Dr. Omar A. Baker

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Omar A. Baker has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5603614
06/07/14 1 3 1 1 The Paulus Hook office is pretty, but patient care has been a mess for us. For example: No one told me that my exclusively breastfed baby needed vitamin D. No one called or told us about my daughter's 18-month comprehensive check up. The final straw was when today, accidentally, my daughter got extra shots for the HIB and Pc vaccines. I am more than upset as there is no reason why my 2-year old should have unnecessary metals/toxins/dead viruses in her body. She also got the side effects - pain in one leg, and a lot of redness and swelling on the other. I have been very careful about all of her vaccines, read a lot, followed a schedule, etc. My husband took her today for her annual check up, and since he is not up to-date on her vaccines, he did not protest when they gave her two accidental shots of vaccines she did not need! (later they told me it was a book-keeping error). Dr. Omar Baker is a friendly doctor, but I would no longer trust him and this practice with my kids' care.  Respond
RID: 3635830
19/12/13 5 5 5 5 Our family just relocated from another state and we chose Dr. Omar Baker as our daughter's pediatrician based on recommendations from friends. I've never met a doctor as wonderful as he is! He treats our daughter like his own and works quickly to find answers regarding her development delays. He and his staff even make appointments for my daughter at to see specialists at Hackensack UMC. Beautiful and clean office located in the Paulus Hook area of Jersey City!  Respond
RID: 3630356
11/12/13 5 5 5 5 My son has been with doctor bakers office since he was born and I must say if love him as a doctor starting off with his office staff to doctor baker himself. Doctor baker is very polite,always explains everything to me that's done to my son every chance that I get when I see someone is looking for a doctor I always recommend to doctor baker because I know they will be happy.  Respond
RID: 3629372
10/12/13 5 5 5 5 I chose Dr Baker as my pediatrician because as a parent you always want to make sure that your children are healthy and under the care of a competent and caring doctor. Because of his professional and caring service I decided to keep Dr Baker as my pediatrician.Dr Baker's office located in Jersey City is not only clean, beautiful,and well equipped, but is also very welcoming.After the first visit to his office you walk away with a feeling of trust and can sense the passion that he has in caring for children. The staff and Dr Omar Baker treat me and my children with care,respect,understanding, and diligently address all my concerns. My Children always feel comfortable at his office.Not only is the service I receive from Dr Baker outstanding, It is efficient and convenient.As a busy parent,I appreciate his services and all that he does to keep my children healthy.Just as other nurses and physicians recommended him to me, I recommend him to take care of your children.  Respond
RID: 3629110
10/12/13 5 5 5 5 My son is constantly getting sick (working mom and he goes to day care) and I am so pleased with the care that Dr. Baker provides him with. The new office in Essex St. Jersey City is so close, they have late hours (which really accomodate my work schedule), and everything is brand new...immaculate). The office goes above and beyond for helping with referrals and follow-ups (the girls there are great). Dr. Baker is a great Pediatrician. I look forward to watching my son grow up in the care of such a great doctor.
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Omar" to "Omar A."
RID: 2861146
18/09/13 5 5 5 5 I absolutely love Riverside Pediatrics and Dr. O Baker. I have been a patient there since July 2010 and I have had a great experience. The doctors are caring, patient and attentive. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The office is always clean! My daughter adores Dr. Baker! She is the only child I know who gets excited to go to the doctor's office. My husband and I are so grateful we found Dr. Baker and we put 110% confidence in his care for our daughter. She went through a lot over the last year: ear tubes, flu, pink eye, fluid in her lungs, vision issues, asthma, and thanks to Dr. Baker all these things were found early and are already being remedied. I highly recommend Riverside Pediatrics and especially Dr, Baker!!  Respond
RID: 2614461
11/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Omar Baker is a caring person who always puts me at ease. When my daughter was born she had high Bilirubin and he treated her. We were (and still are) nervous first time parents. For convenience we switched to the Hoboken North office; luckily for a year of routine well visits. Her first real illness hit us in the last 3 weeks. Because it was a Sunday we saw Dr. Baker. He remembered us after a year. I immediately got the "good vibes" I want to associate with our Pediatrician. We switched back to Secaucus and have had to, unfortunately, be there 3 times is a week for a sick baby. But Dr. Baker and the staff have been so thorough will following up, patient with our questions and accommodating fitting us in. Thank you for doing what you do!
RID: 2565219
20/02/13 5 5 5 5 I can not tell you how happy we are about the level of care our baby has received from Dr. Omar Baker and the other team member at Riverside Pediatrics-Secaucus location. As first time parents of a newborn, you are surrounded by a lot of questions. Dr. Omar Baker and the team have been wonderful in taking the time and patience to answer all our questions in regards to our baby’s health. Dr. Baker has even provided us with an email where we could write to him for those not so urgent questions. As far as the location, there is plenty of parking, the office is clean and organized, the hours of operation are great, there are no long waits to see a doctor, and the staff is very friendly and seems to genuinely care about the children. Thank you Dr. Omar Baker and Riverside Pediatrics for making life so much easier. Sincerely, Mario and Karen Ponce
Respond

