Dr. Howard Ginsberg

Rate Dr. Howard Ginsberg

Dr. Howard Ginsberg's Ratings

For a supremely talented and smart surgeon, Dr. Ginsberg is approachable, mostly accessible and patient when explaining the intricacies of complex procedures and what that means for the patient. But, unfortunately, the post-op attention isn't there as much as would be appreciated and needed - he's moved on, so the patient needs to figure out their future sort of alone. But he is honest, very honest - so listen to his advice - it's based on LOTS of experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Dr. Ginsberg is a fantastic surgeon and a wonderful human being. Not only did his skill end my suffering, but his compassion and caring were and continue to be truly outstanding. I do not think one could find a finer neurosurgeon on the planet. The nurses at St. Mike's repeatedly told me how great he his and how his patients do so well. So many of them volunteered the same story and said they would go to him as their first choice. You really can't go wrong with him as your surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2615636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Dr Ginsberg may be knowledgeable, but is rude, condescending and provides very poor to little pre-surgery information and almost non-existent follow-up post surgery. His staff are rude and do not return phone calls. He may be skilled as a surgeon but I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2601940].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

research your doctor very carefully especially for brain surgery look for one that has excellent experience and is great with follow-up care

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2573327].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

I had suffered for nearly 20 years with severe neck pain, could not get the doctors in Essex County to look into it because I am young. We ended up moving up north and when I found a family Dr I told him what was going on, he sent me for an MRI then off to see Dr. Ginsberg and I had spinal surgery within 3 months. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Ginsberg and his staff. The only issue I did have (and I always have this problem with meds), is they are to strong for me so I do have a hard time convincing hospital staff that I cannot tolerate some meds. Other than that everything was perfect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Having chronic pain for over 4 years I was finally diagnosed with 3 herniated discs and a dislocated spine. I also have osteoporosis, osteo-athritis, rheumatoid-athritis and nerve damage and was extremely nervous about having this surgery. After much phone calling I was finally referred me to Dr. Ginsberg at St. Michael's Hospital. Upon meeting Dr. Ginsberg in December 2013, I was immediately put at rest due to his knowledge and the confidence he showed when he explained the procedure to me. I had my surgery on February 19, 2014 and one day after the surgery I was up and walking and each day getting stronger and stronger. I would like to thank Dr. Ginsberg and his surgical team for giving me back my life as living with chronic pain, in my opinion, is not worth living. I am now walking further and further each day and I am totally pain free. For anyone looking to have this type of surgery, I would highly recommend Dr. Ginsberg and his surgical team.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2459478].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

I simply wanted to say that I myself am a surgeon so I chose my own surgeon very carefully. I consulted 4 neurosurgeons in Toronto and Dr Ginsberg was the only one who had a sensible approach in my opinion. Having spinal cord compression, my career and my life were on the line, so I had to choose carefully. His philosophy is to try conservative measures when possible, and failing that, to try the least invasive surgical approach possible for the maximal benefit. The others generally preferred a very aggressive high risk operation as their first choice, which would probably have created more disability in the end. His residents and fellows that train with him speak very highly of him. You really can't go wrong choosing him as your surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1975534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2013

Dr. Howard Ginsberg is a fascinating man with 17 years of degrees. He is an engineer who does surgery, not a surgeon who is also an engineer. I was diagnosed with cervical myelopathy with severe numbness in both arms and beginning in my legs. I had seen two other surgeons before him but didn't trust them. As soon as I met with Dr. Ginsberg I immediately knew he was the man I wanted to perform my surgery. He is beyond genius and even though he warned me that this surgery isn't going to correct what is already wrong just make it so it doesn't get any worse he did correct what was wrong. I call him "The God Doctor" because I truly believe he was sent by God to heal people. His assistant Myrna was also very helpful and doesn't deserve the uneducated remarks made here. People need to understand Myrna gets hundreds of faxes a day because Dr. Ginsberg is that highly rated and the best neurosurgeon in Toronoto. She does her best. Thank you for saving my life Dr. Ginsberg. :)Tara

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1975553].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2013

Dr Ginsberg iS the most amazing doctor I've seen out of many he spent time with me on every visit doing through testing. He has an amazing bedside manner. Be careful who you let cut you open some do it for the money and some devote their life to it. Doctor ginsberg has been my life saver. I've been all over the place till I met him. Doctor who is not a student but and actual surgeon from japan is amazing also. Spine Surgery is very risky and does not always cure pain. My spinal cord is compressed and I'm looSing function that's why I'm doing the surgery. Anyone is blessed to come into dr Ginsberg care. If he Says you need surgery I believe him he's not the type of doctor that will just cut you open unless he is sure he thinks there is a chance he can fix you. I've been to a few other surgeons he's the only one I've trusted. God bless you dr ginsberg you are and angel put here to help. You are one of the best surgeons in canada

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1975552].votes_count ]]