Rate Dr. Omar A. Baker

Dr. Omar A. Baker's Ratings

The Paulus Hook office is pretty, but patient care has been a mess for us. For example: No one told me that my exclusively breastfed baby needed vitamin D. No one called or told us about my daughter's 18-month comprehensive check up. The final straw was when today, accidentally, my daughter got extra shots for the HIB and Pc vaccines. I am more than upset as there is no reason why my 2-year old should have unnecessary metals/toxins/dead viruses in her body. She also got the side effects - pain in one leg, and a lot of redness and swelling on the other. I have been very careful about all of her vaccines, read a lot, followed a schedule, etc. My husband took her today for her annual check up, and since he is not up to-date on her vaccines, he did not protest when they gave her two accidental shots of vaccines she did not need! (later they told me it was a book-keeping error). Dr. Omar Baker is a friendly doctor, but I would no longer trust him and this practice with my kids' care.

Submitted July 6, 2014 | flag

Our family just relocated from another state and we chose Dr. Omar Baker as our daughter's pediatrician based on recommendations from friends. I've never met a doctor as wonderful as he is! He treats our daughter like his own and works quickly to find answers regarding her development delays. He and his staff even make appointments for my daughter at to see specialists at Hackensack UMC. Beautiful and clean office located in the Paulus Hook area of Jersey City!

Submitted Dec. 19, 2013 | flag

My son has been with doctor bakers office since he was born and I must say if love him as a doctor starting off with his office staff to doctor baker himself. Doctor baker is very polite,always explains everything to me that's done to my son every chance that I get when I see someone is looking for a doctor I always recommend to doctor baker because I know they will be happy.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2013 | flag

I chose Dr Baker as my pediatrician because as a parent you always want to make sure that your children are healthy and under the care of a competent and caring doctor. Because of his professional and caring service I decided to keep Dr Baker as my pediatrician.Dr Baker's office located in Jersey City is not only clean, beautiful,and well equipped, but is also very welcoming.After the first visit to his office you walk away with a feeling of trust and can sense the passion that he has in caring for children. The staff and Dr Omar Baker treat me and my children with care,respect,understanding, and diligently address all my concerns. My Children always feel comfortable at his office.Not only is the service I receive from Dr Baker outstanding, It is efficient and convenient.As a busy parent,I appreciate his services and all that he does to keep my children healthy.Just as other nurses and physicians recommended him to me, I recommend him to take care of your children.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2013 | flag

My son is constantly getting sick (working mom and he goes to day care) and I am so pleased with the care that Dr. Baker provides him with. The new office in Essex St. Jersey City is so close, they have late hours (which really accomodate my work schedule), and everything is brand new...immaculate). The office goes above and beyond for helping with referrals and follow-ups (the girls there are great). Dr. Baker is a great Pediatrician. I look forward to watching my son grow up in the care of such a great doctor.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2013 | flag

I absolutely love Riverside Pediatrics and Dr. O Baker. I have been a patient there since July 2010 and I have had a great experience. The doctors are caring, patient and attentive. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The office is always clean! My daughter adores Dr. Baker! She is the only child I know who gets excited to go to the doctor's office. My husband and I are so grateful we found Dr. Baker and we put 110% confidence in his care for our daughter. She went through a lot over the last year: ear tubes, flu, pink eye, fluid in her lungs, vision issues, asthma, and thanks to Dr. Baker all these things were found early and are already being remedied. I highly recommend Riverside Pediatrics and especially Dr, Baker!!

Submitted Sept. 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. Omar Baker is a caring person who always puts me at ease. When my daughter was born she had high Bilirubin and he treated her. We were (and still are) nervous first time parents. For convenience we switched to the Hoboken North office; luckily for a year of routine well visits. Her first real illness hit us in the last 3 weeks. Because it was a Sunday we saw Dr. Baker. He remembered us after a year. I immediately got the "good vibes" I want to associate with our Pediatrician. We switched back to Secaucus and have had to, unfortunately, be there 3 times is a week for a sick baby. But Dr. Baker and the staff have been so thorough will following up, patient with our questions and accommodating fitting us in. Thank you for doing what you do!

Submitted April 11, 2013 | flag

I can not tell you how happy we are about the level of care our baby has received from Dr. Omar Baker and the other team member at Riverside Pediatrics-Secaucus location. As first time parents of a newborn, you are surrounded by a lot of questions. Dr. Omar Baker and the team have been wonderful in taking the time and patience to answer all our questions in regards to our baby’s health. Dr. Baker has even provided us with an email where we could write to him for those not so urgent questions. As far as the location, there is plenty of parking, the office is clean and organized, the hours of operation are great, there are no long waits to see a doctor, and the staff is very friendly and seems to genuinely care about the children. Thank you Dr. Omar Baker and Riverside Pediatrics for making life so much easier. Sincerely, Mario and Karen Ponce

Submitted Feb. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. Baker is a wonderful Pediatrician! He takes his time with us and treats us, and all of his patients, like family. Our son loves him and we all look forward to our visits. He explains everything well and goes out of his way to make sure he is available if we have any questions. On several occasions he has helped us with issues over the phone. We could not be happier with the care he gives our baby!- Riley's mom

Submitted June 3, 2012 | flag

Dr. Baker is a wonderful doctor, I trust him completely with my infant son. During our first visit my son was having complications with Bilirubin. Dr. Baker went out of his way to ensure we could reach him if we had any questions. I respect all of the Doctors at Riverside truly a caring bunch;however, the front staff still needs improvement. Since the new office manager started there has been a noticeable turnaround in the front desk girls but if the office manger is not around they tend to slip back to their old ways, ignoring patients standing in front of them or putting you on eternal hold. Having said that I would still highly recommend this practice Dr. Baker is awesome but if you don't get to see him you will feel comfortable with any of the other Doctors. It's also nice to know they saw a problem with the front end staff and hired someone to correct the issue.- Ana Townsend

Submitted May 27, 2012 | flag