Rate Dr. John N. Govostes

Dr. John N. Govostes's Ratings

Dr. Govostes (aka Dr. G) is equally professional and personable and he is very talented in his profession. I was incredibly nervous to have gum surgery and he was patient and kind during my entire procedure. I need to have two procedures done with him – first to remove excess gum line and second to fix two teeth where I have too much recession. I’ve only done the first one so far and I am very comfortable to go back for the next one. I’m halfway through my 2 week recovery and my friends and family are already complimenting me on my smile, which now has a uniform gum line. I was nervous having someone make my smile more even, given that you have to completely trust their craft and eye for precision, but Dr. G nailed it. I am so grateful and happy with the work that he has done and highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2664848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

Unbelievable experience. The man bursts with confidence (not to be confused with cockiness) which instantly makes you feel better about the operation. He takes tremendous pride in his work, treating it as an art rather than "demolition". His bed side manner is impeccable. He really understands how to communicate with the patient at an equal level without "dumbing it down". Is very accessible to answer any questions no matter how little or dumb. He seems to genuinely care about your comfort level and is very accommodating.

Having surgery on your mouth is one of the worst experiences you can have. But, if you have to have it, I highly recommend having it done by Dr. John Govostes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2521948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

My teeth have needed work for a long time and I have been scared to get the work done. So glad I did! Very good experience, and wish I had done it sooner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2521232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

I had 4 dental implants with Dr. John Govostes and I am very happy with the outcome. He was very professional and took his time with me. Strongly Recommended!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][213322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Great Doctor!! My gums were really sensitive and I was putting off for a long time having gum surgery to fix them. I went to several doctors before, but I felt the most comfortable with Dr. Govostes. He fixed my sensitivity and they look really good. I had slight swelling and a little bit of discomfort, but that was to be expected and was explained to me prior. I'm very happy with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][213330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

I had a really good experience and results. He helped save my teeth. During the consult he spent time going over my options with presentations I could understand. My wife previously had a few dental implants done by him and recommended me to him and the office. Before seeing Dr. Govostes I had not been to the dentist for a few years and my wife was pushing me to go. For once I'm glad she did. Bruce

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][213329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2014

Great experience. I had several dental implants and with a sinus lift with very little discomfort. Very happy with the results. I can finally chew food comfortably on that side of my mouth. Dr. Govostes was very patient and explained everything clearly. Frank N.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][213328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2013

Unprofessional, skills are not where they should be. Wouldn't recommend to any family or friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][213331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

Dr. Govostes was very kind and gentle. I was impressed with his knowledge and explanation of my different options. His humor made having the surgery much easier. I have already recommended a few friends who need work to his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][213327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2013

I met Dr. Govostes through Dr. Damien Meola, when my daughter had four front teeth knocked out during a HS softball game. After being stabilized in the local ER trauma room, Dr. Damien Meola, also great, arranged to meet us at his Brighton office with Dr. Govostes, that evening. From the moment he took control of her, I felt confident. He performed surgery that evening and subsequently has performed a bone graft, explaining to us, utilizing the newest materials and techniques. Dr. Govostes loves what he does. He has a passion for his work and it shows. He appears to be constantly educating himself and performing the latest and greatest. We feel both doctors have treated our daughter as if she were a member of their family. She is about to start her implants and there is no hesitation on her part, or ours. He is smart, caring, and talented. As an RN, I only let the best near my family. I am so grateful for Dr. Meola introducing Dr. Govostes to us. Our sincerest Thank you's to them both.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][213326].votes_count ]]