You may also like

Rate Dr. Mark L. Dumonski

Dr. Mark L. Dumonski's Ratings

Professional, trustworthy and a master at his craft. These are the words that I would use to define Dr. Mark Dumonski, his PA-C Kayla McKenzie and the staff at Guilford Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Center. Let me explain why I feel so strongly about Dr. Dumonski. I am now 36 years old and had been living with severe lower back pain since I was in high school. I have been to chiropractors, physical therapists and other orthopedic centers from New York to North Carolina and have always been told that I just needed to “strengthen my core”. I was never taken seriously until my first consultation with Dr. Dumonski a few years back.
Dr. Dumonski took the time to patiently listen to years’ worth of my pain stories and failed attempts to get them corrected. Without hesitation he ordered tests and within a week I was given my first real diagnosis, degenerative disk and joint disease. With his experience he put a plan in place which started with lumbar injections. These injections worked great and gave me my first experience of pain relief in years. By the way, kudos to Dr. Wang for taking good care of me during this time!
When the injections stopped working as we understood they would, Dr. Dumonski gave me a few options which included surgery (L4, L5 to S1 fusion). He explained to me the pros and cons of each option so that I was fully informed when I made my decision which was to have the surgery. The surgery was a success story for me and my family. For the first time I was able to go through my daily life without the back pain that made me feel so miserable.
A few months out of surgery I noticed I was starting to have a different type of pain and immediately set up an appointment with Dr. Dumonski. He was very professional and again took the time to listen with an open mind. It was quickly diagnosed that my Sacroiliac Joints were now the culprit of my newly discovered pain. Again, Dr. Dumonski came up with a plan and a few months later I now have both Sacroiliac joints fused and I FEEL GREAT. I can easily say that for the first time since my teen years I am pain free. Although it was a difficult year with having the 3 surgeries, my quality of life has increased dramatically. I will forever be grateful for Dr. Dumonski, Kayla McKenzie and the whole staff at Guilford Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Center for their dedication and persistence to making my life healthy and pain free.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2768970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I went to see Dr Dumonski after injuring my back in a car accident. After trying all non-surgical options with no success, he performed an L5/S1 fusion. He did an excellent job!! Throughout my entire treatment, he consistently took the time to thoroughly explain things to me and was always patient with all of my questions. I am 7 months post surgery and am completely back to my normal life. I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with back issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2544137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

I was referred to Dr Dumonski through my case manager and I am so thankful for the decision to see to and talk with him, I was not a surgical fix but he did everything to help me within his abilities. I would refer my family and friends to this DR he is one of the good ones. Don't let his age fool you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][213388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

I mainly dealt with Dr Dumonski's PA. She diagnosed me, ordered all meds, called me, ordered MRI. Never heard another word...even though I had a significant rupture in my disc that required surgery right away. I referred my self to a neuro surgeon who got me in right away and had me I surgery and fixed in 2 days. I still to this day have not heard anything from this office, even asking how I was am feeling. I know that he read the MRI and the report surely was recorded and surely he requested for me to be seen right away...nope nothing! Wouldn't recommend ever. And his nurse..wow..she must be really over worked. She has a terrible attitude and said some pretty uncalled for things to me. "You will have to just deal with that pain, it's thanksgiving" "what do you need? You are not my only patient and there are others just as important as you" well good..I'm NEVER coming back! Like EVER!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][213387].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 18, 2014

He is a very young doctor. Nevertheless he is very knowledgeable, good bedside manners. I went to him for my neck problem. I recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][213386].votes_count ]]