Rate Dr. Mark D. Omar

Dr. Mark D. Omar's Ratings

Could never see Dr Omar unless I made a 2 wk notice. Almost always saw a PA. They were very good I must say, but what good is a doctor if you never get to see him when you need him. Who plans to get sick 2 weeks ahead of time.

Submitted July 13, 2010 | flag

Dr Omar has been my primary care physician for years. He is very kind and concerned. He does not hesitate to refer you to another doc if the need arises. His office is very busy and difficult to get an appointment but I don't want to go to a doc that has no other patients. An empty waiting room would make me wonder about the quality of the medical staff. I have had serious medical issues and he has always treated the problem correctly. Awesome doctor-I would recommend him highly.

Submitted June 24, 2009 | flag

Dr. Omar is the most compassionate doctor I have ever know. He makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world. The only time I have had to wait is when they had to fit me in because I had an emergency. Dr. Omar seems to care more about the humanity side of medicine and less about the monetary side.

Submitted June 18, 2009 | flag

Dr.Omar has a great "bedside manner." HOWEVER he is not a great diagnostician. He will refer you, sometimes unncessarily, to specialists. I had a very common ailment (that was documented)and he ordered an MRI be done, in that bldg.(which meant my insurance wouldn't pay for it, because it wasn't done in the hospital) Then sent me to see specialist,an orthopedic Dr., who I saw for a whole 20 seconds! I was treated by his P.A. and given a shot of cortisone. The MRI was useless because the orthopedic Dr. didn't even use it! They use X-rays. So I had a huge bill to pay for no reason! Dr. Omar IS a caring person, however, you should do your research before you just have expensive tests ordered you have to pay for. If you are hospitalized for something,he will show up EARLY every day. You might get charged for it. His office staff is nice and helpful, but he no longer takes new patients from what I have heard.

Submitted Oct. 22, 2008 | flag

Very good doctor - have gone to him for years and feel very comfortable with him. Have never had to wait too long. Very difficult to get in to see him - so usually go to a PA in his office for minor things.

Submitted June 9, 2008 | flag

Extremely caring with excellent bed side manner. Very thorough and knowledgeable of the medical sciences snd provides referals to trusted and competent specialists. This is a doctor upon which you can rely.

Submitted June 5, 2008 | flag

I left Dr. Omar's office because he consistently was late for appointments and the staff did not care. The last time he was over 1-1/2 hours late before I left and never came back. Good doctor, very poor office management.

Submitted June 3, 2008 | flag

dr. omar is caring,knowlegeble and approachable keeps scheduled appointments on time

Submitted Feb. 10, 2007 | flag