Rate Dr. Brian D. Clarke

Dr. Brian D. Clarke's Ratings

Terrible bedside manner, made me feel like he couldn't care less, very dismissive.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

Because of an amazing job a few years ago, I refuse to say anything else negative about my last experiences with this doctor. His RN lacks an trace of humanity or compassion.

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

First of all, the staff at Dr. Clarke's office is the best. They are kind and caring. I've called in many times with questions and they have never been rude or short with me. Dr. Clarke is a very caring and expert physician. He has done upper endoscopies as well as colonoscopies on me without problems and I've never felt a thing. His nurse practitioner, Sue Wolfe, is knowledgeable and extremely kind and patient. She listens. I would recommend this office to anyone.

Submitted June 24, 2009 | flag

Dr. Clarke's office staff were very courteous and friendly on the phone and in person. My wait time in the office was about 5 minutes. The nurse practitioner Sue Wolfe saw me first and had a pleasant personality. She seemed very knowledgeable and asked the right questions to figure out what my medical problem might be. I felt that she really cared about me and made me feel comfortable telling her personal matters. Dr. Clarke came in the room right after Sue left and picked up where she left off. He reviewed my chart, asked me a few questions for more details and did a brief examination. He seemed to know exactly what my problem might be, which I never heard of and no other doctors had suggested as a possiblity. He ordered the appropriate test and referred me to a urologic surgeon who referred me to the Mayo Clinic. The Mayo Clinic did the surgery and found the problem that Dr. Clarke had suggested. I am now pain free from a problem that I have had since birth.

Submitted June 23, 2009 | flag

Dr. Clarke seems like a nice enough fellow and his NP seems like a nice enough lady, but neither are very knowledgeable or helpful for my chronic disease at it applied to me in particular. I saw him for twice and the NP once and then switched to a different gastroenterolgist who is more willing to explore different medication options with me and not ignorant about my medical history when my chart is right in front of him. Dr. Clarke seemed to want to push experimental surgeries and other gee-whiz devices on me that aren't necessary for my level of the disease. The NP tried to tell me there is a med I can't take for certain reasons that are completely false. I knew that from reading the drug information sheet from the manufacturer online, but also from what my new doctor told me. Overall, I just felt like neither Dr. Clarke nor his NP were willing to work with me as an individual.

Submitted May 17, 2009 | flag

I've been seeing him for 4 years for a chronic illness and have been satisfied. Office is busy (like every doctor's office) which can require a little patience, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

Dr. Clarke is totally a down to earth doctor who also knows alot, which is rare in todays world. I went to his office for several EGDs and once for an emergency and he was very caring and helpfull in letting me know what was going to be going on.

Submitted June 25, 2006 | flag