Rate Dr. Evert J Tuyp

Dr. Evert J Tuyp's Ratings

I find Dr. Tuyp to be a wonderful, caring doctor. He is personable and present, and always listens to my concerns. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my friends and family.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

I have seen Dr Tuyp for a few years now, and all I can say is, I am so very thankful to have been referred to him. I am very comfortable seeing him for my skin cancer issues. I was very relaxed and set at ease even when getting bad news from him. He is very knowledgeable and helpful and is direct in a compassionate way. I will continue to see him until he retires =)

Submitted Aug. 8, 2013 | flag

This was my 1st visit and it was a referral. I was early for my appointment but had to wait 40 min. past the apt. time. The receptionist was not friendly. The visit with the Dr. was great. He has a great sense of humour and is knowledgeable.

Submitted April 8, 2013 | flag

He is a nice man, takes his time, has knowledge, but should improve on personal skills and overall skin care. He only focuses on the pharmacological side of a skin care, and it's not sufficient. He didn't help me a lot with my comedonal acne, but supposily it't the toughest one to treat.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2011 | flag

I had my first visit with Dr. Tuyp last week. I went in with hesitation as I tend to get nervous with any new doctor. Dr. Tuyp was the most well rounded doctor I have ever had. He flawlessly mixed a keen diagnoses, humour and a sense of caring together. His ability to explain symptoms and solutions at a level I could understand was phenomenal. You would be hard pressed to find a better Dermatologist.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2011 | flag

Caring Doctor that is always on time or before appointment time. Prepared to listen to you. To my knowledge is well qualified and certainly explains his treatment.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2011 | flag

Dr Tuyp is a very funny, personable doctor. My 15 year old son has been seeing him for acne, and he has had good success. My son listens to what he says, because he uses humour to get his point acroos. I found him to be punctual, and the office staff are very polite and helpful.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2010 | flag

Treated my psoriasis very well first visit, now it is back with a vengeance, need to go back and find out why? I found this Dr. funny, knowledgeable, friendly, In my opinion if skin disease is controlled or eradicated this is most important, chatting with Dr is a bonus not a given.....Dr's time is precious and so is mine.......

Submitted Nov. 8, 2010 | flag

My infant son had what appeared to be ringworm on his scalp so I took him to our family doctor who believed it to be ringworm as well, but as my son was still under 1 month old he didn't want to take any chances so he referred us to Dr. Tuyp for a second opinion. Dr. Tuyp was friendly and courteous enough, but his diagnosis concerned me. He told us that it was simpy a case of "dry skin." I thought it was odd, but hey, he's the expert right? He prescribed some kind of glorified moisturizer and told us to apply it to his scalp. It didn't work and the patch of "dry skin" continued to expand. We went back and suggested to him that it might be ringworm. He insisted that it was dry skin and gave us another moistureizer and sent us on out merry way. Shortly thereafter we visited our family doctor who was surprised to see that my son still had the "dry skin." He was shocked at Dr. Tyup's diagnosis and decided to prescribe an anti-fungal cream and within a week the ringworm was gone. Shocker!

Submitted Sept. 22, 2009 | flag

Very, very helpful and funny man. Cleared my acne perfectly with Acutane. Let me know of all the risks involved including staying out of the sun before prescribing. Since then checkups have been quick but that's not a problem for me. Wait time is a little long, but worth it.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2009 | flag