate Dr. Patrick J. Louis

Dr. Patrick J. Louis's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Louis for TMJ Total Joint Replacement surgery. After my surgery, I developed ptosis from the jaw surgery. Several months later, Dr. Louis placed a weight in my eyelid, eyelid would not close at night. Several years later, Dr. Louis performed removal of the eyelid weight, placed 5 wire sutures in a pie shape from occiput to bridge of my nose, performed nasal surgery, all during the same surgery day. Dr. Louis released me to another surgeon, would not return my phone calls, answer emails, etc.. My neurologist found the wire sutures placed in my forehead caused permanent nerve damage. I suffer with so much pain, pulling and dizziness from these sutures. The damage is irreversible and the correct way to perform ptosis surgery is a simple incision at the top of the front brow, not burring into the scalp, head, and face. You can see the sutures under the skin which causes me to wear my hair over my forehead. My ophthalmologist found the removal of the weight from the eyelid caused my eye to bulge, so much pain. My ENT could not understand the so called nasal surgery. I have breathing issues, so much drainage, front tooth root canal and later removal of front teeth due to this strange nasal surgery. All my physicians report my health issues revolve around these surgeries, no one can give me hope of any way to correct the damage these surgeries caused. After my last surgeries, a woman in an adjoining exam room was screaming Dr. Louis messed up her health. I prayed I would not be faced with this woman's issues with Dr. Louis. I would tell all concerned, BEWARE of this physician. It is my opinion this physician is a training physician for young interns and like to show out. After my surgeries there were a dozen young interns standing at the end of my hospital bed when I came out of the recovery room to a standard room. My friend was told I was experiencing serious problems during the surgery, the op notes stated everything went great. I would not recommend Dr. Louis to anyone who enjoys life. I do not believe Dr. Louis was knowledgeable regarding the procedures he performed on me, or I was the first patient with these procedures. My issues in the face, head, and jaws are severe. My other physicians are so concerned and just can not correct his mess.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2519088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

After looking at everyone else's reviews, I felt like I could trust Dr. Louis. However, I regret getting my surgery with him. I got my 4 wisdom teeth out by him. During the first visit he just explained that he'll be taking out my wisdom teeth, actually he just played a video and came in after the video was finished and asked if I had any questions. I thought that he knew what he was doing, so I didn't ask any questions. The next visit was my surgery day and all of the staff were nice to me. My surgery time was 9am...he started at 11:10. I understand that the previous surgery took longer than expected. He opened the door and said "so 4 wisdom teeth...any questions?". I waited over an hour and became impatient and said no. I just wanted to get the surgery over with. I woke up around 12 pm and was confused from the medicine. I wrote to my mom if I had any complications and she said all he said was "she did good". It's been a week since my surgery and I have on my left side but not the right side. I called the nurse over 3 times and left messages but I haven't gotten a call back, and it's been 3 days. He didn't say anything about a follow up to my mother at all. His words to my mother were "she did good". And he left the room. He probably is a skilled doctor, but I don't think he is a humane doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2507474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

amazing and helpful in every way excellent staff!highly reccomend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][706226].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2013

I had several teeth removed including all wisdom teeth. Amazing job! Very friendly! And fast! No swelling! No for real pain after second day! Definitely recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][706225].votes_count ]]