10/10/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2196384
03/06/12 4 5 5 5 Dr. Baker is a wonderful Pediatrician! He takes his time with us and treats us, and all of his patients, like family. Our son loves him and we all look forward to our visits. He explains everything well and goes out of his way to make sure he is available if we have any questions. On several occasions he has helped us with issues over the phone. We could not be happier with the care he gives our baby!- Riley's mom
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2161547
27/05/12 4 4 5 5 Dr. Baker is a wonderful doctor, I trust him completely with my infant son. During our first visit my son was having complications with Bilirubin. Dr. Baker went out of his way to ensure we could reach him if we had any questions. I respect all of the Doctors at Riverside truly a caring bunch;however, the front staff still needs improvement. Since the new office manager started there has been a noticeable turnaround in the front desk girls but if the office manger is not around they tend to slip back to their old ways, ignoring patients standing in front of them or putting you on eternal hold. Having said that I would still highly recommend this practice Dr. Baker is awesome but if you don't get to see him you will feel comfortable with any of the other Doctors. It's also nice to know they saw a problem with the front end staff and hired someone to correct the issue.- Ana Townsend
RID: 2160344
25/05/12 5 5 5 5 My overall experience with Dr.Omar Baker has been EXCELLENT! My husband and I are very happy that we found Dr.Baker because he takes his time explaining my daughter's conditions to us. He makes sure that we leave his office with all of our questions answered. When we leave his office, we are always satisfied with his service. When my baby was very sick he even called our home to check how she was doing. He is an expert in medicine and always presents options to me in the treament plans he feels is best for my daughter. Dr.Baker is compassionate, reassuring, and very committed to his patients and his practice. He has very nice character that makes children feel very comfortable in his presence. I never have any problems making appointments and his staff are all very caring. Overall I would highly recommend Dr.Baker! He is a Doctor with a TRUE passion for what he does! -Debbie (Savannah's Mom)
RID: 2128517
11/05/12 5 4 5 5 We love Dr. Omar Baker! My husband, myself and our son love coming to see him and know he will help put at ease any health concerns or infant questions/concerns. He takes extra time with us, listens to our long list of questions and addresses all with great knowledge and expertise. We consider him part of the family and we feel apart of his family. He also makes sure to only associate himself and their practice with great doctors, staffing and specialists. We are pleased on all levels.
RID: 2088923
28/04/12 5 5 5 5 Riverside Pediatric Group is by far the best of the best when it comes to doctors and staff. Each visit is personalized, and the staff and doctors go out of their way to make their little patients and parents at ease. The doctors there that we mainly deal with, Dr. Omar Baker is OUTSTANDING with my sons. He will do everything in his power to avoid horrifying ER experiences and are EXCEPTIONAL in diagnosis and treatment. Riverside Pediatrics is family to me, my husband and children. The doctors are available around the clock for emergencies and questions. Riverside Pediatrics has many locations, and they are even open on Sunday, whereas other physicians are closed. Again I say with the upmost sincerity, Riverside Pediatrics is by far the best when it comes to doctors and staff. Dedication = Riverside Pediatric Group  Respond
RID: 2081663
25/04/12 5 5 5 5 We love going to see our pediatrician Dr. Omar Baker. I have 2 boys, both under the age of 5 and I being a physician whole heartedly trust Dr. Bakers recommendations and advice. He's incredibly smart and just very good at what he does. We are always seen quickly, the office staff is incredibly helpful when scheduling appts, forms etc. A few times, the office called to check up on my son. The hours are incredibly convienient to my lifestyle and I would highly recommend this practice and Dr. Baker to all of my friends/family. Sincerely, Afsheen Iqbal
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2071435
22/04/12 5 5 5 5 During the past year, we had the opportunity to know and appreciate very much Dr. Omar Baker. He is a gifted pediatrician, passionate with his job. He works with scrupulous care, is very committed and dedicated and, in my opinion, he has a remarkable element of distinctiveness as a pediatrician that I would name "human factor". He loves kids and shows at work good heart and genuine care for his little patients. Today, my (almost) four years old daughter likes going to the doctor, while before just the sight of the pediatric office door caused crying and screaming. She is affectionate to Dr. Baker. I also appreciate him taking always the time to discuss, instruct and answering all my questions and the quality of the specialists that he referred us to. All my daughter's health issues have been well taken care of.
Paid (or co-pay): $45
RID: 1804371
26/03/12 5 5 5 5 Amazing doctor, Very helpful, i went there for information, and i struck gold with him.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1771480
21/03/12 5 5 5 5 I would love to take some time to share my wonderful experience at riverside pediatrics in secaucus with everyone. The staff is absolutely amazing, caring and eager to help. The late hours are a godsend, and a great alternative to the ER. The doctors are genuinely involved. I would like to take the time to especially mention Dr. Omar Baker, he is the most attentive, sympathetic, caring, kindhearted human being, and genuinely has your well being in mind. He has attention to the smallest of details as well as the ability to make you feel at ease when you're most vulnarable. this is what sets him apart from any doctor, and therefore setting the practice apart from the rest. i feel lucky and blessed to have found him, and i'm proud to say he is my doctor. i know i will forever be in good hands.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 1771153
20/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Omar Baker is very knowledgeable. He is kind and caring; my two children (6yrs old and 8mths old) are very fond of him. He takes his time with them, checks out our complaints (be it a runny nose, a sore throat, or stomach virus) and then takes extra steps to make sure nothing else is wrong with our children. He also takes the time to educate the parents on proper treatment and preventative actions we can take to keep our kids healthy and happy. I highly recommend Dr. Omar Baker.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1756218
18/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Omar Baker is an excellent doctor. My son,who has a very serious health issue, is very fond of Dr. Baker. He is an utmost professional but is a very caring doctor who knows how to relate with children. Dr. Baker is always available to answer my concerns and to ease my worries. I highly recommend Dr. Baker to all parents.
RID: 1734115
11/03/12 5 5 5 5 As a single working mom I must express the gratitude I have for Dr O Baker and his staff. They are always available day or night. No matter what day of the week or be it a holiday Riverside Pediatrics is always there for me and my children. Occasionally there is a wait, but that is because they will not turn a sick child away. In my book that is a very valuable practice. Thank you:)
Respond

07/03/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "NEW YORK" to "Secaucus", State changed from "NY" to "NJ"
* - Rating left by a registered user